New haplogroup I2a map

This one (p.67) gives 42% of I. There is very little I1 or I2b in Bulgaria, so most of it is I2a.
Maciamo,how come this study gives 26 percent of I haplogroup for Italians,and you have listed only 6-7 percent in the Eupedia table?

Maciamo,how come this study gives 26 percent of I haplogroup for Italians,and you have listed only 6-7 percent in the Eupedia table?
Actually it gives 6.5 %.

My stepson is I2a from Volgograd in Russia, where his y-dna line has lived as far back as they can remember. His closest matches are Polish.

1) because it's a map of I2a, not all I.

2) it's not the only study of Italy. I make averages.

I know,i haven't asked you for the map,but for the y-dna percentages in eupedia grid:)

anyway,really strange study.I felt so ecxited for it because it's so detailed and systematic,but full of weird things,should I say *rap.it gives over 70 percent of I2a in central Croatia which is totally insane,and it shows like 3-4 percent od R1b in Dubrovnik while in reality it is about 20 percent.

and Maciamo,could you please tell me from which study did you made this 10 percent of I1 for FYR Macedonians?Seems very interesting

I2a2-Isles is also found in Scotland as far as I am aware.

and Maciamo,could you please tell me from which study did you made this 10 percent of I1 for FYR Macedonians?Seems very interesting

Battaglia (2008) gives 8.8% of I1 in Macedonian Greeks. I think there was another study for FYR Macedonians but can't find it anymore.

Yeah,that's the same study which gives Croatians 9.0% of I1.
I thought there was a specific study for FYROM Macedonians,but I guess we can conclude they have it a lot since their first southern neighbors have it.

Is the I1 in the balkans of paleolithic origin, or was introduced via germanic peoples ?

Obviously it was brought from the north,I doubt any I1 is autochtonous here.

Here are my theories:
1)Slavs were brought by Goths in these areas,2 of 3 books for early Croatian history mentions Croats/Slavs in this are as 'Goths' or 'Goths,who are in fact Slavs','Croats alias Goths'
2)Goths arrived here just before Slavs and were assimilated,so in some way they are 'autochtonous' to this area,check this map:
http://www.s155239215.onlinehome.us/turkic/btn_GeographyMaps/AD_453WesternHunEmpire.gif
3)Croats may have assimilated great deal of I1 people in their old homeland.
Craniometrical measurements show that early Croats mostly correspond to skelets found on the border of north-eastern Germany and Poland;as I am aware,great deal of I1 is present there.If their 'homeland' was there,they surely assimilated a lot of I1.
4)People who came to western Balkans were simply Slavic-Gothic mix,an alliance of tribes.
5)Most extreme theory-Goths were Slavs themselves,parzitularly eastern Goths,some writers even claim that.

There might be a lot of truth in it, Joro. Goths started their trip from middle of Scandinavia. It took them around 150 years to get to the Black Sea. Their main language remained Nordic, but during this slow voyage they most likely collected some Baltic and Slavic (and/or whoever the Venedi or Veleti were) tribes, or at least some genes. Same might apply to Vandals. Eventually these tribes were pushed West by Slavic and Hunnic people. I saw a map somewhere showing Serbs location in Bavaria for couple of hundred of years before moving south.
Definitely lots of mixing around.

Zazaki_language"]Zazaki Turks[/URL] of eastern Anatolia. I doubt that all of it is I2a, but it's possible considering the high percentage of R1a (26%) and the fact that they are Indo-European speakers.

Please Dear Maciamo since when we Zazaki speakers became Turks? I have never seen a member of my family calling him self Turk. We speak a Northiranic language related to Parthian and are ethnicly kurdish.

Please Dear Maciamo since when we Zazaki speakers became Turks? I have never seen a member of my family calling him self Turk. We speak a Northiranic language related to Parthian and are ethnicly kurdish.

If you live on the Turkish territory and have the Turkish nationality, you are Turk, no matter what is your ethnicity. Most Turks are ethnic European anyway, not ethnic Turks.

If you live on the Turkish territory and have the Turkish nationality, you are Turk, no matter what is your ethnicity. Most Turks are ethnic European anyway, not ethnic Turks.

Kurds are recognized in Europe as seperate own Group so you are wrong with your oppinion. A nation is not equal to a state you should know that! There is a big difference between a Citizen of Turkey and beeing a ethnic Turk.

Kurds are recognized in Europe as seperate own Group so you are wrong with your oppinion. A nation is not equal to a state you should know that! There is a big difference between a Citizen of Turkey and beeing a ethnic Turk.

I think you confuse nation with ethnicity. In Turkey's case, nation equals state, because it is not a federal country and therefore only has one state for the whole nation. On the other hand there are lots of ethnic groups : Greeks, Armenians, Kurds...

This thread has been viewed 179753 times.

Back