Non-African populations inherited substantial X-chromosome segments from Neanderthal

Carlitos, do you have a picture of a real Neanderthal woman to prove your point, that they were ugly?
We all know that among people there are ugly woman too, and even they have kids.

tastes are different!

meet Wilma :)

080917-neanderthal-photo_big.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/09/080917-neanderthal-photo.html

the findings had suggested that at least some Neanderthals would have had red hair, pale skin, and possibly freckles.

Carlitos, do you have a picture of a real Neanderthal woman to prove your point, that they were ugly?
We all know that among people there are ugly woman too, and even they have kids.

Ugly is not my adjective to the vision of Neardhental may have, before use, rustic, strange, powerful and many others, perhaps they were beautiful, all created beings can be beautiful, is a subjective topic.

ndr3.jpg
067D5CA-SOC-P1_1.jpg

I do not want to offend the memory of Neardhental, I produce a great pity and I feel deeply sorry for them, now extinct.

carmen%20de%20mairena.jpg

You may even be true that a specimen of Neardhental between us.

Then it makes more sense that Greece seems to have the same coloring as Western Europe while it has similar Y-DNA with Albania and Serbia, who have the lowest Neanderthal admixture according to the map.

Ancient Greece did a lot of colonizing around the Mediterranean including southern France

Oh boy, wait unill I show this to my Step-Dad since he is a Quarter Chinook anyway how much of the b006 marker was contracted to Western Europe? :)

I have some doubts about the validity of thoses neanderthal-not-neanderthal DNA, to begin: I 'd tempted to say: "wait and sea" -
well:
- a true genuine admixture in Europe and Eurasia could have taken place in very old time but also about the 40000/-35000 BC
- common DNA shared by Neanderthal and "modern" Man (sapiens sapiens for some of them..., half sapiens for others), on X or any chromosom, don't prove any admixture at all and can show us but a very ancient shared common origin: here lays the very problem, I believe (I'm not a genetician) - but when I read (sometimes) the serie of papers one ofthem contradicting an other...

as you can see on the few pictures posted here, the reconstitution of fleshy parts of body and face of ancient skeletons is BY NO WAY A SCIENTIFIC ONE because there is no way to be.
among the least reliable reconstruction you find the nose fleshy form and length, the eyelids, the lips, and the head hair implantation... NO COMPLETE SCIENCE BUT A CROSSING OF SCIENCE AND ESTHETIC ART: or just "TV Science"

I have a relative tested recently with 23andme, and is J2a4 (ydna) , he has also stated as having 3.2% Neanderthal , 91st% percentile. He noted to me that 3.3% is maximum for 23andme and their average is 2.7%.
Lastly he also stated that if you are 100% European ( i presume from a Doug test ) like me. I can carry both neanderthal and denivosan markers while lower percentages cannot have both.

My questions are:
1 - does this neanderthal % over the average ( above) indicate a very very old entry into Europe or mideast by ones relatives of the past?

2 - Is it true that a person would have No african mixture if you have a denivosan mark, but instead of an african mixture you would have an asian one?

It seems possible that I and J are a branch of a separate hominid lineage, perhaps a separate neanderthal lineage that doesn't have a B0006 marker. Since, what we see is that where E1b1b, I, and J, exist, there's very little B0006 marking.

Per Maciamo's analysis, what is evident is that microsattelite frequency is not giving us a descriptive frequency of neanderthal admixture since the sattelites are functioning as a measure of collectively different populations. This is also a problem i pointed out with respect to y-halogroup frequency and varience in attemtping to locate a focal point of a haplogroup's origin. It won't be accurate until a high percentage of the population is tested, and the microsattelites become more representative of geography.

It's also unusual that native americans have such a high neanderthal admixture and east asians have zero. We assume natives are of east asian origin?

I'm also skeptical that B0006 measures neanderthal admixture at all. The focal point of west india is odd.
Very interesting (the I-J part), I think this needs to be explored. My dad's 23 and Me results have him at either 2.7% or 2.8% Neanderthal-- I forget which exactly-- and he is hg. I1. His percentage is average (for non-African population anyway), but your I-J branch suggestion is an area that needs further study.

Last edited:

I had a read, but do not know what you are pointing out.!
The map is interesting as it has a path to the alps as per 23andme conversation to my relative.
For me , the map reflects the low level land mass merging italy and ancient illyria as I have read many times.

I might have to do a 23andme test or a natgeno 2.0 which I have been told covers both N and D percentages

Very interesting (the I-J part), I think this needs to be explored. My dad's 23 and Me results have him at either 2.7% or 2.8% Neanderthal-- I forget which exactly-- and he is hg. I1. His percentage is average (for non-African population anyway), but your I-J branch suggestion is an area that needs further study.

If IJ represent a separate hominid lineage, then F must represent some very archaic hominid, and A and B must be, what, australopithecus? So K then is the only homo sapiens branch? Yeah, that makes sense.

On a separate note, you can plug many of those rs SNPs into your 23andme data and get some values. I was able to exclude all haplotypes but B001. Does anyone know of any good X-chromosome analysis tools?

Neanerthal admixture in Non african Human populations.

Interesting study. So this is just about the amount of Neanderthal Mitochondrial dna in human populations? Is the overall admixture in humans of Neanderthal still thought to be 1-4% or are they claiming that there is now a higher percentage in humans? Also I don't quite understand why native americans from the west close have such a high proportion. Could it be that Non African populations share similar genes to Neanderthal because maybe Neanderthal also descended from a much older east African population that still partially remained in non sub-Saharan African populations, that sub Saharan Africans don't descend from. Or am I totally wrong on this one?

This thread has been viewed 63551 times.

Back