Giants and I haplogroup

There aren't archaeological records, simple as that. If you support that such a kind of epysodes took place, you'll have to prove it.
I don´t see what kind of proves are expected for such ancient period.
What happens with American Indians just hundred years ago. And today nobody is talking about genocide. And what kind of archeological proves can show how they were sistemicaticallly exterminated and their land usurped.
Maybe Western Europe wasn`t so densely populated in that time. However I believe that it was two confronted races, I and R.

I don´t see what kind of proves are expected for such ancient period.
What happens with American Indians just hundred years ago. And today nobody is talking about genocide. And what kind of archeological proves can show how they were sistemicaticallly exterminated and their land usurped.
Maybe Western Europe wasn`t so densely populated in that time. However I believe that it was two confronted races, I and R.

In northern America most of the native societies were tribal and paleolithic in front of modern estatal armies.

In Iberoamerica most of the peoples were agricultural states with a relatively high population density, in front of a post-medieval army.

The second group is very visible today -"pure" or "mixed"- and wasn't sistematically exterminated.

Obviously europeans knew writing, then archaeology isn't so necessary. I'd like to add that a haplogroup isn't a race indicator and human groups use to carry more than one hg, today and thousands of years ago. People intermix: yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Human histoy is more complex than Tolkien's style paradigmas. When you affirm something in a positive way -that took place- the burden of the proof lies on your roof. Imagine that I say that megalithism was product of an alien invasion. You'd ask me for proofs....

Human histoy is more complex than Tolkien's style paradigmas. When you affirm something in a positive way -that took place- the burden of the proof lies on your roof. Imagine that I say that megalithism was product of an alien invasion. You'd ask me for proofs....

Yes, there are not proves to say if it was extermination or peacefully replacement of population, but I understood that we here are talking about possibilities and hypotethical statements, as we can not say that all this story about haplogroups are real at all. We can only give some possible conclusions on the basis of facts we have. If you ask for proves, most of posts on this forum wouldn´t survive.

I'll go with probabilities. We know that "exterminations, massacres or massive migrations" happened countless times on all continents during recorded history of last couple of thousands of years. It's highly unlikely that same things didn't happen in Europe during couple of thousand of years at the time of migration and settlements of R people. Is it possible that R1b gets 80-90% population by only peaceful outbreeding? Yes, but chance of it is extremely low, probably one in a million.
No one gives away land without a fight, I people didn't just pack and leave, they needed a lot of persuasion.
Who knows, after energetic persuasion of R1bs hordes, I tribes left in panic in great migration and hid in Scandinavia.
And no I don't have a historic record of it either, but it can give you a hit why western Europe is an I haplotype desert, but I is very common in rest of Europe.
Other hint is what Wilhelm said. H mtDNa is still present, just I males are gone. So just I men vanished, H women were assimilated. Maybe I men went hunting and got lost in the forest?

I'll go with probabilities. We know that "exterminations, massacres or massive migrations" happened countless times on all continents during recorded history of last couple of thousands of years. It's highly unlikely that same things didn't happen in Europe during couple of thousand of years at the time of migration and settlements of R people. Is it possible that R1b gets 80-90% population by only peaceful outbreeding? Yes, but chance of it is extremely low, probably one in a million.
No one gives away land without a fight, I people didn't just pack and leave, they needed a lot of persuasion.
Who knows, after energetic persuasion of R1bs hordes, I tribes left in panic in great migration and hid in Scandinavia.
And no I don't have a historic record of it either, but it can give you a hit why western Europe is an I haplotype desert, but I is very common in rest of Europe.

Other hint is what Wilhelm said. H mtDNa is still present, just I males are gone. So just I men vanished, H women were assimilated. Maybe I men went hunting and got lost in the forest?

Obviously we don't share the same concept of what probabilities are.

You assume R1bs were organized in massive hordes
You assume those hordes weren't mixed
You assume all I's predate all R1b's in Europe and equally weren't mixed.
You assume those hordes were massive killers
You assume I's were hunters and R1b's were.....?
You assume that I is more dense in Scandinavia and southern-eastern/eastern Europe than in western/south-western Europe is because their supposed invaders weren't as "efficient" as the western ones, or even could be refugia zones -from Iberia or France to the Balkans and Scandinavia it only takes a few hours...by plane- from the impetuous attacks of the -sic- R race.

Maybe R1bs came in UFO's

By the way, what languages spoke "the different races"? Klingon and hobbit? j/k

I don't really care how they came to dominate in western Europe, Segia. In about 10 years when enough of ancient bones are analyzed for dna will know how things unfolded. I'm pretty sure though that your peaceful expansion of beloved R1bs, and your romantic views of them will be shuttered to smithereens.

I don't really care how they came to dominate in western Europe, Segia. In about 10 years when enough of ancient bones are analyzed for dna will know how things unfolded. I'm pretty sure though that your peaceful expansion of beloved R1bs, and your romantic views of them will be shuttered to smithereens.

I wasn't giving a personal opinion about how it took place. I was putting an emphasis on your opinion's weak points, on your simplistic -and plenty of assumptions- views.

I'm familiarized with all the patterns of Europe population and precisaly not since yesterday.

It was my idea long time ago. I think "I" carry some neanderthal genes, in the way they are described in mythology they resemble neanderthals, if you saw "Grendel and Bowulf"

But for I2a2, forget that, you must know that they came during the Dark Ages, from Moldova and Ukraine and Belorusia.

Giants were elsewhere too :)
Here is a recent discovery in central Georgia. According to archaeologists about - 25 000 years old (coincides more or less with HG I ages does not it? :):)) I wish they'd do a paleo-dna test...
Unfortunately the video and the text are only in Russian.
http://www.1tv.ru/news/world/29635

...R1b exterminated Is more than anyone else...

Hmm, eases my guilt about the whole Viking invasion thing. Maybe it's O.K. that France, Ireland, and England felt some hg. I "payback"?

I found an interesting article on height, puberty, adiposity and genome connections; but I had to stop here and give Lebrok a slight thumping behind the ears for this one! Will post more on a more tangential thread.

For now see Human Molecular Genetics Volume 22 Issue 13. July 1, 2013 (Oxford University).

Last edited:
Look carefully at table of human height on the link bellow. World tallest people is found exactly in the regions where haplogroup I is typical or dominant haplogroup (Dinaric Alps, Scandinavia). I don´t believe it could be coincidance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Herzegovinians and Montenegrins are well known as tallest people in Europe.

Montenegrins, in all 250 000 inhabitants are Slavisized albanians. High presence of haplogroups E, J is in line with Dna of Albanian areas. The rest of Montenegro are Serbs, I don't know which side is taller, but if Serbs of Montenegro are taller then I could be responsable, If Slavisized Albanians Montenegrins are taller then I is not responsable, but some combination of all this haplogroups could be. Kosovo Albanians are also among the tallest people in Europe and I2a is not present at all.

so what would be the most likely haplogroup of the nephilims

so what would be the most likely haplogroup of the nephilims

I don't know but I suspect that hobbits were largely G2 (peaceful little early farmers).

http://www.nber.org/papers/w12466

Stature and Status: Height, Ability, and Labor Market Outcomes

Very funny thread even if the concept of giants (genuine or imaginated) and myths is interesting -

concerning stature I can check here the problematic escapes to a lot of people:
more than a bias:

• global states populations very often without any geographic, ethnic or social background taken in account – different periods of History -
  • no knowledge about the different AND CONTRADICTORY factors modifying stature: climate adaptation, food, inter-«racial» crossings or/and mating circles enlarging with more or less lasting effects on generations, physical way of life (sport at DIFFERENT AGES with DIFFERENT EFFECTS upon skeleton (and face), more or less hard hand work...) being the result that low OR high body stature can reflect EITHER AN INCREASE IN FORCE AND HEALTH OR THE OPPOSITE! A better and richer food can at first give better health than lack of food, when too much an too rich food can provide the opposite result -
economical and social (linked) conditions can modify the level stature in a country even with the same population (over generations), but as a whole it appears the European countries known for their high stature are still the higher ones today -
I already posted concerning this problem: the newly arrived immigrants in a foreign country CANNOT be taken as a good sample of their country original population (bias: social / regional / ethnic...) and it concerns every aspect of antrhopology -
the rude climatic conditions favorizing hight statures??? where are the proofs??? we could rather see the contrary in some cases: Inuits (Eskimos), Saami, Samoyeds and the opposite: the Touareg epople – don't confuse the one direction aspect of stature with a plural directions aspect of body and limbs thickness – and don't forget the nature give the living beings more than a way to adapt oneself; the «UNIQUE-LAW» system is very rare in Nature... by the way, the Mesolithic people of western and north Europe were loosing height as time was passing... maybe some new crossings, but?... (crossings are rather supposed to encrease stature) -
&&&: always the surveys (biased for I think) about IQ linked to physical heredity:! The «old Lochie»: I suppose the most or these studies were made in the USA? They produce with great regularity and in a very short time the opposite results about everything! («papers» business?) -
I DON'T DENY any genetic aspect in IQ, but what I know is that the surveys are very often biased: social origins not taken in account, and it has a BIG IMPUT! I smile (a bit bitter!!!) when I read something like «...children about 3 years age, before going to school...» and let's devine which ones are the higher IQ-ed? The taller ones! What a surprise! But WE KNOW TODAY the «education» - and it comprises the physical treatment and affective attentions given to the babies – has a big impact even just after the birth, and maybe before, and the way of life of parents, the education and the money they have influence the baby developpement in a huge proportion! When other parameters are the same ones, who is taller among the young children: the higher social classes ones: it is very amazing, isn't it? The occupational success?: a) you have a first explanation just above: social classes + b) the ridiculous or not but apparently real prejudices concerning authority linked to stature: in the french banks I think I noticed the managerial employees were taller as a mean than the inferior categories of clerks – the intermediate managerial ones indeed, because at an higher level, when other qualities and more proofs are required the average stature seemed not so different: so the physical look play a role – it is true that a high stature can confer more confidence in oneself -
the taller men would be more intelligent than the smaller ones?: never thought! (in a same context, evidently)

Would explain the story of the aesir conquering the jotuns from norse mythology

The esoteric, witchcraft-loving Vanir farmers could be associated with the mesolithic and neolithic haplogroups (I1, I2, G2a, E1b1b); the aggressive Aesir would represent the R1a and R1b newcomers. Eventually they stopped fighting and merged to form one people, collectively known as Aesir (Indo-European cultural domination). The Giants (who weren't always necessarily bigger than the Aesir) could symbolize the Finno-Baltic enemies from the East.

This thread has been viewed 38873 times.

Back