Europe and Nato

No, NATO was created as an instrument of the USA to control Europe.
And they still do, the old game of divide and rule.
You can read more about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

It even had consequences for Norway I guess.
Think of what happened lately.
There are similarities with what Breivik did.

Nato was the Wests answer to the Soviet Block.
Today Nato only serves the purpose of involving Europe in American wars.

Keep in mind that NATO encompasses countries similar in political and economic nature. It is a natural thing that countries with similar interests will belong to one military alliance. Even if there are dominant countries in this block, the weak will benefit too.
If I'm right about a nature of the beast, expect Russia in NATO in about 10-20 years. Russia already do military exercises with NATO block.
Russia will need NATO to feel safer when new superpowers in Asia exert more influence in the future.

Now, it seams that US has run out of money. It is in no position to effort big and expensive army, nor continue or start new wars. Soon US Arm Forces will be trimmed by half, and many foreign bases closed. It will be a perfect time for all European members to step up, spend more money, voice their opinions and directions, and feel more important too.

Same for Canada. It was a nice thing, for last 100 years, to be shielded by US and not to spend much for military during peace times. Canada survived recession in better shape than most NATO members. It's time for Canada to help more, spend more, to show that we are not free loaders only, but proud and responsible member.

Now, it seems that US has run out of money. It is in no position to effort big and expensive army, nor continue or start new wars. Soon US Arm Forces will be trimmed by half, and many foreign bases closed. It will be a perfect time for all European members to step up, spend more money, voice their opinions and directions, and feel more important too.

Same for Canada. It was a nice thing, for last 100 years, to be shielded by US and not to spend much for military during peace times. Canada survived recession in better shape than most NATO members. It's time for Canada to help more, spend more, to show that we are not free loaders only, but proud and responsible member.

Dream on!

What do you expect in Canada?
Chinese in kayaks, infiltrating Canucky territory?

I can see the EU dropping out of NATO and starting their own military alliance at some point int he future.

NATO is an alliance with tremendous military power but small political power,

for example if Europe was to become the 3rd pole, then probably the case of Libya and Syria (modern civil wars) would be ended far before the massacres,
the problem is that NATO is still a military, heavy, slow, alliance that is unwanted in many areas,

a possible 2-3 headed NATO would interesting,
for example syria, a clear EU alliance would be more effective than a US slow react NAto,
a handling crisis Eu-army stronger than Fortex is a must, an army of 40-60 0000 man that has no connection with NATO, but with EU only is a must,
Nato is strong to dismiss it, and no need for it, but a European army for handling crisis, obeying only in EU parliament is a must,

We have no business with Syria, Libya, Iraq or Afghanistan.

All this unrest, or civil uprising, war or whatsoever is probably the product of propaganda and disinformation in the western media.
And I don't want to give a clue again what is behind it all. Find that out for yourself.

European Defense Organization.. OK.
But with the obligation to defend only their own members, on their own territory.

The attack on Iraq and Afghanistan was plain stupid.
It had nothing to do with the NATO treaty!
The intervention in Libya is also illegal according to the NATO treaty!

But of course, Britain, the USA, and also France have a long tradition of interfering in Africa!
Who cares!

But not under NATO flag!

We have no business with Syria, Libya, Iraq or Afghanistan.

All this unrest, or civil uprising, war or whatsoever is probably the product of propaganda and disinformation in the western media.
And I don't want to give a clue again what is behind it all. Find that out for yourself.

European Defense Organization.. OK.
But with the obligation to defend only their own members, on their own territory.

The attack on Iraq and Afghanistan was plain stupid.
It had nothing to do with the NATO treaty!
The intervention in Libya is also illegal according to the NATO treaty!

But of course, Britain, the USA, and also France have a long tradition of interfering in Africa!
Who cares!

But not under NATO flag!

I agree with european defend organization,
I understand what you mean, I also believe that libya and syria are lands not to invade or to interfering,
but since arabic world does not have a defending organization, a possible agrreement with majority of arabic world, is must,
besides history has proven that selling guns in peculiar dictators, creates warm days,
so I do not mention europe to 'wear' NAto shoes, but Europe to take over a more stability and democratic (not 40 years presidents) action, always in agreement with Arabic world,
besides the case of Iraq, has proven to have destroy some European approaches, while some new Nato members decide to send strong forces, following Nato orders, and not Europe's concern,

This thread has been viewed 20383 times.

Back