R1b in Turkey

ttiyilmaz

Reaction score
I'm new and I don't know if I'm posting in the right place but I've been wondering about R1b in Turkey. I know that Hittites were R1b but I took the National Geographic Genographic project and got R1b, m343 (Subclade R1b1a2, M269). We come from the Black sea in the province Kastamonu. My family has light skin and hair, unlike many other Turks. So I was wondering if you could tell me more of R1b1a2 in Turkey. The test said I'm most likely of Irish or Welsh decent. So could someone please explain how western Europeans got to northern Turkey or if i am part of a different, minority ethnic group.

I'm new and I don't know if I'm posting in the right place but I've been wondering about R1b in Turkey. I know that Hittites were R1b but I took the National Geographic Genographic project and got R1b, m343 (Subclade R1b1a2, M269). We come from the Black sea in the province Kastamonu. My family has light skin and hair, unlike many other Turks. So I was wondering if you could tell me more of R1b1a2 in Turkey. The test said I'm most likely of Irish or Welsh decent. So could someone please explain how western Europeans got to northern Turkey or if i am part of a different, minority ethnic group.

i think that is ancient Bithenyia

the hitties went to europe around 1150BC in the great bronze age migrations

Maybe you are a descendant of the Celtic Galatia in Anatolia?

It's possible, but M269+ doesn't tell us enough, because it's also suspected to have existed among the Anatolians. I suspect that modern Turks inherit more from Anatolians than from Galatians. One easy way to solve this is to test for the SNP L11... if positive, then Galatian (or Crusader or something) descent is likely, if negative, then simple Anatolian descent seems likely.

Most propably you are related with Paphlagonians who were an offshot of Phrygians according to Herodotus (even their name reflects their origin Pa-phlag-onians / Phryg-ians) who had a lot of R1b1b2 (Paphlagonia in Cinnioglu's paper scored the highest R1b1b2 of all Anatolian regions). R1b1b2 is the main haploghroup of the Armenians who are also associated with Phrygians...

If you are M343, then you are a real Botai Proto-Turk. Full stop. This haplogroup is mainly found in Bashkirs, Kazakhs and Karagas-Shor-Altais.

r31PodC.png

Irish or Welsh my ass!!

attachment.php

This thread has been viewed 15210 times.

Back