Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

Wrong.

As Alexander Stipcevic, a great historian of illyrians from Croatia, said that Taulants are related to albanian word Dallendyshe (swallow), and Helidon in ancient greek means (swallow), it is clear that Helidones is Exonim, translation of Taulant into hellenic language.

There is no such thing as greek in illyrian lands.

Even there are exonims of Latins, for example, Pirustae- Dardans, Triballi-tricornensi etc.

We must open our eyes, the history is not game, to play with it.

Taulanti are on map much more south than Chelidoni, so it is not likely same tribe...

but there is other thing - the name of the tribe ends on -don which indicates potentially Celtic people... now Serdi are also Celtic so it makes sense that they travelled together with Chelidoni... and Caladuni in Iberia are I think Celtic as well...and Scots gaelic self name Albanah reminds on Albanoi tribe that were as I remember also Celtic till recently wikipedia made them illyrian...
so guess it was very fasionable to be Celtic....

According to the Library and Epitome of Apollodorus, Illyrius was the youngest son of Cadmus and Harmonia who eventually ruled Illyria and became the eponymous ancestor of the whole Illyrian people.[1] Illyrius was specifically born during an expedition against the Illyrians on the side of the Encheleans.[2]
[edit]Polyphemus and Galatea
According to the Illyrian Wars of Appian, Illyrius was the son of the Cyclops Polyphemus and his wife Galatea with siblings Celtus and Galas. The children of Polyphemus all migrated from Sicily and ruled over the peoples named after them, the Celts, the Illyrians, and the Galatians.[3] This particular genealogy was most likely composed by the ancient Greek founders of Epidamnus (Corinthians and Corcyrans) and preserved in Appian's work.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyrius

Galatians is same as Celts
so Illyrians might have been Celtic people as well...

Progeny

Illyrius had six sons and three daughters whose names were associated with specific tribes:[5]
Sons
Encheleus (Εγχελέα) of the Enchelaeae
Autarieus (Αυταριέα) of the Autariates
Dardanus (Δάρδανον) of the Dardani
Maedus (Μαίδον)
Taulas (Ταυλαντά) of the Taulantii
Perrhaebus (Περραιβόν) of the Perrhaebi
[edit]Daughters
Partho (Πάρθω) of the Partheni
Daortho (Δαορθώ) of the Daors
Dassaro (Δασσαρώ) of the Dassaretae
[edit]Grandsons
Pannonius or Paeon (son of Autarieus) of the Pannonians
[edit]Greatgrandsons
Scordiscus (son of Pannonius) of the Scordisci
Triballus (son of Pannonius) of the Triballi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyrius

now, Pannonians I relate to early spread of I2 in Illyria...as they are the people who settled Illyria after it was depopulated by Dacians...

Triballi are name used by some Byznatine authors for Serbs
Scordisci and Serdi are same people just Celtic and Thracian version of tribal name.... now link with Iberia suggests..

btw. looking at map Illyrian Scirtari tribe may be the origin of self-designation of Albanians (Shqiptari)

Taulanti are on map much more south than Chelidoni, so it is not likely same tribe...
In fact, Chelidoni were a branch of Taulanti. But until their name have the same meaning, they are the same tribe.

Chelidoni is a greek name for Taulanti.

now, Pannonians I relate to early spread of I2 in Illyria...as they are the people who settled Illyria after it was depopulated by Dacians...
For me, Panonians are a branch of Big Pelasgic population like Illyrians.

Or like Apiani said:

[§6] These peoples, and also the Pannonians, the Rhaetians, the Noricans, the Mysians of Europe, and the other neighboring tribes who inhabited the right bank of the Danube, the Romans distinguished from one another just as the various Greek peoples are distinguished from each other, and they call each by its own name, but they consider the whole of Illyria as embraced under a common designation.
Whence this idea took its start I have not been able to find out, but it continues to this day, for they farm the tax of all the nations from the source of the Danube to the Euxine Sea under one head, and call it the Illyrian tax. Why the Romans subjugated them, and what were the real causes or pretexts of the wars, I acknowledged, when writing of Crete, that I had not discovered, and I exhorted those who were able to tell more, to do so. I shall write down only what I know.

And no my friend, Illyrians were not Celtic, but Celts were an illyrian tribe.

Tosks would on map of Illyrian tribes perhaps be Uscana as e.g. what was Etruria is now Tuscany...
Uscana is in area next to west FYRM, which explains large R1a in Albanians of FYRM who never mixed with Slavic settlers....
R1a and J2 is what connects Uscana (Tosk?) Illyrians with ancient Macedonians...

It does make some sense that Uscana's people (most likely Penestians) shared some links with the Macedonians. This has bothered to me for a long time but I couldn't find any fact to back my suspects on that matter. Can you better elaborate to me (because I'm amateur in Genetics) why do you think Uscana's people had the same Genetic markers with the Macedonians. You already mentioned R1a and J2 that possibly match them with the Macedonians. I've a couple of question: Is it proved that ancient Macedones have had these Genetic markers (R1a and J2)? Is any proof else to confirm that these genetic markers are found in any other Illyrian region (except Uscana)?

Thnx

P.S: I hope not to bore you with my frequently questions because as I said I am still 'pupil' in that field...and I'd like to learn more.

Tosks might origin from subjugated I2a2 and J2b of Lydia, who mixed with E-V13 and accepted their language and culture.... their tribal name might be of same origin as for Etruscans/Tuscans who are known to have settled Italy from Lydia.....

There is not a connection between Toskë and Tuscans.

The names Tuscany, Tuscans, Etruscans derive form Latin word tuscus, (probably from TURS, cfr Greek Tyrsēnoi/Tyrrēnoi). Tuscus is not an Etruscan word, and Etruscans called themselves Rasenna, not Tusci.

The name Tosk, (Albanian toskë), was borrowed from Venetian tosko or tosco that probably means "rough, crude", literally "tuscan". "Tosco" in Old Tuscan dialect means "poison", "poisonous" (Cfr. Dante, Non pomi v' eran, ma stecchi con tosco. Dante Inf XIII). Venetian and Tuscan both derive from Vulgar Latin.

As we know, Venetian Albania was the possessions of the Venetian Republic from 1420 to 1797 in northern Albania and Montenegro. Albanian language has many borrowings from Venetian. Never forget that Albanian language has borrowed so many words during the course of its history from Latin, Greek, Turkish, Italian (Tuscan), Venetian... Even from English.

"Albanian has borrowed more words than any other European language."

Source: Arion Kulla, The Albanian Linguistic Journey from Ancient Illyricum to EU, 2010, Linköping University Electronic Press, Sweden.

in fact taulanti is area of tiranacause we know it was next to epidamnus (durres) and Apollonia,,
enceleians are next to lake ohrid,

tosk is a slavic word or thracian
in Greece we find the name tositsas - toskas - tokas among thracians of north East, and is connected with armani and Phanariotes (Greek -romanians from moldo-wallachia)
in fact a minister was name Averov - Tositsas and was Greek from Moldo-wallachia
Tokas is a common name to exchanged populations among Bulgaria and Greece at 1920-30
comes from tuk - tak here
in fact tosk and tok means local

Last edited:
There is not a connection between Toskë and Tuscans.
The names Tuscany, Tuscans, Etruscans derive form Latin word tuscus, (probably from TURS, cfr Greek Tyrsēnoi/Tyrrēnoi). Tuscus is not an Etruscan word, and Etruscans called themselves Rasenna, not Tusci.
The name Tosk, (Albanian toskë), was borrowed from Venetian tosko or tosco that probably means "rough, crude", literally "tuscan". "Tosco" in Old Tuscan dialect means "poison", "poisonous" (Cfr. Dante, Non pomi v' eran, ma stecchi con tosco. Dante Inf XIII). Venetian and Tuscan both derive from Vulgar Latin.
As we know, Venetian Albania was the possessions of the Venetian Republic from 1420 to 1797 in northern Albania and Montenegro. Albanian language has many borrowings from Venetian. Never forget that Albanian language has borrowed so many words during the course of its history from Latin, Greek, Turkish, Italian (Tuscan), Venetian... Even from English.
"Albanian has borrowed more words than any other European language."
Source: Arion Kulla, The Albanian Linguistic Journey from Ancient Illyricum to EU, 2010, Linköping University Electronic Press, Sweden.
hm, good point...

In regards to this link

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2010/03/y-chromosomes-of-albanian-populations.html

It says there are 4 groups of Albanians, the Gabel, Gheg, Jveg and Tosk. Since reading many links on these people , I came to the conclusion that they are part Epirote and part Molossian. The DNA from Ferri's tests indicate
E* = 0.28
E1b1b1 = 30.28
G = 1.67
H1 = 12.78
I* = 13.61
J1* = 1.39
J2* = 18.89
K* = 1.67
R1* = 19.44

It seems, they do not have much "illyrian" I haplotype , but more northern Greek, Pelagasian and Levant hapolgroup readings.

@ Maciano , where did you get your Albanian tests from.?

I1 and I2b in Albania is from Normans and Saxon miners . I2a2 is Serbian and Croatian Sarmathian haplogroup ( North of Liesus was in Dioklitia , and during Dusan empire Serbs were settled there , there are some sources that claim Serbs use to hold up to Fier in south Albania during VIII and VIII century ) . R1a is mainly Illyrian , and maybe very little of it Slavic . R1b is Thracean . J2 is Thracean to , some of it could be Avaric - Avaric state in Northeast Albania in VII century . E is Illyrian ( it is main Illyrian haplogroup , and Albanians are mostly descendants of Illyrians ) , some of E could also be from Greeks . T , G and Q are minor haplogroups spreaded all over Meditteranea .

I1 and I2b in Albania is from Normans and Saxon miners . I2a2 is Serbian and Croatian Sarmathian haplogroup ( North of Liesus was in Dioklitia , and during Dusan empire Serbs were settled there , there are some sources that claim Serbs use to hold up to Fier in south Albania during VIII and VIII century ) . R1a is mainly Illyrian , and maybe very little of it Slavic . R1b is Thracean . J2 is Thracean to , some of it could be Avaric - Avaric state in Northeast Albania in VII century . E is Illyrian ( it is main Illyrian haplogroup , and Albanians are mostly descendants of Illyrians ) , some of E could also be from Greeks . T , G and Q are minor haplogroups spreaded all over Meditteranea .

ancient documentation states no albanians anywhere, but albanian lands where settled by Epirote and Molossians, since I initially thought Pindo was a town in thessally ( home of the molossian/albanians. I found Pinto meant Pintus mountains, a region in northern greece.

Finding that the 4 "tribes" of the albanians , Gabel, Gheg, Jveg and Tosk have different haplotypes as provided in the link, would seem to indicate that albanians where a mixed race

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ish7688voT0/S6ZYexugWoI/AAAAAAAACVA/1I9HXeBDFQY/s1600-h/albanians.png

It would be interesting to map where these 4 tribes are situated in albanian lands

Is the frequency of Y-dna H1 high in Albanians?

That's really odd, if true.

This haplogroup is also very high in balkan gypsies as well as south asian populations.

Edit:

Apparently the tribes, per the link provided above, to albanian H1 are primarily gypsy tribes in Albania. Apparently a lot of people in Albania are gypsies. So, i'm not sure whether or not the albanians consider them albanian or gypsies.

Is H1 from Gypsies?

Is the frequency of Y-dna H1 high in Albanians?

That's really odd, if true.

This haplogroup is also very high in balkan gypsies as well as south asian populations.

Edit:

Apparently the tribes, per the link provided above, to albanian H1 are primarily gypsy tribes in Albania. Apparently a lot of people in Albania are gypsies. So, i'm not sure whether or not the albanians consider them albanian or gypsies.

articles below confirms what you say

http://my.opera.com/ancientmacedonia/blog/show.dml/9193511.

Since the Gabels where the Gypies and they only arrived in the 14th century, then this leaves the Tosks in the south, basically, epirote and Molossian lands from ancient times

ancient documentation states no albanians anywhere, but albanian lands where settled by Epirote and Molossians, since I initially thought Pindo was a town in thessally ( home of the molossian/albanians. I found Pinto meant Pintus mountains, a region in northern greece.

Finding that the 4 "tribes" of the albanians , Gabel, Gheg, Jveg and Tosk have different haplotypes as provided in the link, would seem to indicate that albanians where a mixed race

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ish7688voT0/S6ZYexugWoI/AAAAAAAACVA/1I9HXeBDFQY/s1600-h/albanians.png

It would be interesting to map where these 4 tribes are situated in albanian lands
Yes but there was ancient Illyrian town in southern Albania( in that time Epirus Nova ) called Albanopolis and illyrian tribe Albanoi in which aeria it was .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanopolis
Hier is map of Gheg and Toska dialects of Albanian languague - border betwen them is on river Shkumba in central Albania.

Dialects_of_the_Albanian_Language.jpg

Yes there is many Roma ( Gypsies ) in all Balkan lands , they comed with Turks in XIV century . But there is no H1 in real Albanians - Roma / Gabels are separate nation

Actually there's 2.5% H1 in Tosk and .6% H1 in Gheg, which are the non gypsy Albanian populations. Which does show some breeding took place between Albanians and gypsies, albeit, very little. One should not assume there is no gene flow from gypsies to Albanians, when the evidence indicates there is some.

Actually there's 2.5% H1 in Tosk and .6% H1 in Gheg, which are the non gypsy Albanian populations. Which does show some breeding took place between Albanians and gypsies, albeit, very little. One should not assume there is no gene flow from gypsies to Albanians, when the evidence indicates there is some.

?
Its says 12.78% of all albanians is H1 or am I reading it wrong?
Unless you count roma albanian citizens as not being Albanians

The Gabels belong to the Roma minority, who first arrived to Albania around the 14th century AD
from present Bulgaria

Balkan Egyptians (Jevgs in Albanian) are a minority seeing themselves as quite distinct from the Roma
community. They are widely dispersed in the Balkan area and claim an Egyptian origin

The 12.78 % of H1 of Albania
would be 0.45% of non gypsie albanians
3.6% of Jevgs albanians non gypsie
9.1% of roma gypsie

So, in Maciano DNA per country, he needs to place H1 ( unless he excludes this ) for Albania not counting Roam gypsies at about 4 %

There was some gene flow but maybe in new times - in old times that was strictly forbiden in all Balkans - for native girl to be with Roma man - family would probably killed her , and for native mans to marry roma girls - not to make them childs , that was more common . Name for Roma in Balkans is Cigani , and that is derived from Greek word Atziganoi - untouchable. They acctualy lived nomadicaly up to begining of XX century . Maybe Enver Hoja ( president of Alabania in second half of XX century ) , contributed to mixing , when he forbiden any other nation , name or languague except Albanian , during this proces lot of Serbs were albanized to

?
Its says 12.78% of all albanians is H1 or am I reading it wrong?
Unless you count roma albanian citizens as not being Albanians

The Gabels belong to the Roma minority, who first arrived to Albania around the 14th century AD
from present Bulgaria

Balkan Egyptians (Jevgs in Albanian) are a minority seeing themselves as quite distinct from the Roma
community. They are widely dispersed in the Balkan area and claim an Egyptian origin

The 12.78 % of H1 of Albania
would be 0.45% of non gypsie albanians
3.6% of Jevgs albanians non gypsie
9.1% of roma gypsie

So, in Maciano DNA per country, he needs to place H1 ( unless he excludes this ) for Albania not counting Roam gypsies at about 4 %
Jevgs and Gabel are not Albanians they are separate nations , with different origins
I found this research :

Y-STR variation in Albanian populations: implications on the match probabilities and the genetic legacy of the minority claiming
Gianmarco Ferri1 Contact Information, Sergio Tofanelli2, Milena Alu1, Luca Taglioli2, Erjon Radheshi1, Beatrice Corradini1, Giorgio Paoli2, Cristian Capelli3 and Giovanni Beduschi1
(1) Section of Legal Medicine, Department of Diagnostic and Laboratory Services and Legal Medicine, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
(2) Department of Biology, Anthropology Unit, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
(3) Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
ukratko.....
Materials and methods
Subjects
DNA of 360 unrelated healthy Albanian males, of which
165 were Ghegs (north Albania), 121 Tosks (south
Albania), 33 Jevgs (alleged Balkan Egyptians) and 41
Gabels (Roma of Albania), was purified from blood and
saliva samples using either the Chelex method [15] or the
QIAGEN micro Kit (Qiagen, Chatsworth, CA) according to
the manufacturer's instructions.
All the participants gave their informed consent, provided
detailed information on their geographical origin, and had
two generations of unrelated paternal ancestry in their region
of birth.
Results
Y-SNP variation
The binary profile (Fig. 2a–c ) mirrored the dual structure
(Ghegs/Tosks vs Gabels/Jevgs) observed at Y-STR variation.
Haplogroup H1-M52, which is strongly associated
with European Roma tribes and to an Indian proto-gypsy
ancestry [26, 29, 47], was found at very low frequency in
the major Albanian groups (0.6–2.5%) but was by far the
dominant haplogroup in the Gabels (68.3%) and the Jevgs
(42.4%). Conversely, haplogroups I-M170 and E1b1b1-
M35, which are common lineages in Balkan populations
[48, 49], summed up to over the 50% of binary variability
in the Ghegs and the Tosks but were less common in the
Jevgs (24.2%) and even rarer in the Gabels (4.9%).
Haplogroups J2-M172 and R1-M173 were observed at
substantial frequencies in all the four Albanian groups. It
has been suggested that J2 chromosomes were acquired by
the proto-gypsy founder population through a Turkish–
Aegean route and that R1 chromosomes entered in the
Roma gene pool by admixture with local European
populations [29]. For J2 and R1 lineages, no matching or
neighbour haplotypes with Egyptian chromosomes were
found in the YHRD (release 30, 23,979 Powerplex
haplotypes from 221 populations worldwide) and in a
manually edited archive of published and unpublished data
(17,351 Powerplex haplotypes from 136 Eurasian populations).
Chromosomes bearing mutations G-201, K-M9 and
J1-M267 were observed only in the Gheg/Tosk pair at
frequencies as low (4.2 in the Ghegs, 8.3 in the Tosks) as in
the rest of the Balkan area [30, 50].
The dissection of the main haplogroups into networks of
12-locus haplotypes is given in Fig. 2a–c. The network of
H-M69 haplotypes is in accordance with mode (strong
founder effect) and times (800–1,100 yBP) [51, 52] at the
origin of proto-gypsy migration from Asia to Europe and
points to a deep common ancestry for Gabel and Jevg
variation (rho-based TMRCA=1,110±582 yBP).
The network of I-M170 haplotypes is structured into
at least three sub-clades that we inferred to correspond
to I1-M253 (A branch), I2a-P37 (B branch) and I2b-
M223 (C branch) chromosomes [48] on the basis of
SNP-typed haplotypes (data not shown). Gheg and Tosk
haplotypes are closely associated with Balkan chromosomes
in all the three sub-clades, whereas Jevg chromosomes
appeared to be much more linked to Balkan than to
Albanian chromosomes on the B branch only. The latter
feature suggests that the flow of I chromosomes to the
Jevg Y pool might not have been mediated by the Ghegs
or the Tosks and most likely is to be traced back to an
early phase of permanence of Roma tribes in the Balkan
area.
The absence of close links between Jevg and North
African haplotypes in the network of E1b1b1-M35 chromosomes
makes unlikely a recent common ancestry in
Egypt. However, Y chromosomes with up to two mutational
differences at 12 STR haplotypes can be considered
compatible with putative Egyptian ancestors. Following
this, we searched haplotypes differing 0–2 mutational steps
from Jevg E chromosomes on databases. Three out of five
haplotypes fully matched with a total of 76 chromosomes
of Albanian (31.6%), Balkan (30.3%), Central European
(28.9%), Italian (1.3%) but also North African (5.3%)
origin. Whether the African matches (two haplotypes from
Sohag, Egypt; one haplotype from El Minia, Egypt; two
haplotypes from Sfax, Tunisia) are identical by descent to
Jevg chromosomes or they are the effect of convergence, a
phenomenon commonly observed among haplotypes belonging
to E-M35 subgroups [36] could be checked only by
typing a larger set of population samples for M35
downstream mutations.

Jevgs and Gabel are not Albanians they are separate nations , with different origins
I found this research :

Y-STR variation in Albanian populations: implications on the match probabilities and the genetic legacy of the minority claiming
Gianmarco Ferri1 Contact Information, Sergio Tofanelli2, Milena Alu1, Luca Taglioli2, Erjon Radheshi1, Beatrice Corradini1, Giorgio Paoli2, Cristian Capelli3 and Giovanni Beduschi1
(1) Section of Legal Medicine, Department of Diagnostic and Laboratory Services and Legal Medicine, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
(2) Department of Biology, Anthropology Unit, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
(3) Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
ukratko.....
Materials and methods
Subjects
DNA of 360 unrelated healthy Albanian males, of which
165 were Ghegs (north Albania), 121 Tosks (south
Albania), 33 Jevgs (alleged Balkan Egyptians) and 41
Gabels (Roma of Albania), was purified from blood and
saliva samples using either the Chelex method [15] or the
QIAGEN micro Kit (Qiagen, Chatsworth, CA) according to
the manufacturer's instructions.
All the participants gave their informed consent, provided
detailed information on their geographical origin, and had
two generations of unrelated paternal ancestry in their region
of birth.
Results
Y-SNP variation
The binary profile (Fig. 2a–c ) mirrored the dual structure
(Ghegs/Tosks vs Gabels/Jevgs) observed at Y-STR variation.
Haplogroup H1-M52, which is strongly associated
with European Roma tribes and to an Indian proto-gypsy
ancestry [26, 29, 47], was found at very low frequency in
the major Albanian groups (0.6–2.5%) but was by far the
dominant haplogroup in the Gabels (68.3%) and the Jevgs
(42.4%). Conversely, haplogroups I-M170 and E1b1b1-
M35, which are common lineages in Balkan populations
[48, 49], summed up to over the 50% of binary variability
in the Ghegs and the Tosks but were less common in the
Jevgs (24.2%) and even rarer in the Gabels (4.9%).
Haplogroups J2-M172 and R1-M173 were observed at
substantial frequencies in all the four Albanian groups. It
has been suggested that J2 chromosomes were acquired by
the proto-gypsy founder population through a Turkish–
Aegean route and that R1 chromosomes entered in the
Roma gene pool by admixture with local European
populations [29]. For J2 and R1 lineages, no matching or
neighbour haplotypes with Egyptian chromosomes were
found in the YHRD (release 30, 23,979 Powerplex
haplotypes from 221 populations worldwide) and in a
manually edited archive of published and unpublished data
(17,351 Powerplex haplotypes from 136 Eurasian populations).
Chromosomes bearing mutations G-201, K-M9 and
J1-M267 were observed only in the Gheg/Tosk pair at
frequencies as low (4.2 in the Ghegs, 8.3 in the Tosks) as in
the rest of the Balkan area [30, 50].
The dissection of the main haplogroups into networks of
12-locus haplotypes is given in Fig. 2a–c. The network of
H-M69 haplotypes is in accordance with mode (strong
founder effect) and times (800–1,100 yBP) [51, 52] at the
origin of proto-gypsy migration from Asia to Europe and
points to a deep common ancestry for Gabel and Jevg
variation (rho-based TMRCA=1,110±582 yBP).
The network of I-M170 haplotypes is structured into
at least three sub-clades that we inferred to correspond
to I1-M253 (A branch), I2a-P37 (B branch) and I2b-
M223 (C branch) chromosomes [48] on the basis of
SNP-typed haplotypes (data not shown). Gheg and Tosk
haplotypes are closely associated with Balkan chromosomes
in all the three sub-clades, whereas Jevg chromosomes
appeared to be much more linked to Balkan than to
Albanian chromosomes on the B branch only. The latter
feature suggests that the flow of I chromosomes to the
Jevg Y pool might not have been mediated by the Ghegs
or the Tosks and most likely is to be traced back to an
early phase of permanence of Roma tribes in the Balkan
area.
The absence of close links between Jevg and North
African haplotypes in the network of E1b1b1-M35 chromosomes
makes unlikely a recent common ancestry in
Egypt. However, Y chromosomes with up to two mutational
differences at 12 STR haplotypes can be considered
compatible with putative Egyptian ancestors. Following
this, we searched haplotypes differing 0–2 mutational steps
from Jevg E chromosomes on databases. Three out of five
haplotypes fully matched with a total of 76 chromosomes
of Albanian (31.6%), Balkan (30.3%), Central European
(28.9%), Italian (1.3%) but also North African (5.3%)
origin. Whether the African matches (two haplotypes from
Sohag, Egypt; one haplotype from El Minia, Egypt; two
haplotypes from Sfax, Tunisia) are identical by descent to
Jevg chromosomes or they are the effect of convergence, a
phenomenon commonly observed among haplotypes belonging
to E-M35 subgroups [36] could be checked only by
typing a larger set of population samples for M35
downstream mutations.

what are you saying?
I gave you this link from ferri

besides at least 4% of Albanians must be H1 ( excluding the Roma) according to Ferri

This thread has been viewed 693640 times.

Back