Which Of The Worlds Countries Have Never Been Conquered By Another Nation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you laughing at? Are you trying to say the Muslims had a greater impact than Germanics on the Iberian gene pool? If that's what you think then prove it. Otherwise keep quite.

Carthaginians and Phoenicians weren't exactly the same. And as you yourself say, they did not manage to conquer the whole Peninsula either.

As far as I can remember, the Visigoths never fully managed to conquer all of Iberia:

visigoth_kingdom.jpg

They always had trouble trying to conquer & control the Cantabrians, Asturians, the Suebians (occupying NW Portugal & Spain), Basques and the Byzantines (who held territories in the south of the Peninsula.)

Another Germanic tribe, the Suevi, did occupy / conquer a large part of the far west and areas in the north.

Actually, spaniards conquered more than Mexico, they conquered "New Spain"...

And right after you finally gained your independence, the "gringos" conquered like 2/3 of your newborn country.

Warm regards.

Mexico, 1500...

map.gif

Mexico 2011...

mexico-country-600x450.gif

Tenochtitlan 1500...

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/aztecs/aztecs21.gif

Tenochtitlan 2011...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdtQZGR8QQY

I think it could have been worst... :unsure:

+++++++++++++++++++++

What was left to Spain after 500 years of History?

They ended where they began...

Mexico, 1500...

map.gif

Mexico 2011...

mexico-country-600x450.gif

Tenochtitlan 1500...

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/aztecs/aztecs21.gif

Tenochtitlan 2011...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdtQZGR8QQY

I think it could have been worst... :unsure:

+++++++++++++++++++++

What was left to Spain after 500 years of History?

They ended where they began...

Aztec "empire" = Mexico???

Well, you almost have now the same amount of violence and bestiality than back then, but the Aztec empire was founded by the aztecs, Mexico (and New Spain) were founded by spaniards and descendents of spaniards. They are different things. In fact, the current leadership class of Mexico is basically composed by mexicans of spanish descendence, while the poor and the middle-class are predominantly amerindian in different degrees of mixing.

On the other hand, Spain is not being ruled by the descendents of the arabs who invaded Iberia in 711.

Regards.

Just out of interest, are there any Aztec features that can be observed in today's Mexican society? I don't mean things like arts, food, music etc... but philosophy of governance, economy or social structures? I'm really curious to know!

Aztec "empire" = Mexico???

Well, you almost have now the same amount of violence and bestiality than back then,

It is like saying that we have the "aztec violence genes", ain't it? :unsure: Like some indians here are "on the loose", away from the "civilized tradition" that some Spaniards could have left...

However, inside here it looks to me the other way around: Are the Northern States, the more apart from the ancient indian traditions the ones that are more violent... precisely, because they lack some profound philosophical, social and cultural structure.

Likewise: Have you seen the video of Mexico City (= Tenochtitlan?). This is the "violent, leftist-controlled, anti-american hellhole" of Mexico, in USA media in the last decade.

Were not for the violence in the north have been lately too undeniable, Northern Mexico and specially the border, would be still presented in US/Europe Media as the "prosperous NAFTA-oriented self-reliant westernized part of Mexico".

At the end of the day, everyone will see what they want to see.

You too. Me too.

but the Aztec empire was founded by the aztecs, Mexico (and New Spain) were founded by spaniards and descendents of spaniards. They are different things.

In fact, the current leadership class of Mexico is basically composed by mexicans of spanish descendence, while the poor and the middle-class are predominantly amerindian in different degrees of mixing.

There is a trend of that, I admit it.

But that doesn't mean that we had not Indian presidents (e.g. Juarez, Lazaro Cardenas). And most importantly, that the best presidents have been those more Indian... while the worst have been those more proud of their pure Spanish blood.

And, in the context of this forum.. Are not you contradicting yourself?

How many times you have said that you don't want to be related with us in any manner, and resent any association between the concepts Spain and Latin America?

(What's more, you resent to be "lumped with Italians" as "Southern Europeans" :useless: ).

I think that - besides your genetical studies of haplogroups and the like - there are some concepts that you should study with more profoundness.

Regards.

Just out of interest, are there any Aztec features that can be observed in today's Mexican society? I don't mean things like arts, food, music etc... but philosophy of governance, economy or social structures? I'm really curious to know!

:LOL: :LOL: :embarassed:

If you take away "arts, food and music"... what is left of ancient Mexican culture?

Very little.

But if you include "arts, food and music"... the answer will be "a lot".

If we talk about food, Aztecs gave to the world things like Chocolate, Corn, Tomatoes, Avocadoes, etc.

Most of the Art of modern Mexico is indian, and many houses of the middle classes are decorated purely indian, and the like.

However, I do not think that the case of Mexico is unique... is like to ask in any Western country:

"Give me an example of current political, economical an philosophical traditons, that are purely native and local, and not influenced by Greeks and Romans or the general evolution of Western civilization."

++++++++++

P.S.

However, I will say that there is an indian culture and "philosophy of life", not so much "formalized" or written in laws, but inherited, that is very important to define attitudes in Central Mexico.

The former I said only of the society at large. There are pure indian groups that keep their own social and political structures.

Regards.

Hey don't laugh...
How should I know? I mean it's not totally absurd that regardless of domination of other cultures basic features of society and ways of thinking can be preserved! I was just asking!

Hey don't laugh...
How should I know? I mean it's not totally absurd that regardless of domination of other cultures basic features of society and ways of thinking can be preserved! I was just asking!

And I am just answering.

(The laughs are put to imply modesty and lack of sufficient knowledge from my part... not scorn against you).

;)

Spain is the result of its history and from birth has never been conquered Spain.

Carthaginians and Phoenicians weren't exactly the same. And as you yourself say, they did not manage to conquer the whole Peninsula either.

As far as I can remember, the Visigoths never fully managed to conquer all of Iberia:

visigoth_kingdom.jpg

They always had trouble trying to conquer & control the Cantabrians, Asturians, the Suebians (occupying NW Portugal & Spain), Basques and the Byzantines (who held territories in the south of the Peninsula.)

Not quite. The map depicts the situation at the end of the 5th century. The Visigoths eventually lost Aquitania and Narbonensian Gaul to the Franks, but in turn managed to gain control over northern and eastern portions of Iberia. In the meantime, the Byzantines (under Belisarius) attempted to conquer southern parts of Iberia and managed to gain temporary hold of the southern parts of Hispania, but were eventually kicked out by the Visigoths. At the eve of the invasion by the Umayyad Caliphate (early 8th century), all of Iberia was under Visigothic control.

I have understood is that the Phoenicians, Greeks called the Canaanites, so if the Phoenicians founded Carthage, it's the same people.

The Visigoths had to be a mess to the natives of Iberia and Iberia in one way or another, she broke off from them and its inhumane mentality.

It is like saying that we have the "aztec violence genes", ain't it? :unsure: Like some indians here are "on the loose", away from the "civilized tradition" that some Spaniards could have left...

You're brainfarting here. I didn't say that anywhere... as usual you're showing your own insecurities.

However, inside here it looks to me the other way around: Are the Northern States, the more apart from the ancient indian traditions the ones that are more violent... precisely, because they lack some profound philosophical, social and cultural structure.

Likewise: Have you seen the video of Mexico City (= Tenochtitlan?). This is the "violent, leftist-controlled, anti-american hellhole" of Mexico, in USA media in the last decade.

Yeah right, USA is the source of all the evil in Mexico... :rolleyes:

But that doesn't mean that we had not Indian presidents (e.g. Juarez, Lazaro Cardenas). And most importantly, that the best presidents have been those more Indian... while the worst have been those more proud of their pure Spanish blood.

Benito Juarez lived in the 19th century, and Lazaro Cardenas doesn't really look like a typical amerindian. I stand behind my words.

And, in the context of this forum.. Are not you contradicting yourself?

How many times you have said that you don't want to be related with us in any manner, and resent any association between the concepts Spain and Latin America?

The fact that I don't want my country to have a very strong relationships with Latin America doesn't mean that I have to deny the spanish heritage left in Latin America.

(What's more, you resent to be "lumped with Italians" as "Southern Europeans" :useless: ).

I think that - besides your genetical studies of haplogroups and the like - there are some concepts that you should study with more profoundness.

Regards.

You're talking shit here again. I have never suggested such thing, that was your clone mexiCarlitos.

Stop putting words in my mouth that I have never said, thanks.

Regards.

Goths embraced chrisitianism, they didn't bring it in Iberia.

The Goths were Christians prior to their entry into Aquitaine and Iberia. They had been converted to Arian Christianity (Not equated with Aryan - it was named after an Arius) some time before they showed up in these areas. Even after their arrival, they continued with their Arianism to the point that they existed as a separate ruling caste and never became indentified with the people as did the Franks in time after they adopted Catholicism.

It is true that they did not bring Christianity to Iberia as the people had been converted long before, but they did not embrace the faith of the people.

Yes. About the germanics theres also another key factor that differentiates their impact from other invaders : Christianity. The law of Leovigildus in the Liber Iudiciorum that permitted the marriage between Goths and the natives.

Very cool - I never heard of these.

Lynxx
The fact that I don't want my country to have a very strong relationships with Latin America doesn't mean that I have to deny the spanish heritage left in Latin America.

I also will not deny the cultural and other contributions of Spain to what is Mexico today. Even if I wanted to, it will be a self delussion, and I myself do not strive to bend my country or personal past to fit some agenda or or psychological needs.

You that think so much in genetics, know that modern Mexicans are half Spaniards, half Amerindias (54% and 46%, to be exact). Culturally, is more or less also half and half.

Nor do I deny the indian past of Mexico and its cultural and philosophical contibutions to ourselves... and much less, when I attest that is precisely this contribution the thing that seems to give more stability and sense to people, in this particular moment of our history.

Regards.

Lynxx

I also will not deny the cultural and other contributions of Spain to what is Mexico today. Even if I wanted to, it will be a self delussion, and I myself do not strive to bend my country or personal past to fit some agenda or or psychological needs.

You that think so much in genetics, know that modern Mexicans are half Spaniards, half Amerindias (54% and 46%, to be exact). Culturally, is more or less also half and half.

Nor do I deny the indian past of Mexico and its cultural and philosophical contibutions to ourselves... and much less, when I attest that is precisely this contribution the thing that seems to give more stability and sense to people, in this particular moment of our history.

Regards.

54% and 46%???

93% of the mexicans are "mestizos" i.e. racially mixed (most of them being predominantly amerindian). Only the 7% left are either of fully european origin or fully amerindian origin. (Source)

Talking about psychological needs... :rolleyes:

Regards.

Lynxx

Regards.
Wrong. Mexicans are on average only 28% European :

African Americans from the Southwest (ASW), Utah Whites (CEU), Beijing Chinese (CHB), Mexicans from Los Angeles (MEX), Toscans (TSI), and Yoruban from Nigeria (YRI).[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
pops6.jpg

Wrong. Mexicans are on average only 28% European :

African Americans from the Southwest (ASW), Utah Whites (CEU), Beijing Chinese (CHB), Mexicans from Los Angeles (MEX), Toscans (TSI), and Yoruban from Nigeria (YRI).

You know, the percentage of genetic markers in the Mexican population is something that I remember very well...

Immediatly that I saw your post, I went to "Google" to look for the relevant articles to refute you... but then, I said to myself..

"What am I doing... ?!" :LOL:

The ones that are trying "all to hard" to prove themselves "Europeans" and "Celts"... right or wrong, are the Spaniards in this forum.

What is more... if you bring an article that say that we Mexicans are 10%, 5%, or 0% Europeans... be my guest.

You yourselves, are the one saying that we are not related at all...

I will not contradict you.

Regards. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 171517 times.

Back