Which European groups have phenotypical overlap with the Middle East & North Africa?

Multiple choice; Which have resemblances to Middle East or North Africa?

• British and/or Irish

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Scandinavians (Swedes, Norwegians, Danes)

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Finns

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Estonians, Latvians, and/or Lithuanians

• Russians

• Ukrainians

• Poles

• French

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Spaniards and/or Portuguese

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Germans, Austrians, and/or Dutch

• Corsicans

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Sardinians

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Northern Italians

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Southern Italians and/or Sicilians

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • Albanians

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Serbians, Bosnians, Croatians

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Bulgarians or Romanians

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Greeks

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • None

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Ralph Nader is 100% Lebanese, yes. I actually think Lebanese people look more European than Armenians and Georgians do.

Ralph Nader is 100% Lebanese, yes. I actually think Lebanese people look more European than Armenians and Georgians do.
Lebanese might look more European because of:
1. Sea peoples (Aegeans and Anatolians of Bronze Age who contributed to the formation of Phoenicians) 12th cent. BCE
2. Greco-Roman influence (4th cent.BCE - 6th cent CE, almost a thousand years)
3. Crusaders (12th-14th cent CE)

Obviously this thread is meat for hungry lions. Genetically the most middle-easterns are Sicilians/Greeks and then Balkans and the rest of Italians.

Lebanese might look more European because of:
1. Sea peoples (Aegeans and Anatolians of Bronze Age who contributed to the formation of Phoenicians) 12th cent. BCE
2. Greco-Roman influence (4th cent.BCE - 6th cent CE, almost a thousand years)
3. Crusaders (12th-14th cent CE)

That could be.. I know that it is said though that Armenians also have Greek ancestry (and linguistic ties too) but I was wondering if Lebanese look more European because the Phoenicians did contribute more to Southern European genes than the Caucasus did in more recent times, thus when we see Lebanese people their look is simply more familiar. For instance there were Phoenician colonies in Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia, southern Spain, etc.

That could be.. I know that it is said though that Armenians also have Greek ancestry (and linguistic ties too) but I was wondering if Lebanese look more European because the Phoenicians did contribute more to Southern European genes than the Caucasus did in more recent times, thus when we see Lebanese people their look is simply more familiar. For instance there were Phoenician colonies in Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia, southern Spain, etc.
Modern Armenians are actually of large Hurrian origin that's why they've got a distinct look from other South Europeans.
I think that the Phoenicians looked quite close to ancient Greeks so they didn't alter significantly the looks of people here...

Peoples who could pass in Europe most are those who have a very low semitic substratus, I.E. Georgians, Lebaneses, white Turks and Persians.

Italians don't cluster with Middle Easterns but, according to some maps, with Adygeans (or Circassians) and their neighbours, the Georgians, who to me look more European than Middle Easterns. :D In short we cluster with Caucasians not with middle Easterns.

Miss Georgia

article-1281518983112-0AC1E025000005DC-94347_537x650.jpg

She could pass as Italian indeed.

This thread makes no sense at all!

How you look isn't important to be able to see where you come from.
There is another thread about that, and people usually don't get the nationality by just looking at a picture.
Of course there's another trick in the book.. Hear them.

I think the only way to tell what someones roots are, is the yDNA.

And in fact, all Europeans are descendants of people that originated from Africa.
It's the YDNA tree.. A, B, C, D .... and so on.

I am YDNA R1b that makes me belonging to the common Europeans.
My wife's family has YDNA J2, and that seems to have originated from the Sea People. But who were they?
Greek? Phoenician? Roman? I guess they lived in areas around the Mediterranean Sea, what makes them more Mediterraneans than Asians, Europeans or Africans.

So, the three last areas are invented from the perspective of land people.

For sea people the coastline of the entire Mediterranean Sea is one area! Not three!
Please imagine that, before you react.

Of course this also works for the North Sea.

In the early centuries it was easy to travel across the North Sea.
If you had the material, the knowledge and a group of strong warriors of course.
:ninja:

Italians don't cluster with Middle Easterns but, according to some maps, with Adygeans (or Circassians) and their neighbours, the Georgians, who to me look more European than Middle Easterns. :D In short we cluster with Caucasians not with middle Easterns.

Miss Georgia

article-1281518983112-0AC1E025000005DC-94347_537x650.jpg

She could pass as Italian indeed.

Hmm I got the strange feeling that her head is photo-shopped.
How can a neck be more darker than a face?
The head is rather big to fit well.

hAHAHAHAHA AFTER YOUR WRITING i NOTICE IT TOO,

:LOL:

I am YDNA R1b that makes me belonging to the common Europeans.
My wife's family has YDNA J2, and that seems to have originated from the Sea People. But who were they?
Greek? Phoenician? Roman? I guess they lived in areas around the Mediterranean Sea, what makes them more Mediterraneans than Asians, Europeans or Africans.

let me quess, your son at 2 did not got off sea, at 3 swimed in deep water, at 6 killed his first octapus, at 12 ask you boat, at 21 made already 3 times the circle of the world !!!! :grin:

Mmm, it can be photoshopped. Well, photoshopped she could fit Italy :D Btw it's possible to have the neck darker than the face. My face, for exemple, is far slower to tan than the rest of the body, usually becomes red but later comes back cadaveric white, while the rest of the body becomes brown. I must use tanning creams for the face.

An other picture of her

Nana+Gogichaishvili,+Miss+Georgia+2010.jpg
haaaa Georgians Turks and persians semitic?

I said that Georgians, Turks and Persians aren't semitic and that there is were you can find most European looking individuals out of Europe.

The nose looks exotic, to pass for european. Georgians often look like levantines/middle-easterns.

She would be better with a few kilograms of more.

Mmm, it can be photoshopped. Well, photoshopped she could fit Italy :D Btw it's possible to have the neck darker than the face. My face, for exemple, is far slower to tan than the rest of the body, usually becomes red but later comes back cadaveric white, while the rest of the body becomes brown. I must use tanning creams for the face.

An other picture of her.

I said that Georgians, Turks and Persians aren't semitic and that there is were you can find most European looking individuals out of Europe.

This photo looks very original.

The hard flashlight is disturbing the photo.
So it must be real.. :rolleyes:

The nose looks exotic, to pass for european. Georgians often look like levantines/middle-easterns.

If I hadn't said that she's Georgian, you would never have guessed that she isn't European, be honest. I have seen Spaniards with more exotic look (like Banderas). And if you dunno yet, Georgians aren't Semitic but Ibero-Caucasians XD Indeed they are of the same stock of Etruscans, Pelasgians and Protobasques. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_people ;)

You people are nuts. Neck is alway darker than face, it's in a shadow of a chin and hair in here case. Anyway less light is bouncing of neck, it's rounder than face. Besides, girl was using more makeup on her face, and probably lighter foundation. Maybe because she wanted to look more European, because so many of you cares! I don't, and she's so beautiful I could take here home tonight. lol
No need for photoshop here..., hmmmm, unless there is a conspiracy to trick you, hehe.

An other picture of her

her cheek structure and nose look like FRISIAN , the old germanic type,. could be frisian not from the dutch side, but from Holstein

This thread has been viewed 49429 times.

Back