Haplogroup U and Ursula

You need to go down further into the tree and find this "hebrew" marker in K1a and actually state what it is , instead of claiming all K1a is hebrew, .......... 90% of K1a are not hebrew

you most likely refer to only this marker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_K1a1b1a_(mtDNA)
There are 3 K1a markers that are exclusively Ashkenazi Jewish, K1a9, K2a2a and K1a1b1a, on a side note, I doubt they exist among non Ashkenazi Jews.

But happlogroup K came from U8, which originated in Southern India. The migration occured along with Y-dna haps J1 and J2, which also migrated from the same area. The J1 and J2 lineage have strong, but not nescesarily complete, association with the semites. J1 and J2 were the Y-haps found in the ancient semites, and others in which the proto-semites "influenced". In fact, J1 is hypothesized to be the haplogroup of Abraham (pbuh), due to it's presence in Ishmaelites and the Cohens (all direct descendants).
Even if its not found in Hebrews in the strict sense, members of K still have a maternal lineage from the proto-semites, and the South-Indians.

But happlogroup K came from U8, which originated in Southern India. The migration occured along with Y-dna haps J1 and J2, which also migrated from the same area. The J1 and J2 lineage have strong, but not nescesarily complete, association with the semites. J1 and J2 were the Y-haps found in the ancient semites, and others in which the proto-semites "influenced". In fact, J1 is hypothesized to be the haplogroup of Abraham (pbuh), due to it's presence in Ishmaelites and the Cohens (all direct descendants).
Even if its not found in Hebrews in the strict sense, members of K still have a maternal lineage from the proto-semites, and the South-Indians.
And we all descend from east Africa if we're talking about it in that way.

Hi all! So I finally got my full sequence in and I am U3a1c. (a subclade of Uma's branch). Although I will admit some confusion as from what I have been reading my ancient maternal ancestry comes out of (in like the last 7-10 or so thousand years geographically) Scandinavia, somewhere near the Caucasuses, or even possibly the Middle East? or maybe that was the general route it took? *shakes head*. A recent discovery according to the U3 project admin who was looking at my results; I apparently have a very Unique mutation in my coding region (marker 9516), so unique that No One Else Thus Tested in the U3 project with this company has it! (Surprise to me). I do have 18 matches most are 3 step matches which I THINK means our common ancestress was alive likely 700-just over 1,000 years ago, and one 2 step match which I think means our common ancestress was alive roughly 500 or so years ago. The admin thinks my mutation will be handy in finding others within U3a1c who are much more closely related to me.
I have tons of questions lol but I think for now, the one on my mind (aside where my maternal ancestry comes from in the last several thousand years), is;
Does Marker 9615 in the Coding Region do anything? or serve a purpose??
(I also had 4 other extra mutations according to the company I tested with but the admin told me those others were fairly common)
My recent maternal ancestry comes from Ireland; traceable via records until just about 1800 in County Kerry.

This thread has been viewed 33898 times.

Back