Paris now world's most expensive city to live

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
The high euro, low pound, low dollar and low yen are making continental European cities comparatively more expensive. The most expensive euro-zone city is by far Paris. 2009 has seen the cité be crowned dearest of all by wallets around the world.

Tokyo is second for the first time in a while. Oslo comes third, undubitably because of the Norwegian crown's overvaluation.

Have a look at the ranking chart on the Economist.

How comes it's not Monaco ? Also Euro zone and more expensive to live than Paris !!

Wow, it must be expensive if it costs more the visit than New York City. I haven't been there since the early 1990's and I do remember it was more expensive than Brussels.

Quite exotic..but i don't think it will affect the number of foreign tourists to the city,indeed some people may cut down stay while in Paris.but i will also work other way as it may pull visitors to the other cities of france..like Monaco and marselle.

Quite exotic..but i don't think it will affect the number of foreign tourists to the city,indeed some people may cut down stay while in Paris.but i will also work other way as it may pull visitors to the other cities of france..like Monaco and marselle.

Monaco isn't exactly cheaper than Paris. But there certainly is a lot more to see in France than Paris. Actually, the greater Paris region (including Versailles, Fontainbleau, etc.) amounts to perhaps 10% of the sightseeing in France.

For your information, price per square metre in Paris= 8000 Euros...:petrified:

I don't know if it's the most expensive city, but Ooouuuch...

For your information, price per square metre in Paris= 8000 Euros...:petrified:

I don't know if it's the most expensive city, but Ooouuuch...

There are big differences between arrondissements though. The cheapest are the 18th, 19th and 20th. The most expensive are the 6th, 7th, 8th and 16th. A luxury home in the 7th can fetch well over 15,000 euro per square metre.

This thread has been viewed 18654 times.

Back