Y-DNA haplogroups of Greeks by region of origin

guys

which one of you knows what is this photo?

and what connection has with Kastrioti?

xilander-georg7.jpg

it comes from this person https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marin_Barleti
the article is in latin translated for me from latin
even the link has skandenberg as prince of the epirotes .........more than one
This is from the very link you posted, proving my point exactly.
"Barleti invented spurious correspondence between Vladislav II of Wallachia and Skanderbeg, wrongly assigning it to the year 1443 instead to the year of 1444.[17] Barleti also invented correspondence between Scanderbeg and Sultan Mehmed II to match his interpretations of events.[17] His first work is considered more reliable than his second work due to its nature of being an eyewitness account of the events that occurred in his home town.[18] However, one should keep in mind that inserting fictive speeches suited to the historical character was characteristic of classical/classicizing historiography."
This correspondence, if it is actually from this author(which yoh still sid not actually source yet, you just posted an author that im supposed to believe did write it out of confidence) that is known for inventing false correspondence between historical figures? How reliable is this in your opinion?
Just like how many flat earthers exist in America, there exist loud subsets of conspiracy and crazy un scientific theories among albanians also.
Its well established that the albanian language was formed above the jiricek line. That it was neighbours with Romanian in an older time also. Before that there are deep traces of baltic and german (very long ago, see Vladimir Orel Proto Albanian). Please stop with the fictions and innovations

I have no problem as Albanians are strongly Epirotes. We are native to the area.

What is bizarre is you Sile, claiming mtDNA: H95a as Ostrogothic descendant.

I think so too. At least the South Albanians. After all, that's where Epirus lies. I have no doubt that you will find considerable degrees of genetic continuity there as well, like in the case of modern Greeks and the Myceneans. And I don't think that those Bronze Age Epirots will be a lot of different from Bronze Age Myceneans. Also somehow I think that the Dorians will have some strong link with Epirus. We'll see. But surely these South Albanians will have some Slav and North Albanian admixture as well.

guys

which one of you knows what is this photo?

and what connection has with Kastrioti?

xilander-georg7.jpg
That is Hilandar. Gjon Kastrioti was buried at the tower named Albanian Tower there.

Albanian ethnonym of the tower is obvious regardless of how one twists it.

That is Hilandar. Gjon Kastrioti was buried at the tower named Albanian Tower there.

Albanian ethnonym of the tower is obvious regardless of how one twists it.

I do not know what you mean by twist,
but Not only John, also Repos and others of Kastrioti family and wider circle,

I am glad that you know it,
most of Albanians I ask, even in the forum, know Nothing, and claim it is a lie,
and I speak nons ense

You are the first Albanian that recognise it and knows about it,

tell me Fatherland, how many of modern Albanians know this?
I repeat you are the first

another also thing you maybe know, is that Kastrioti as nobles are also mentioned in an Archibishopy Episcope of a known Greek Makedonian city for baptism and heritage rights
and Aryanit or Ayanit Αγιαννιτης is Mentioned in Slavic Makedonian Episcopal

I suggest the rest Albanians of the forum to start wonder and search more than to chew and chew again the gum of Stupidity

until today is named as tower of Saint George tower, or Albanian tower

saint George
the written say that John gathered the taxes from some areas and donate it to the monastery,
but another written say it was Build by George kastriotis,
That is why it carries his name Saint George

Dear, rafc, could you show the frequencies of the excluded Vlach samples in Greece please?

I do not know what you mean by twist,
but Not only John, also Repos and others of Kastrioti family and wider circle,

I am glad that you know it,
most of Albanians I ask, even in the forum, know Nothing, and claim it is a lie,
and I speak nons ense

You are the first Albanian that recognise it and knows about it,

tell me Fatherland, how many of modern Albanians know this?
I repeat you are the first

another also thing you maybe know, is that Kastrioti as nobles are also mentioned in an Archibishopy Episcope of a known Greek Makedonian city for baptism and heritage rights
and Aryanit or Ayanit Αγιαννιτης is Mentioned in Slavic Makedonian Episcopal

I suggest the rest Albanians of the forum to start wonder and search more than to chew and chew again the gum of Stupidity

until today is named as tower of Saint George tower, or Albanian tower

saint George
the written say that John gathered the taxes from some areas and donate it to the monastery,
but another written say it was Build by George kastriotis,
That is why it carries his name Saint George

Yetos, who digs history knows it, Kastrioti family has changed religion many times, like most of the Albanians have done, in Greece nowadays....there is no news here....but you continue to be off topic with questions and provocation....and mostly bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Yetos, who digs history knows it, Kastrioti family has changed religion many times, like most of the Albanians have done, in Greece nowadays....there is no news here....but you continue to be off topic with questions and provocation....and mostly bs.

blevins

my post was clear,

you never answered before when I asked the same many times,

That means that you learn it first time now,

now I throw back your insults,

my post is clear and pure,
as answer of Fatherland

Only eyes of a dirty mind see it dirty,

and it has not to with Religions,
rather with Alliance.

only the blind (followers of Vallavan pasha) can not see it

blevins

my post was clear,

as answer of Fatherland

rather with Alliance.

"Chew the gum of stupidity"....what is that, and because the average Albanian does not know where Gjon and his son Stanish was buried, there is nothing pure in your post and nothing dirty in my mind. Focus on the topic stop the bs and the provocation of what we know and what me chew....it is a low level discussion on your side.

blevins

my post was clear,

as answer of Fatherland

rather with Alliance.

My DNA relatives in FTDNA were knights of Demeter Reres, the Scanderbeg Captain......

Yetos, cut out the insults or you're going to get an infraction. Plus, you're off topic.

Exactly as I said, if you are referring to Laberia's signature, which you have confirmed you were referring to, then please produce a source. This is not a source. It is a larger letter with no confirmation of authenticity. It sounds so obviously fake!

It's even possible that Laberia wrote it himself in some other forum jeez. You produced no SOURCE. I have looked for this in the past when I saw it in Laberia's document and found NOTHING that made me believe its credible.

Don't create scientific hypotheses that Albanians are epirotes based on signatures you see

You have a big problem. You don't know the history of your country.

You have a big problem. You don't know the history of your country.

Seems to know a lot more than you about the matter. Skanderbeg was a Gheg.

They do hate him , because he stated in his own hand writing that he was an epirote .............nationalistic Albanians hate this notion
No, He said another thing:
My elders were from Epirus, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans.
Scanderbeg was a Geg, from North Albania. The first uncontested time that Kastrioti family is mentioned in history is this:
Pal Kastrioti (fl. 1383—1407) was an Albanian nobleman attested in c. 1383 as the lord of two villages, Sina and Lower Gardi. According to Gjon Muzaka Pal had three sons: Konstantin, Alexius and Gjon Kastrioti, the latter who was Skanderbeg's father.
So, He was a Geg, from Mati region. When He talk about elders, He mentioned our chronicles. Unfortunately, for obvious reasons, we don't have in our possession these chronicles.
So, this your theory of the hate of nationalists Albanians is a nonsense.

Seems to know a lot more than you about the matter. Skanderbeg was a Gheg.
She is an Albanian, born and raised in a foreign country who use to learn the history of our country from Wikipedia.
About Scanderbeg, read my post.

She is an Albanian, born and raised in a foreign country who use to learn the history of our country from Wikipedia.
About Scanderbeg, read my post.

Our academia in Albania isn't exactly a shining example either.

Our academia in Albania isn't exactly a shining example either.

I am waiting that you explain what you intend with this sentence.

Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults.

Albanese, yes, his own people.
Now off with you!
This the quote from Scanderbeg:
"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"

Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

At least in the last 1000 years, excluding the 20th century, foreigners but also our ancestors in different chronicles of the time, including our legends, considered the arbër later shqiptarët (Albanians) as the only successor nation of the Illyrians, Macedonians and Epirotes . All these were synonyms of the Arbër=Shqiptarët (Albanian) name. Later, at the end of nineteenth century and the beginning of XX, foreigners for geopolitical reasons began to say (and they did not even told to us sorry because we have lied to you so far as we have called you the nation descendant of these old Peninsula populations) no, it's not exactly this. Some of these foreigners, our neighbors and their sponsors, started to spread this theories, you are Turks coming from Asia, you arrived from Caucasus, etc. You can read this outdated theories in every forum, including this respected forum.
So, i don't find nothing wrong with the words of Scanderbeg. What did he said after reading our chronicles? Albanians, Epirotes and Macedonians, were part of the same nation.
What is the truth? Maybe we will learn one day, especially now with the help of the genetics.

This the quote from Scanderbeg:
"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"

Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

At least in the last 1000 years, excluding the 20th century, foreigners but also our ancestors in different chronicles of the time, including our legends, considered the arbër later shqiptarët (Albanians) as the only successor nation of the Illyrians, Macedonians and Epirotes . All these were synonyms of the Arbër=Shqiptarët (Albanian) name. Later, at the end of nineteenth century and the beginning of XX, foreigners for geopolitical reasons began to say (and they did not even told to us sorry because we have lied to you so far as we have called you the nation descendant of these old Peninsula populations) no, it's not exactly this. Some of these foreigners, our neighbors and their sponsors, started to spread this theories, you are Turks coming from Asia, you arrived from Caucasus, etc. You can read this outdated theories in every forum, including this respected forum.
So, i don't find nothing wrong with the words of Scanderbeg. What did he said after reading our chronicles? Albanians, Epirotes and Macedonians, were part of the same nation.
What is the truth? Maybe we will learn one day, especially now with the help of the genetics.

That is what he stated, their is no denying this .............but as I stated earlier, many albanians hate the link with epirotes.
genetically albanians are mixed with macedonians and greeks more so than with slavs ..........again it makes sense with the letter.

Did the albanians go with alexander to India.......I am unsure, I only know that Greeks, Macedonians, epirotes and thracians went to India ..............no illyrians or dacians went

As for the the tarantini people, they where greek ( corintihian ) and epirote mix peoples and not part of the messapic people which was further north

I second that. After checking the subclades, it looks like almost all the I2a1 and the R1a in Greece is of Slavic origin, which is about 20-21%. Of course Slavs aren't pure I2a1 + R1a. They also carry other haplogroups that can easily be mistaken for native Greek, like E-V13, G2a, J2a, J2b, R1b-L23... So in all likelihood 21% is an underestimate. 25 to 28% is more realistic. That's about the same amount of (Proto-)Slavic Y-DNA as in Austria or East Germany. One country doesn't need to be linguistically or culturally Slavic to have substantial Slavic admixture.
That seems a pretty good estimate back up by science and also it fits up with historical data and placenames.
Here is one map with Slavic toponyms in Greece.
http://sparotok.blog.bg/photos/83734/original/MAX VAS GREEK.png

This thread has been viewed 364426 times.

Back