R1b in Iberian Peninsula, France and the British Islands

Egyptian mummies predate the Greeks. Can you read?

Parts of Eastern Europe lack R1b completely. I would believe a dual migration of R1b from Anatolia through the Caucuses, as well from Northern Africa, through the Iberian Peninsula. As for the statement, which you appear to make with hostility, that Iberian and English R1b is the same - we agree upon. The consideration should be made as to the origin of the haplogroup. It's known that Northern Africa was light skinned, and and only became mixed with slaves when Egyptian civilization collapsed.

Egyptian mummies predate the Greeks. Can you read?
The R1b found in mummies can also be indo-european waves, can you read ?

Parts of Eastern Europe lack R1b completely. I would believe a dual migration of R1b from Anatolia through the Caucuses, as well from Northern Africa, through the Iberian Peninsula.
That's a funny theory, considering North Africa has even less R1b than Eastern Europe, which by the way it's true that it has low R1b, but it is not lacking

And ancient berbers had also indo-europeans roots, Wilhelm. Sprinkles' point is actually valid though I don't agree with it.
He is basically saying that all Western Europe are descendants of North Africans, because some mummies were R1b. Wouldn't make more sene if we turn it around, and say the mummy was actually of indo-european descend ? :confused:
btw, Berbers are mostly E-M81, not R1b.

The trooth is that we have two languages of R1b: Basque and Celtic.

Who is original?

One must have been assimlated to other.

The first scenario, basque became aryanized and became celts, and in second scenario celts became basque.
Wrong. Basque is a pre-indoeuropean language. The R1b people spoke indo-european languages who split into the Germanic, Celtic, Latin languages

The Celtic Culture and languages arose about 1000 BC as the Latene
Culture in Northeast-France, Southern Germany and Switserland-Austria.
I suppose that the earliest Celts arrived in the Iberian Peninsula about
500 BC. Generally they were blond/red haired with blue eyes like the
Germanic tribes. Read the classic authors. They became much darker by
intermingling with the Alpines and Mediterraneans.

I cannot believe that only the Celts brought the R1b. It is an unbelievable
thing that the darkhaired mediterranean Spaniard is related the British,
Dutch and Danish man and have a commun male ancestor R1 b.

About the Celtic tribes: they lived afterwards in France (Gaule) but never
in the norhern areas like Belgium and Netherlands. Celtic tribes have been
restricted to the Latene and Hallstat Culture.

Well that's not quite true. Actually it is the germanic tribes who were blonde, not as much with the Celts. Read some scientists authors like Oppenheimer who believe Celts were dark-haired, atlanto-alpine-mediterranean, also see you can see the Lindow man reconstruction :

iaman.jpeg

Why you cannot believe it ?? The R1b in Spain is the same branch (M269-P312) as the found in the rest of Western europeans. And not only are we related by R1b, but also by the maternal H1, H3, V

Well That's not true. The archeological evidences, linguistic evidences are overwhelimng. This is the expansion of the LaTene and Hallstat culture :

celtii.jpg

Hallstatt_LaTene.png

migratia%20celtilor.gif

You're perfectly free to refuse to believe in all historical and genetic researches about Iberia, Haganus.

I will not argue with someone whose best argument is that celtics could have never invaded Iberia because the ancient iberian tribes were "warlike and macho-men like the Spaniards today".

Many thanks for your information. But why did the R1b Celts have dark
hair and dark eyes? And the fair haired Dutch and Danes have the haplogroup
R1b too. Please explain how it is possible. Celts did never go to north
of the Netherlands, north Germany and Denmark. It is thought that R1a
caused the blond hair. But why did the haplogroup I not cause the fair hair?
The region where the haplogroup I is the most numerous is exactly the
homeland of the ancient Germanic tribes, the so called Northern Bronze Culture.

But the ancient Iberians strenghten the dark haired element of the Celts.
Till the Roman era Iberian languages were spoken in Spain (for example
the words: perro-dog, burro-donkey). And Herodotus described the Celts
who lived in south Germany and Austria as fair haired.

For heavens sake "Celtic" is primarily a cultural category. Moreover, Celticity, given the mounting scientific evidence, could well have risen first in SW Iberia. You are completely clueless...:LOL: You apparently don't believe in a lot of things that have long been proven.

Again - since you seem to ignore basic information that doesn't correlate with your highly incorrect notions of certain ethnicities - the majority of Spaniards (and Portuguese) are ATLANTIC PEOPLE WITH PALEO-ATLANTID, NORDID ATLANTID AND ATLANTO-MEDITERRANEAN PHENOTYPES. More traditional Mediterranean (people from the eastern Mediterranean) types - in Iberia, semi-Eastern Mediterranean actually - are found essentially in the south and south-east of the Peninsula. Come now, let's start dealing with reality...

Speaking of classic historians, whose writings I hardly trust very much, Herodotus identified the Celts as peoples occupying south-west Iberia.

Last edited:
Many thanks for your information. But why did the R1b Celts have dark
hair and dark eyes? And the fair haired Dutch and Danes have the haplogroup
R1b too. Please explain how it is possible. Celts did never go to north
of the Netherlands, north Germany and Denmark.
The germanics and celts are two different branches of R1b-M269. The germanics (Dutch, Danes, etc) have the U106 branch, while the Celtic branch is the P312/S116.

But the ancient Iberians strenghten the dark haired element of the Celts.
Till the Roman era Iberian languages were spoken in Spain (for example
the words: perro-dog, burro-donkey). And Herodotus described the Celts
who lived in south Germany and Austria as fair haired.
No. Till the Roman era, Celtic languages were spoken in 3/4 of the Iberian Peninsula (Lusitanian, Tartassian, Celtiberian, etc) and Iberian languages in the East

Please which title is Oppenheimer's book in which he wrote that the Celts were dark
haired? In advance many thanks for your information.

Please which title is Oppenheimer's book in which he wrote that the Celts were dark
In his book "The Origins of the British - A Genetic Detective Story. 2006

There are other authors also such Bryan Sykes, Barry Cunliffe, John Collins, etc. And also :

Saxon Etheldreda's 'Liber Eliensis' documents the Fenland tribe of the Girvii (Gywre), who are cited elsewhere as being an independent people with dark hair and their own (Brythonic) language.

Last edited:

You may also wish to read J. Koch's latest book: Tartessian: Celtic from the South-west at the Dawn of History.

More traditional Mediterranean (people from the eastern Mediterranean) types - in Iberia, semi-Eastern Mediterranean actually - are found essentially in the south and south-east of the Peninsula

"eastern mediterranean" haplogroups peak in the south-west of the Peninsula, actually.

Iberia_YHaplogroups_20p7j8l.jpg

2369492477_82f59a50d3_o.png

Balanovsky et al (2008). Distribution of Y Chromosomal Haplogroups R1a, R1b, N3, and N2 in Europe.

Population grouping. Most of populations with sample size less than 40 were omitted or pooled. Data on the same group from the different
sources with the sample sizes greater than 40 were pooled when exact localities were not specified in all sources. The map scales are
different for frequent (R1a, R1b, and N3, 10% scale step) and less frequent haplogroups (the other five, 5% step); for all maps, the first
interval indicates virtual absence (less than 1%). The bar graph above the scale shows the portion of the total area covered by the
respective scale interval. Abbreviations in the statistical legend indicate the following: K, number of the studied populations; n, number
of samples in K populations; and MIN, MEAN, and MAX, the minimal, mean and maximum frequencies on the map.

2369492477_82f59a50d3_o.png

Balanovsky et al (2008). Distribution of Y Chromosomal Haplogroups R1a, R1b, N3, and N2 in Europe.

Population grouping. Most of populations with sample size less than 40 were omitted or pooled. Data on the same group from the different
sources with the sample sizes greater than 40 were pooled when exact localities were not specified in all sources. The map scales are
different for frequent (R1a, R1b, and N3, 10% scale step) and less frequent haplogroups (the other five, 5% step); for all maps, the first
interval indicates virtual absence (less than 1%). The bar graph above the scale shows the portion of the total area covered by the
respective scale interval. Abbreviations in the statistical legend indicate the following: K, number of the studied populations; n, number
of samples in K populations; and MIN, MEAN, and MAX, the minimal, mean and maximum frequencies on the map.

I did say south (all south) and south-east but was referring to phenotypes.

^Lynx^:

Do you have a direct link to the Balanovsky study? I got only a partial article by Wiik when I googled.

You're perfectly free to refuse to believe in all historical and genetic researches about Iberia, Haganus.
I will not argue with someone whose best argument is that celtics could have never invaded Iberia because the ancient iberian tribes were "warlike and macho-men like the Spaniards today".
We all know that Spaniards (all Iberians) are a bunch of Neanderthals...such animals. :LOL::LOL:

^Lynx^:

Do you have a direct link to the Balanovsky study? I got only a partial article by Wiik when I googled.

Sorry Cambria, I've tried to found the complete study as well but no results. I get the map above from flickr.com.

Greetings.

This thread has been viewed 157785 times.

Back