Basque

The Basques were by no means the first. ALL Europeans have inherited DNA from Paleolithic Europeans. Judging from Y-DNA hg I and mtDNA H1, H3, U5 and V, those who inherited the most DNA from Paleolithic Europeans are the Saami, Finns, Scandinavians, Bosnians, Croatians, then only the Basques (because it's only mtDNA).
Spaniards are one of the most Paleolithic and least Neolithic of all euroepans.

..the origins of the Iberian Y-chromosome pool may be summarized as follows: 5% recent NW African, 78% Upper Paleolithic and later local derivatives (group IX), and 10% Neolithic (H58, H71). No haplotype assumed to have originated in sub-Saharan Africa was found in our Iberian sample. It should be noted that H58 and H71 are not the only haplotypes present in the Middle East and that the Neolithic wave of advance could have brought other lineages to Iberia and NW Africa.

Bosch et al. 2001

However, I found this that claims that Rh- is more common in Africa, India and the Middle-East than in Europe. It also shows Xinjiang as having a high incidence. But I couldn't find any serious website corroborating this data.

I have the most comprehensive list of blood type frequencies in the world on my site and just one look makes me realize at least 10 things I can disprove right now 100 percent with several studies done each.

My mother is H11a which is common in the basques. She and myself are also RH- curious about basque origins as well.

Rhesus- is almost not found in non-European populations, so it must be native to Europe.

I have to disagree with this. There are indications that the original Basques were 100 percent rh negative or rather are descendants of a 100 percent rh negative group of people. What we see today is the Basques after 1,000s of years of mixing with neighbors. Originally likely without any blood type B. Possibly even 100 percent O negative. This group likely coming from the Fertile Crescent being the first Europeans.

However, I found this dubious map that claims that Rh- is more common in Africa, India and the Middle-East than in Europe. It also shows Xinjiang as having a high incidence. But I couldn't find any serious website corroborating this data.

Xinjiang has about 4.71% rh negatives, 10 times the frequency almost of China as a whole:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15090322

I don't know any Basque or Ainu so I cannot say if this site is trustworthy or not,

Not trustworthy. Aside from copying mostly, his assumptions appear not what a university professor should voice.
Example:
http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/bronze/seapeopl.htm

... Rh-negative population in Chad, still living near the formerly enormous Chad lake. Only part of this lake still exists on the spot where the boundaries of Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon meet. These people may originally have been the sailors on Chad lake. Could it be that this is the original location of the Rh-negative population that then moved to Morocco and Algiers to become the Berbers? Or would it be the other way around?

and:

When the Rh-negative people, we now call Berbers, first came to what is today Euskadi (pronounced: oos-ká-di), the Basque country, they found there a small but most creative population which, according to the archaeologists, may have lived there already for some 20,000 years before the Rh-negative peoples arrived.

I will probably start a seperate thread on the last point made, but figured I throw this in to question his Ainu Basque comparison alongside other statements he has made.

http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/bronze/seapeopl.htm
... Rh-negative population in Chad, still living near the formerly enormous Chad lake. Only part of this lake still exists on the spot where the boundaries of Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon meet. These people may originally have been the sailors on Chad lake. Could it be that this is the original location of the Rh-negative population that then moved to Morocco and Algiers to become the Berbers? Or would it be the other way around?
I think there's indeed a link between basque and some asiatic languanges but there's also some words similar to the guanche language (guanche's were the natives of the Canary Islands).

Guanche -Basque
-English

ache- etxe - house
aho- aho - mouth
aga - aka - dead
ana - ana - sister
hama - ura - water
urin - urin - meat

Pretty intersting.
150 years ago, american professor said that Indo European appeared as early as 2,000bc. How could he say that without genetic analysis? It was “150 years ago.”
Moreover, he mentioned there were two empires of the Iberians and pelasgians before indoeuropean came. The iberians came from nothern africa, when the berbers were gaining possession. And Basques are the only existing remnants of the Iberians. Basque language has some similarities to american Indian, but their cranial types to the Gauches and Berbers
https://archive.org/stream/jstor-25118417/25118417#page/n1/mode/2up

1. chade people, basque, sardinian have R1b-v88. Sardinian ancestors are connected to Pelasgian and Basque.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33130-EEF-gave-Africa-R1b-V88?p=495235#post495235

2. Basque language is similar to asiatic, american Indian language. Sumerian also right? That is why your ethnicity is sumerian. Nostratic caused by ANE R, Q???

Pretty intersting.
150 years ago, american professor said that Indo European appeared as early as 2,000bc. How could he say that without genetic analysis? It was “150 years ago.”
Because some people are nuts. They have a medical condition called schizophrenia and they see things that don't exist. Others just don't have good logic. They can't see obvious patterns, and to make it worse, they make connections where patterns don't exist. What scary is that both type of people truly believe they are right and unmistaken.

That is just silly. Especially considering we are seeing results from 5,000 year old burial grounds in the Basque region. And for example, up to 24% mtDNA haplogroup K being present. This clearly shows a non-European origin of the original settlers in the Pyrenees.
http://www.rhesusnegative.net/staynegative/is-there-a-basque-jewish-rh-negative-connection/
Moreover, he mentioned there were two empires of the Iberians and pelasgians before indoeuropean came.
How long ago exactly did the ancestors of the Basques arrive?
The iberians came from nothern africa, when the berbers were gaining possession. And Basques are the only existing remnants of the Iberians.
I have seen the claim a lot of times that Basques descend from Berbers, but that also makes no sense considering the lack of significant E1b1b present in the Basque population. But it is possible that Basques are indeed the only remnant of a mix of those who settled in the Pyrenees and their original Iberian neighbors.
Basque language has some similarities to american Indian, but their cranial types to the Gauches and Berbers
I did look this up a while back and yes, there are definitely language similarities. As for cranial types, Berbers, Basques and Native Americans all share large percentages of Neanderthal DNA. Could this be the origin of their similarities?
1. chade people, basque, sardinian have R1b-v88. Sardinian ancestors are connected to Pelasgian and Basque.
Interesting. I fail to see Chad being the original location of an rh negative population though. Again, the increase of mtDNA J and K in ancient Basques leads me to believe in a Fertile Crescent origin. From there a migration also leading towards Sardinia where we do see a y-DNA hotspot. I have not been looking at the Pelasgians previous, but will do so now.
2. Basque language is similar to asiatic, american Indian language. Sumerian also right?
Indeed. Dene-Caucasian's subdivisions include Basque and Sumerian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dené–Caucasian_languages
Here is a map:
Dené-Caucasian.JPG
That is why your ethnicity is sumerian.
I am looking at my own family background and from various angles, all seems to trace back to that region.
Nostratic caused by ANE R, Q???
Sorry, I don't follow.
Sorry about the late reply. But better late than never. :)

This thread has been viewed 29820 times.

Back