Do you believe in equality?

Nature produces human beings with all kinds of talents. Noone is equal, but all deserve equal chances of development.
A hierarchy can be deadly for a society. Society develops in a constant revolution, or evolution.

Mutants and cyborgs are fiction. It doesn't work that way.
People don't change that much in 10.000 years.
Our forefathers were as intelligent like we, but they had less opportunities.

BTW.. I still think it's possible that mankind even gets more stupid every day...
At least if I see what is going on in the world of today.

You might be quite right - human brain has been shrinking since the last ice age...
http://www.srilankafoundation.lk/in...king&catid=97:science-a-technology&Itemid=317

Hmm.. I guess I hit the hammer on the nail :rolleyes:

But what I mean with stupidity of man is something different than the size of the brains.
My point is, human beings today have such a load of possibilities to develop and study, but only a tiny minority is using it.

In the middle ages most people didn't know, because they didn't have an opportunity to learn. Now we have all the opportunities with television, media and internet, the schools and universities, but most of the people don't care.
They go and sit watching reality shows...
"Look.. She's eating worms!!! EEEEEK!"

Albert Einstein:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

:ashamed2:

Its not about how big your brain is, but what you do with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :grin:

Agreed, and most people don't use their brain very well..
Look.. They always vote for the wrong political party.. :useless:

If most people are not using their brain, it may well start shrinking. It sounds quite logical to me.:wary2:

But we don't use our full brain capacity anyway. I'm sure I read somewhere that only a portion of our brain is used and it is not really known what a lot of it is for or the true extent of its capability?

But what I mean with stupidity of man is something different than the size of the brains.
My point is, human beings today have such a load of possibilities to develop and study, but only a tiny minority is using it.
They go and sit watching reality shows...
"Look.. She's eating worms!!! EEEEEK!"
:

Mmm, even the Romans used the same form of population control, by diverting the attention of the masses with trivia and keeping their stomachs full there is less difficulty for governments....

But there is far too much dependence on technology, if governments can't keep up the ever increasing demand for energy to operate all the entertainments, what then?

Actually we do use whole our brain, just not at same time. Brain is divided in sectors for specialized tasks, like watching, walking, logic, emotions, memory, and many, many more functions. It’s impossible to do all of the tasks at same time therefore brain is mostly inactive.

If most people are not using their brain, it may well start shrinking. It sounds quite logical to me.:wary2:

I read the article you posted which was very interesting.

I don't really buy into the idea that Cro-Magnon man had a more intellectually challenging existence that modern humans.

Look at computers this very forum is quite an abstract concept, modern humans are constantly dealing with all sorts of complex transactions and technology that mentally are far more challenging than anything early humans would have had to deal with in the natural world. I think the concept of human domestication and its effects is very interesting and worthy of its own thread...

Well yes, the idea of shrinking brains is not that simple to explain. We want to believe that we're smart because we have to deal with louds of information, solve complex problems and other bla-bla-bla.
But perhaps it is true that humanity is very narrow minded in its development. Perhaps we miss some important spheres of growth. I.e., spiritual develpment, with all that it can entail. Somehow people always want to believe that humanity develops from simple to more complex. It could be that Cro-Magnons were experienced in shamanistic practices and could achieve things that we never even dream of now...
For instance, some research say that meditation can increase in brain size... http://www.physorg.com/news10312.html

Think of our brain as a computer processor. Smaller than before but more efficient technology. We get more computing power for less food/energy than our ancestors. From evolutionary stand point it's a great improvement.

I wouldn't count much on spirituality, the part of human nature that makes people believe in existence of imaginary entities, super natural purpose of our lives, and giving us Human-centric point of view.

I read the article you posted which was very interesting.

I don't really buy into the idea that Cro-Magnon man had a more intellectually challenging existence that modern humans.

I don't agree with that.

You have to be smart to survive.

And they were intellectually at least the same as we.
Just look at the way they painted in those caves.
A modern normal grown up man would have a lot of difficulties to draw that good.

In fact it inspired Pablo Picasso.

This thread has been viewed 28943 times.

Back