SNP L47* or Y-DNA haplogroup R1b1b2a1a1d1* (ISOGG) - "Ivanhoe" Cluster Project??

gigrant74

Reaction score
Ethnic group
English
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1b2a1a1a4
SNP L47* or Y-DNA haplogroup R1b1b2a1a1d1* (ISOGG) - "Ivanhoe" Cluster Project??

Has anyone here heard of this "Ivanhoe" DNA project/group?? A link to a website with more info is http://mykindred.com/L47x/. I am doing a deep clad test and am expecting L47* based upon some of my DNA matches. My family has no known Jewish ancestry (we came across the pond to America from SW England as Puritans in the 1630's) however nothing can ever be ruled out. A theory about the Project and sources of the SNP is that of Frisiavones/Frisians who came to England with the Romans as part of the XX Legion. (Check out the map link http://maps.google.ru/maps/ms?hl=ru...ll=44.902578,15.644531&spn=28.17436,56.25&z=4 for more on that)

Can anyone here shed more light onto this SNP or is there a link to a good source for understanding the sub-groups of U106?? Any and all help/direction is appreciated!!

The 23andme website indicates a "Doggerland" origin for R1b1b2a1a1, since the haplogroup has the strongest representation in fringes of the North Sea in England, the Netherlands and Germany. My family name, Wiebe, originated in Friesland and all tested males (16 separate families) are R1b1b2a1a1d1*. Wiebe is a common surname among Dutch Anabaptists who migrated from Holland to Prussia, Russia, and ultimately to the United States and Canada.

I think the "Doggerland" title won't be accurate for this SNP if it is indeed only 1,000 to 2,000 yrs old. It seems that Doggerland would be better for an older SNP. I do however find that theory interesting (the Doggerland inhabitants and their migrations).

I have just taken the 23andme.com test and compared their information with online Family Tree DNA blogs, showing that FTDNA call's my group R-L47. What other tests besides 23andMe.com should one like myself take to learn more about my specific branch and close surnames other than my own? FTDNA? They have 37, 67, 111 markers, but will one be better for me than another? My direct male origins: Francis Colegrove, Sr., born c. 1663, England, came to Rhode Island Colony c. 1683.

The 23andme website indicates a "Doggerland" origin for R1b1b2a1a1, since the haplogroup has the strongest representation in fringes of the North Sea in England, the Netherlands and Germany. My family name, Wiebe, originated in Friesland and all tested males (16 separate families) are R1b1b2a1a1d1*. Wiebe is a common surname among Dutch Anabaptists who migrated from Holland to Prussia, Russia, and ultimately to the United States and Canada.
I am allmost the same as you only take the 1 off my ggfather was from longelang Denmark an island .a ginger.

This thread has been viewed 18772 times.

Back