Hitler belonged to Near-Eastern Y-haplogroup E1b1b ?

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
De Standaard, a Dutch-language newspaper from Belgium, published an article relating that Adolph Hitler could have belonged to Y-DNA haplogroup E1b1b, based on the results of paternal relatives of the dictator.

This is highly ironic since E1b1b is the predominant haplogroup among North African, Ethiopians, Somalians and Near-Easterners (Jews included).

This doesn't mean anything. This haplogroup is common in the zone where the Hitler familiy was (Austria and Central Europe) about 10% . So it would be no strange to belong to E1b1b, and it is not an indicator of being less European, it is only y-dna not Autosomal.

Not surprising but certainly ironic.

I vaguely remember reading someplace that Hitler might have been the product of an affair between his Mother and the son of Jewish family she worked for as a housekeeper. Maybe there was some truth to the story!
However until somebody can come up with some DNA of Hitler's male line we'll never know.
I believe that male descendants of his half brother Alois live in the USA. Perhaps one of them will volunteer for testing. :LOL:

I vaguely remember reading someplace that Hitler might have been the product of an affair between his Mother and the son of Jewish family she worked for as a housekeeper. Maybe there was some truth to the story!
However until somebody can come up with some DNA of Hitler's male line we'll never know.
I believe that male descendants of his half brother Alois live in the USA. Perhaps one of them will volunteer for testing. :LOL:

Actually, his father was illegitamate son. There were rummors that Hitler´s grandma Maria Anne had an affair with the son of some Jewish wealthy man where she was working as a servant and that Hitler´s father was result of that relationship. So, not his mother but his grandmother, father´s mother.

Amongst European ethnicities E1b1b dominates amongst Albanians.

^^Yes, as long as the clade isn't mentionned, he could be Berber just as he could be Balkanid.

The person who wrote the Telegraph article obviously did not do his research - typical grade D journalism. E (Y-DNA) frequencies total 9% in Austria, where Hitler was born. One can have a classic European phenotype and test Y-DNA E, J1 or even L. We are talking about admixture...

The person who wrote the Telegraph article obviously did not do his research - typical grade D journalism. E (Y-DNA) frequencies total 9% in Austria, where Hitler was born. One can have a classic European phenotype and test Y-DNA E, J1 or even L. We are talking about admixture...

I think they were looking at Western Europe as a whole and not specifically at Austria.

But you're right, E1b1b1 is not that big a surprise for a Central European.

It would be interesting to get more specifics on the haplotype and the subclade to see if Hitler could have had Jewish ancestry.

Hmmm

the myth that Hitler had some relative connection with Jews is it True?

I mean could that E be from certain Jewish families?

E(V13) is not Middle Eastern. Neither is E in General it is African and European.
If E(V13) is not European R1b is African and Central Asian!
Hitler has a typical gene for Balkan and Central Europe! Descendant from one of the first Europeans!
Typical for Jews are E(V22),J1 and some subclades of J2 ,R1a and R1b

The fact Hitler was E1b1b, suposed very good news for those who enjoy having fun with sensationalism (and the exagerations emanating from it). When someone is able to show real admixture proportions, then, we could discuss if he had Jewish ancestry or not. Till the moment, there's obviously nothing to say.

E(V13) is not Middle Eastern. Neither is E in General it is African and European.
If E(V13) is not European R1b is African and Central Asian!
Hitler has a typical gene for Balkan and Central Europe! Descendant from one of the first Europeans!
Typical for Jews are E(V22),J1 and some subclades of J2 ,R1a and R1b

are you sure about EV-13 non Levantine ?

Yes I am sure. E-V13 is observed in South East Europe a lot in Central,Eastern,South Europe and UK there is a bit. In North Africa and Middle east it is missing or result of recent migrations. All this R1b supremacy do not fly with me!Regards :)

I suggest that the distribution of E1b1b along the Mediterranean and Europe coincides with the Carthaginian expansion. Could Hitler and Napoleon have been descendents of Hannibal? :)

I suggest that the distribution of E1b1b along the Mediterranean and Europe coincides with the Carthaginian expansion. Could Hitler and Napoleon have been descendents of Hannibal? :)
I reckon it goes back mainly to pre history and the advancement of farming. I highly doubt the Phoenician colonies in southern Europe managed to impact the European genepool very much.

Did they also test his MtDNA?

Did they also test his MtDNA?
No, because they can't, the only still existing part of Hitler is his upper jaw, and the cloth that was on the couch which he shot himself on (which therefore has his blood on it) which are in the hands of the Russian government which has so far refused to give it to DNA testing, so one could only test his indirect descendants who share his paternal ancestry.

This thread has been viewed 65396 times.

Back