Films & Series What happened to "Being Human"?

Nasturtium

Reaction score
Ethnic group
UK/German/Irish
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c3i
My favorite show was "Being Human" on BBC America, but it's been almost a year since I've seen a new episode. When I search for it, it seems new episodes have been made. Are they being shown on the BBC in Britain, and just not making it across the pond?

The new series finished about two weeks ago here. you'll like it. It gets bloody near the end.
I have also heard that they are going to remake it for the US. Probably do as well as the US version of Life on Mars. Why on earth do the TV bosses in the US think that they need to remake it for the US?

Arrogance. I hope it flops, as it should. Being Human is perfect because it is British. American movies and TV tend to have good guys, bad guys, with very little in between. Good always triumphs over evil and everybody lives happily ever after.

European TV and movies like to challenge the lines between good and evil, and very often, nobody lives happily ever after...just like in real life. I don't hate the American idealism per se, there's a place for it. But with vampires and other creatures that haunt the night, European realism and grit are definitely in order.

Thanks for the heads-up. If I don't see anything soon, I'll try and see if there's a way to contact BBC American about it. (y)

It's May 19th 2010 and I just saw the first add for the new season of Being Human on BBC America. Ugh...why must you torture us so???!!!!

Does European TV show the Daily Show with Jon Stewart?

Most of TV shows are crap anyway, but sometimes there are gems like Sopranos. Well defined characters, great scripts, dialogs, music and humor. I like mafia shown in everyday life, and not glorified and one sided like in God Father.

Does European TV show the Daily Show with Jon Stewart?

It's shown in the UK, Portugal and Denmark as far as I know. BBC America seems to receive programming much later compared to the British one as the second series finished almost three months ago.

I'm just updating that this week, July 2010, is when I saw my first episode of the 2nd season of Being Human on BBC America!!!!! I think I could have swam to England in less time than it took the second season to be played here. What's the deal!!?? :mad:

I wish that I could get BBC America, I am on cable and my cable provider doesn't offer it. Then BBC blocks online video to the USA.

I wish that I could get BBC America, I am on cable and my cable provider doesn't offer it. Then BBC blocks online video to the USA.

Strange that you can't get BBC America in Texas.

It's what I get living in a small city in South Texas, my cable provider doesn't offer it, although living in South Texas does allow me to keep my Spanish practice up, we have 14 Spanish language channels. :LOL:
I am seriously considering switching to a satellite provider for TV, I already dropped the cable provider for broadband and went to DSL, it's a little slower but much more reliable.

This thread has been viewed 14121 times.

Back