Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: SNP L47* or Y-DNA haplogroup R1b1b2a1a1d1* (ISOGG) - "Ivanhoe" Cluster Project??

Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a1a1a4

Ethnic group
    English

Smile SNP L47* or Y-DNA haplogroup R1b1b2a1a1d1* (ISOGG) - "Ivanhoe" Cluster Project??

Has anyone here heard of this "Ivanhoe" DNA project/group?? A link to a website with more info is http://mykindred.com/L47x/. I am doing a deep clad test and am expecting L47* based upon some of my DNA matches. My family has no known Jewish ancestry (we came across the pond to America from SW England as Puritans in the 1630's) however nothing can ever be ruled out. A theory about the Project and sources of the SNP is that of Frisiavones/Frisians who came to England with the Romans as part of the XX Legion. (Check out the map link http://maps.google.ru/maps/ms?hl=ru&...7436,56.25&z=4 for more on that)

Can anyone here shed more light onto this SNP or is there a link to a good source for understanding the sub-groups of U106?? Any and all help/direction is appreciated!!

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

The 23andme website indicates a "Doggerland" origin for R1b1b2a1a1, since the haplogroup has the strongest representation in fringes of the North Sea in England, the Netherlands and Germany. My family name, Wiebe, originated in Friesland and all tested males (16 separate families) are R1b1b2a1a1d1*. Wiebe is a common surname among Dutch Anabaptists who migrated from Holland to Prussia, Russia, and ultimately to the United States and Canada.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a1a1a4

Ethnic group
    English

I think the "Doggerland" title won't be accurate for this SNP if it is indeed only 1,000 to 2,000 yrs old. It seems that Doggerland would be better for an older SNP. I do however find that theory interesting (the Doggerland inhabitants and their migrations).