Genetic of Italy (also taken from Wikipedia)

I agree.

From what I know the sequence, from the lightest to the darkest, in S.Europe is this:

1)French
2)Southern French/Northern Italians
3)Spaniards/Central Italians
4)Portugueses/Greeks
5)Southern Italians (Calabrians, Sicilians, Sardinians)

The most diffuse racial types in each regions are:

ITALY:
1)dinaricized mediterraneans (not graciles!!!)
2)alpinid mediterraneans and alpinids
3)subnordics and alpino-subnordics
4)atlanto-mediterraneans
5)graciles

HIBERIA:
1)atlanto-mediterraneans
2)baskids or dinaricized mediterraneans

SOURCE: ANTHROPEUROPE

I know the person who runs that site. There is little that is scientific about it.

From what I know the sequence, from the lightest to the darkest, in S.Europe is this:

1)French
4)Portugueses/Greeks

Do you mean all pigmentation or just eye pigmentation? If eye pigmentation only, NE Spain is lighter eyed than Central Italy and similar to Veneto, Piedmont and Lombardia.

I agree.

1)French
4)Portugueses/Greeks

ITALY:
4)atlanto-mediterraneans
5)graciles

HIBERIA:
1)atlanto-mediterraneans

Perhaps you need to read the Jablonski et al. skin tone study on Europeans. The research team conducted measurements in Leon (N. Spain) and found that the average skin shade there is lighter than natives of Wales, the London area and parts of Belgium. Now, does it not stand to reason that the skin tones for regions in the general vicinity of Leon (Galicia, Asturias, Zamora, Cantabria in Spain and Minho, Douro, Tras os Montes and Beira Alta in Portugal) would be pretty much the same.

Every country should be divided regionally rather than treated holistically. This holds for skin tone as well as hair and eye pigmentation.

I agree.

1)French
4)Portugueses/Greeks

ITALY:
4)atlanto-mediterraneans
5)graciles

HIBERIA:
1)atlanto-mediterraneans

Iberia has as many Atlantids (Paleo-Atlantids, Nordid-Atlantids and variations thereof) as Atlanto-Mediterraneans.

Really? Never met spanish with light (?) eyes.
Light eyes in Spain are common. Here you have some examples, it's not hard to find :

Gerard_Pique.jpg

2008112149Ram%C3%B3nCalder%C3%B3n.jpg

attachment.php

josemariacastroceron11pv9.jpg

1223597708743_f.jpg

0_2007-7-28-20-46-30671.jpg

lluis_homar.jpg

GUTI_RUEDA_PRENSA.jpg

soraya.jpg

1672415109_0e30b82249_b.jpg

enriquemartinez.jpg

davidbarrufet01.jpg

I agree.

1)French
4)Portugueses/Greeks

ITALY:
4)atlanto-mediterraneans
5)graciles

HIBERIA:
1)atlanto-mediterraneans

among northern italians the place with most blue eyes, apart from south tyrol is Triveneto (mediterranean phenotype only among the coasts, the rest is central european look or even a NW look), i think triveneto equals NE Spain for the blue eyes

have a look (at least i think triveneto has the right percentage)
blue_eyes_map.jpg

in Triveneto you see frequently more centro european look like this:
luca-zaia9.jpg

In particular i think Friuli-Venezia-Giulia is heavily celticized (Carni); it's the most centro-european region of italy; this is based on when i went there and i saw people very different from those i usually see at least here in tuscany.

some maps

here you can have fun to see in wich genetic part (genetic group) of italy you lives in:
5b8fa685ee413fe096f9b82bece88094.jpeg

darker, ancient ligures genes:
fig3us6.jpg

darker, etruscans? genes:
572rn0.jpg

darker green, greek genes:
Mappageneticaitalia.jpg

ts

pc1.jpg

DPhaarman_01.jpg

DPhaarman_02.gif

interesting map
cavalli+sforza+europa.jpeg

among northern italians the place with most blue eyes, apart from south tyrol is Triveneto (mediterranean phenotype only among the coasts, the rest is central european look or even a NW look), i think triveneto equals NE Spain for the blue eyes

have a look (at least i think triveneto has the right percentage)
blue_eyes_map.jpg

in Triveneto you see frequently more centro european look like this:
luca-zaia9.jpg

In particular i think Friuli-Venezia-Giulia is heavily celticized (Carni); it's the most centro-european region of italy; this is based on when i went there and i saw people very different from those i usually see at least here in tuscany.

The map (bad, just like 95% of the others) is about ALL light eyes, not just blue; that means blue, green, grey and amber. Dark eyes are brown, hazel and "black". Black eyes are really saturated brown and very uncommon in Europe. BTW, green is apparently the rarest light eye color.

According to actual eye pigmentation surveys (the one by Livi for Italy and the one by Hoyos Sainz for Spain), Veneto, the most light-eyed area in Italy (41.4%), is actually a bit more light eyed than the Basque region and Navarre, the most light-eyed areas of Spain (39.2%)

Do you mean all pigmentation or just eye pigmentation? If eye pigmentation only, NE Spain is lighter eyed than Central Italy and similar to Veneto, Piedmont and Lombardia.

Light eyes. Spain, in this research, was counted as a whole, not divided in sub-regions like Italy.

Iberia has as many Atlantids (Paleo-Atlantids, Nordid-Atlantids and variations thereof) as Atlanto-Mediterraneans.

Yes, Spain has 50% of people as light as Irish. Sure! (y)

Light eyes in Spain are common. Here you have some examples, it's not hard to find :

Gerard_Pique.jpg

2008112149Ram%C3%B3nCalder%C3%B3n.jpg

attachment.php

josemariacastroceron11pv9.jpg

1223597708743_f.jpg

0_2007-7-28-20-46-30671.jpg

lluis_homar.jpg

GUTI_RUEDA_PRENSA.jpg

soraya.jpg

1672415109_0e30b82249_b.jpg

enriquemartinez.jpg

davidbarrufet01.jpg

I can post dozens of light eyed Italians and pretending that light eyes in Italy are common. They are, but pics don't tell us in which percentage they are diffuse. Maps like these posted are ridicolous as they show that some areas in Middle East are fairer than some areas in Europe.
Anyway Spaniards look pretty similar to Italians so I don't understand the reason of the dispute...

I can post dozens of light eyed Italians and pretending that light eyes in Italy are common. They are, but pics don't tell us in which percentage they are diffuse. Maps like these posted are ridicolous as they show that some areas in Middle East are fairer than some areas in Europe.
Actually light-eyes in Italy and Spain ARE common. I posted this photos because that french troll said he didn't never see a spaniards with light eyes, stop with this imaginary competition of Spain vs Italy.

Light eyes. Spain, in this research, was counted as a whole, not divided in sub-regions like Italy.

Yes, Spain has 50% of people as light as Irish. Sure! (y)

Anyway Spaniards look pretty similar to Italians so I don't understand the reason of the dispute...

What makes you think that Atlantids are all supposed to look exactly like a majority of Irish or other types from NW Europe. It's a fact that there is a significant Atlantid element in Spain and Portugal. What's the big deal about that? What's the problem? Do we have to post a few hundred group photos of Atlantid Iberians for you?

Last edited:
The British Isles have a very significant, if not majority, of germanic input. But many of them, specially Irish, could pass easily in Iberia or France. In these types of Irish , there is an undeniable similarity with Iberians.

To be honest the Spaniards depicted above look on the whole fairer in skin colour than the Italians, even some of the lighter-eyed Italians.

The map (bad, just like 95% of the others) is about ALL light eyes, not just blue; that means blue, green, grey and amber. Dark eyes are brown, hazel and "black". Black eyes are really saturated brown and very uncommon in Europe. BTW, green is apparently the rarest light eye color.

I know, it's a bit difficult to divide the eye colors, hoevere belive me NE italy is the most light eyed part of italy

I know, it's a bit difficult to divide the eye colors, hoevere belive me NE italy is the most light eyed part of italy

I agree with that. I was in the eastern part of Lombardi and I noticed more light eyes there than any other area I visited in Italy. Beautiful region, BTW.

beautiful pics of italian mediterranean people (phenotype)

Men..dark and handsome....
C_0_articolo_389110_listatakes_itemTake_0_immaginetake.jpg

pago.jpg

francesco_arca_9dba.jpg

pdvd1418mg.jpg

xx25.jpg

So big-lipped, ill-shaved swarthies like most of these men are "handsome"?:confused:

They probably take home bags of dirty washing for mamma to wash.

This thread has been viewed 259284 times.

Back