julia90

Passione Mediterranea
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Tuscan-Italian-(European)
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b
What's your favourite Romance Language?

NB: IF YOUR MOTHERTONGUE IS A ROMANCE LANGUAGE DON'T VOTE FOR YOUR OWN MOTHERTONGUE, YOU HAVE TO VOTE FOR ANOTHER ROMANCE LANGUAGE

Give me your answer based on your preferences (being them: the sound, the culture the language express, it's literature, it's music, the thing it convey...etc...)

This map could help you

Romance_20c_en.png

so, what's your favourite romance language?

"Ladin" and "judeo-spanish" are two names for the same language. I don't get why that map showed them as different languages.

Greetings.

number 13 Ladin is reto-romansh (spoken in northern italy and switzerland), it's not the same thing as ladino=judeo-spanish.
it's an omonim.

the great part of spanish versions of latin america. specially colombia/venezuela/peru or central america.

i like cuban people, but i do not like their spanish very much.

spanish from spain is the worst. sounds ugly, vulgar and harsh

the great part of spanish versions of latin america. specially colombia/venezuela/peru or central america.

i like cuban people, but i do not like their spanish very much.

spanish from spain is the worst. sounds ugly, vulgar and harsh

Please, was the picture of his avatar in the carnivals of Rio de Janeiro?

Appart from my mother tongue, which is a Romance one I would say Mozarabic. Too bad it is a dead language now.

i would say latin which is the most logical with the reflexive genetive i think it is called, with e.g. suam

Sardinian is my choice, mainly for the possible paleosardinian substrate it contains. If you have never heard of this heres a link.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleo-Sardinian_language

Occitan & Catalan are pretty cool languages, especially the sound of it.
Gallo-Italic langs. and Rhaeto-Romanic langs. on the other side are very hard to listen to, the Germans call it KauderWelsch because it literally sounds like a mumbling thats very suspicious.

This map could help you

Romance_20c_en.png

What I would most like to know about the posted map: Romance languages in Europe, is why the: languages d'oil HAVEN'T been split up into Parisian French, Walloon, Picard, Belgium French, Champenoise and Lorrain and so forth, like how the Langues d'oc have been split into sundry hued Occitan, Gascon, Arpitan and Catalan-Valecencian?

Seems like the crafty craftsmen behind this sneaky map want to make folks believe the only Romance language in Belgium is standard French! Either this or they are some tinpot outfit who are downright utterly unfit to have anything to do with linguistics.

Probably French.

Italian and Portuguese, Portuguese sounds like a Neapolitan dialect though, slightly barbaric but very interesting in my opinion, I speak English French and italian but I personally dislike French.

This thread has been viewed 62881 times.

Back