Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

and again Albanian is Boring./

E-V13 has only 1 diversity in Albania
Paternal Diversity in Greece, and younger Mutation in Bosnia,

SINCE YOU ARE A GENNETIST WHAT THAT MEANS?

Cypriots have E Hg that you would envy,

Greece has also E-V13 but more diversities than ALbanian

YOU ARE SO MANY REPEATED,
THAT IS BORING AND DOES NOT MAKE LAUGH ANYMORE<
TRY ANOTHER JOKE.
LIKE WHY ARVANITES AND ARBERESH HAVE LOWER E-V13 THAN KOSSOVO, AND WHY MOESIAN VLACHS HAVE HIGH E_V13?

Tell me
how much far is Spain where E was found and what cluster and DYS, comparing with Konya E Hg?

Want More?
How old ddo you believe is I Hg in Balkans,?

Come on boy explain to us?

Or your Generals in Albanian propaganda office do not tell you?

Come on,

Is it coincidenece that in Original Arberesh the primary Village was Maniaki? after who took that name?
was Maniaki an Albanian?

YOU GUYS ARE BORING.

you put Original Arberesh in the same position of All Albanians that migrate to Italy,

Tell us Bektashi,
Did you made a DNA Test?
or you just join the Forum to make Propaganda?

in Sesklo G2a is Found at a time aproximately 3500 BC.

what E-v13 Neolithic?
where is found in Spain?
So Albanians are Neolithic Iberians?
Cause your Logic proves that?

Now go back to Turkey to find your ancestors.
Go back to turkey really,You going tom insult albanians with the turkalbanian shit.come on man did you know the greeks of today worked for the pashas an destroyed albanians an their land,mehmet the second mother was greek enough with insult,

by how yes no 2 - only respond to that is that science shows that E-V13 came to area 4000 years before present while R1a came 11500 years before present...

1. Which scientific fact are you based on E-V13 in the Balkans came in the Balkans state between 4000 YBP?
As you can see (see references below) from recent haplogroups distribution Haplogroup E-V13 (which was already in Balkans) is 10,000 YBP and E1b (which was already in Balkans) is 42,000 YBP. So you are 10th of thousands of years behind.
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

2. Then you mentioned "R1a came to the Balkans 11,500 YBP (Correct) However, (you are WRONG) when saying R1a is more indigenous then E1b
R1a is 23,000 YBP (see reference) and E1b (already in todays Balkans) is 42,000 YBP
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1a_Y-DNA.shtml
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_haplogroups_timeline.shtml

I think good roots for tribal name are in general: religion related terms, weapons used, or some legendary ruler....

possible ruler whose name Geghs carry may be Gyges ruler of Lydia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyges_of_Lydia

I have idea that stories of Gyges may be about E-V13 taking over power of Lydia from previous I2a2 ruling caste ...as Gyges was shepard unrelated to royal bloodlines and did overthrow the previous king...that might even explain attacks of I2a2 Cimmerians on country of Gyges.... note that Gyges asked for help from Egypt and Assyrians...which may be about related E haplogroup people....

Map_of_Lydia_ancient_times.jpg

Haplogroup_I2a.gif

Haplogroup-E1b1b.jpg

this would make I2a2 proto-Serbs and E-V13 Albanian Geghs sworn enemies long time in past, and perhaps even explain why there is almost no I2a2 in Geghs while it is present in all other Balkan people...

Tosks might origin from subjugated I2a2 and J2b of Lydia, who mixed with E-V13 and accepted their language and culture.... their tribal name might be of same origin as for Etruscans/Tuscans who are known to have settled Italy from Lydia.....

movement of Tosks from Lydia to Balkan happened at unknown time, but might be related with the hole in spread of J2b in Lydia.... when they left Lydia, the vacated space was settled by people of some other haplogroups which made a hole in spread of J2b in Asia minor and hotspot of it in south Albania...

Haplogroup-J2.jpg

1: E-V13 taking over power of Lydia from previous I2a2 ruling caste? ---- based on DNA facts I2b2 didnt came before E-V13 in that region, E-V13 is 10,000 years and I2b2 is only 6,000 years...http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_haplogroups_timeline.shtml

In contrast, another major discovery relevant to the study of E-V13 origins was the announcement in Lacan et al. (2011) that a 7000 year old skeleton in a Neolithic context in a Spanish funeral cave, was an E-V13 man. (The other specimens tested from the same site were in haplogroup G2a, which has been found in Neolithic contexts throughout Europe.) Using 7 STR markers, this specimen was identified as being similar to modern individuals tested in Albania, Bosnia, Greece, Corsica, and Provence. The authors therefore proposed that, whether or not the modern distribution of E-V13 of today is a result of more recent events, E-V13 was already in Europe within the Neolithic, carried by early farmers from the Eastern Mediterranean to the Western Mediterranean, much earlier than the Bronze age.
It appeared identical at the seven markers tested to five Albanian, two Bosnian, one Greek, one Italian, one Sicilian, two Corsican, and two Provence French samples and are thus placed on the same node of the E1b1b1a1b-V13 network as eastern, central, and western Mediterranean haplotypes (Fig. S1).

Haplogroup E-V13 is the only lineage that reaches the highest frequencies out of Africa. In fact, it represents about 85% of the European E-M78 chromosomes with a clinal pattern of frequency distribution from the southern Balkan peninsula (19.6%) to western Europe (2.5%). The same haplogroup is also present at lower frequencies in Anatolia (3.8%), the Near East (2.0%), and the Caucasus (1.8%). In Africa, haplogroup E-V13 is rare, being observed only in northern Africa at a low frequency (0.9%).
Cruciani et al. (2007)

This would claim that E-V13 is not originated from Egypt nor even north Africa as the percentage of E-V13 in those regions is minimal. This also claims that E-V13 is 10,000 years way before the Egypt era. Now if we are about to go even more backwards then E-V13 is originated from E1b1b , however because E1b1b is 42,000 years it would be almost impossible to find what race or their appearance were.

I think that R1a has had the least impact on Balkans especially (south east )from Montenegro Albania Kosovo Macedonia and all way east to Greece (talking genetically), you can see from the percentages below, if it came 11,000 years ago then it should surely had a much bigger percentage in balkans. They have came there but they were not first for sure, therefore still to this day they are a minority in balkans.

And also linking R1a with Palasgians doesn't make any sense at at.
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1a_Y-DNA.shtml

Region/Haplogroup
I1
I2*/I2a
I2b
R1a
R1b
G
J2
J*/J1
E-V13
Albania
Kosovo Albanians
Albanians (Macedonia)
Greece (Peloponnese)
Greece (South)
Greece (North)
Greece (Crete)
Greece (Thrace)
Greece (ethnic Greeks)
Macedonia (ethnic Slavic)
Bulgaria
Bosniaks
Bosnian Croats
Bosnian Serbs
Croatia
Serbia

Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA?
No political discussions, please follow the rules of the forum.

Y haplogroup E1b1b (E-M35) in the modern Balkan population is dominated by its sub-clade E1b1b1a (E-M78) and specifically by the most common European sub-clade of E-M78, E-V13.[68] The area in and around Albanian speaking regions has the highest known percentages E-V13 in the world, and it is thought that the majority of E-V13 in Europe and elsewhere descend from a common ancestor who lived in the Balkans in the late Mesolithic or Neolithic, and that men of this lineage began to spread outside the Balkans as early as the Neolithic, or even as recently as the Roman era.[68][69][70][71][72][73]

In contrast, another major discovery relevant to the study of E-V13 origins was the announcement in Lacan et al. (2011) that a 7000 year old skeleton in a Neolithic context in a Spanish funeral cave, was an E-V13 man. (The other specimens tested from the same site were in haplogroup G2a, which has been found in Neolithic contexts throughout Europe.) Using 7 STR markers, this specimen was identified as being similar to modern individuals tested in Albania, Bosnia, Greece, Corsica, and Provence. The authors therefore proposed that, whether or not the modern distribution of E-V13 of today is a result of more recent events, E-V13 was already in Europe within the Neolithic, carried by early farmers from the Eastern Mediterranean to the Western Mediterranean, much earlier than the Bronze age.
It appeared identical at the seven markers tested to five Albanian, two Bosnian, one Greek, one Italian, one Sicilian, two Corsican, and two Provence French samples and are thus placed on the same node of the E1b1b1a1b-V13 network as eastern, central, and western Mediterranean haplotypes (Fig. S1).

Haplogroup E-V13 is the only lineage that reaches the highest frequencies out of Africa. In fact, it represents about 85% of the European E-M78 chromosomes with a clinal pattern of frequency distribution from the southern Balkan peninsula (19.6%) to western Europe (2.5%). The same haplogroup is also present at lower frequencies in Anatolia (3.8%), the Near East (2.0%), and the Caucasus (1.8%). In Africa, haplogroup E-V13 is rare, being observed only in northern Africa at a low frequency (0.9%).
Cruciani et al. (2007)

E-V13 is also found in scattered and small amounts in Libya (in the Jewish community) and Egypt, but this is considered most likely to be a result of migration from Europe or the Near East.[1]

This would claim that E-V13 is not originated from Egypt nor even north Africa as the percentage of E-V13 in those regions is minimal. This also claims that E-V13 is 10,000 years way before the Egypt era. Now if we are about to go even more backwards then E-V13 is originated from E1b1b , however because E1b1b is 42,000 years it would be almost impossible to find what race or their appearance are (as of now).

Autosomal DNA[edit]
Analysis of autosomal DNA, which analyses all genetic components has revealed that few genetic discontinuities exist in European populations, apart from certain outliers such as Saami, Sardinians, Basques and Kosovar Albanians. They found that Albanians, on the one hand, have a high amount of identity by descent sharing, suggesting that both Albanians from Albania and Kosovo derived from a relatively small population that expanded recently and rapidly in the last 1,500 years. On the other hand, they are not wholly isolated or endogamous, as they share a significant amount of descent with nearby Macedonian, Greek and Italian populations.[103]The recent growth is particularly evident in Kosovar Albanians, which show particularly high levels of homogeneity, in contrast to the diversity otherwise found in other Balkan populations.[104]
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1207.3815v1.pdf
Novembre J. et al. (2008) Genes mirror geography within Europe, Nature doi:10.1038/nature07331

Greek and Albanian language is 5000 years old as argued in the recent study.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ience&module=Search&mabReward=relbias:w&_r=2&

1: E-V13 taking over power of Lydia from previous I2a2 ruling caste? ---- based on DNA facts I2b2 didnt came before E-V13 in that region, E-V13 is 10,000 years and I2b2 is only 6,000 years.

As I've already told you. Who is older, doesn't prove a thing is this kind of conversation.

Got to love the Greek and Albanian calling each other turks as if it were a curse. You guys do understand that they created an empire in which both greeks and Albanians were a HUGE part of. because they have 5 percent or less mongol blood doesn't make them any less than either Albanians or Greeks. Both were under their rule for 500 years, is it possible maybe that they were smarter than both? to this day they have created an economy far better than either Greece or Albania and could probably take all that land they lost back tomorrow were it not for other superpowers. So please stop with the racist ideologies. Also, stop acting like you are not all close genetically because of your history, take a look at the western portion of Turkey, Greece then Albanians, I have been to all areas. They all look kind of similar to me

Got to love the Greek and Albanian calling each other turks as if it were a curse. You guys do understand that they created an empire in which both greeks and Albanians were a HUGE part of. because they have 5 percent or less mongol blood doesn't make them any less than either Albanians or Greeks. Both were under their rule for 500 years, is it possible maybe that they were smarter than both? to this day they have created an economy far better than either Greece or Albania and could probably take all that land they lost back tomorrow were it not for other superpowers. So please stop with the racist ideologies. Also, stop acting like you are not all close genetically because of your history, take a look at the western portion of Turkey, Greece then Albanians, I have been to all areas. They all look kind of similar to me
Well said. Welcome to Eupedia LumiBardha.

I am Albanian from montenegro
PopulationPercent
1Atlantic_Baltic54.1
2Southern26.16
3Caucasus_Gedrosia18.72
4Siberian0.73
5African0.13
6East_Asian0.1
7Amerindian0.06

Single Population Sharing:

#Population (source)Distance
1Bulgarians (Yunusbayev)3.9
2Bulgarian (Dodecad)4.12
3N_Italian (Dodecad)4.29
4North_Italian (HGDP)5.48

Primary Population (source)Secondary Population (source)Distance
1 72.1%C_Italian (Dodecad) + 27.9% Swedish (Dodecad) @ 0.58
2 51.2% Greek (Dodecad) + 48.8% French (HGDP) @ 0.61
3 90.6% N_Italian (Dodecad) + 9.4% Chechens (Yunusbayev) @ 0.63
4 78.1% Tuscan (HGDP) + 21.9% Ukranians (Yunusbayev) @ 0.63
5 91.1% N_Italian (Dodecad) + 8.9% Lezgins (Behar) @ 0.65
#

Admix Results (sorted):

#PopulationPercent
1North_Atlantic26.38
2East_Med20.75
3Baltic20.56
4West_Med18.98
5West_Asian8.25
6Red_Sea3.58
7Northeast_African0.67
8Amerindian0.61
9East_Asian0.22

Single Population Sharing:

#Population (source)Distance
1Romanian5.78
2Bulgarian6.33
3Serbian8.2
4Greek_Thessaly9.13
Primary Population (source)Secondary Population (source)Distance
1 72.6% Tuscan + 27.4% Southwest_Russian@ 1.83
2 72.9% Tuscan
+ 27.1% Ukrainian_Belgorod @ 1.84
3 57.5% Serbian + 42.5% Tuscan @ 2.05
#
The second list is euro k13, the first is world 9

In the begining , proto-Albanian speakers were living north of the Black Sea, along with proto Slavs. I beleive that at that time they were predominantly R1b L23* . Later they moved gradualy across Carpatian mountains and Beskides to the inner Balkans
, and lived side-by side with proto-Romanians for some time. Sometime in the dark age they moved and setlled in the modern-day Albania. It is very difficult to speak about any nation because it is a sum of milions of individuals

In the begining , proto-Albanian speakers were living north of the Black Sea, along with proto Slavs. I beleive that at that time they were predominantly R1b L23* . Later they moved gradualy across Carpatian mountains and Beskides to the inner Balkans
, and lived side-by side with proto-Romanians for some time. Sometime in the dark age they moved and setlled in the modern-day Albania. It is very difficult to speak about any nation because it is a sum of milions of individuals

this is the latest theory.....fleeing from southern carpathian mountain area from the migrating "slavs" into Roman lands in approx 100AD . also the same time many dacians began going south to the safety of the roman empire

Hey Serv, pass what you smoking this way, don't be stingy.

Please read my earlier posts in this thread, because Albanians have the highest % of E-V13 in the world then it is very unlikely that they have come from north of Black Sea.
If you read more about E-V13 then you will have a better understanding.
On the other side even if lets say the Albanians were predominantly R1b, then its clearly not the dark age they came there....R1b passed by and settled in south east Balkans in small number i believe at least 5,000 years ago, earlier than western Europe which it is believed it went there 4,000 ago and found their home there.

Please read my earlier posts in this thread, because Albanians have the highest % of E-V13 in the world then it is very unlikely that they have come from north of Black Sea.
If you read more about E-V13 then you will have a better understanding.
On the other side even if lets say the Albanians were predominantly R1b, then its clearly not the dark age they came there....R1b passed by and settled in south east Balkans in small number i believe at least 5,000 years ago, earlier than western Europe which it is believed it went there 4,000 ago and found their home there.

If you would guess, which people do you believe are the primary ancestors of the Albanians. Austrian linguists indicated that the albanians might not be illyrian, but that albanians have been roughly in the same area for atleast 3000 years.

Your mother is serv, nobody asked you anything
Wrong! According to your ethnicity you have listed, your mom and pops are both Servs. No one asked you about your retarded Serv opinion either, so keep it to yourself.

Albanians have already incorporated a large body of autochthonous populations like Macedonians, Aromanians, etc. into their nation. It is hard to distinguish now what part of current Albanian population would be originally Albanian, and what part Albanized. The best bet would be to focus the research in the parts of Albanian vocabulary that has no proven ancestry in surrounding languages.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 693596 times.

Back