having problems

My account seems to work fine for a period and then this happens
- I loose typed information that I try to save to a post, then
- I get timed out and cannot save anything.

The next day it works fine again until " the above scenario"

I can't post anywhere. Somebody is blocking me.

It says: "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Same problem for you Goga. Wait one week and try to use your normal account again. For the moment, you can create another account.

What the h*** is happening, I can't even make a new account. It seems that someone has blocked my ip-adres or something.

Is it possible that I've got a ban?

You are not banned, sure. The problem is the server. To create a new account you must do it in another e-mail adress, since the one you are using is only valid for one account.

I have intermittent problems only when my name does not appear automatically when I use the login button.

If no name appears, i use my new account, it name does appear, I know I have no issues with my old account.

What the h*** is happening, I can't even make a new account. It seems that someone has blocked my ip-adres or something.

Is it possible that I've got a ban?

Have you been a bad person?
Have you disagreed with someone "special".
Does your mother think you are special?

I waited 1 week before my old account worked ( not like the beginning , but not that bad ) and i did get a email from eupedia, that it seemed someone was using my IP address. ( highly unlikely , but )

Yes, 1 week later everything is working smoothly again!

Maybe I'm going to make another account on the other pc with other ip, in the case if my current ip and account is infiltrated again by some very 'special' people.

To create a new account you must do it in another e-mail adress, since the one you are using is only valid for one account.
Thanks for the advice Knovas (y)

Good Goga, seems my "theory" is working. Good for you.

I know it's too bad, I suffered the problem several weeks till find the solution. It was desperating to post a message.

Good Goga, seems my "theory" is working. Good for you.

I know it's too bad, I suffered the problem several weeks till find the solution. It was desperating to post a message.
Thanks for the help!

But what's your theory? Why does this happen to some users. I know it is something technical, but I don't know what.

My theory is that if you stop entering the forum a few days (3-7 days), the problem becomes solved, ¿Why? I don't know.

I also don't know why some people has the problem and others not. For what I see, more users are having the problem, so who knows, perhaps all people will have the same problem in different moments.

My theory is that if you stop entering the forum a few days (3-7 days), the problem becomes solved
It didn't work in my case...

I had to create a new account with an other e-mail adress...:indifferent:​

Keep waiting Gavroche. For the moment use this account, and try again in another week. Perhaps the time could be more than 7 days in some cases, who knows. But I'm pretty sure one day you'll use your normal account again.

I have intermittent problems only when my name does not appear automatically when I use the login button.

If no name appears, i use my new account, it name does appear, I know I have no issues with my old account.

Not to confuse everyone,
The Sile account was set up by me, Zanipolo, due to problems. Since my problems are now intermitten, I gave this account to my brother to use, he uses it very rarely. So , to clarify, if SILE is used , its 90% by me, Zanipolo, as my account is playing up.

Thankyou for the explanation Zanipolo, it makes sense now.

So if others have had to create new accounts because of problems, how do we know who is who?

Edit. Just a thought. Do you always have to log in? I always tick the keep me logged in box thingy and have never had a problem. Or are you using different computers? Admittedly I don't understand much of this computer stuff:sad-2:

Thankyou for the explanation Zanipolo, it makes sense now.

So if others have had to create new accounts because of problems, how do we know who is who?

Edit. Just a thought. Do you always have to log in? I always tick the keep me logged in box thingy and have never had a problem. Or are you using different computers? Admittedly I don't understand much of this computer stuff:sad-2:

I use that but it does not work, so , like now, no name appeared on log on screen, so my old account does not work .

I also cannot leave eupedia on this window or else I am auto logged out, I have to open a second window to use for other stuff.
Maybe firefox 7.0 will help

My theory is that if you stop entering the forum a few days (3-7 days), the problem becomes solved, ¿Why? I don't know.

This approach certainly does not work for me. I have been forced to get another account. The problems with the old one simply won't go away no matter how long I wait without login in, and it doesn't look like whoever maintains site's inner workings cares or knows how to fix this extremely annoying problem that is forcing some of us to abandon our old accounts.

Oh, sorry Drac. For the moment use the new account and keep trying week by week, who knows if one they your normal account will be available again. It's curious some cases seem to be very difficult to solve.

does Eupedia have its won spellchecker as I seem to not have it anymore , even though my browser and other apps has the spellchecker active

This thread has been viewed 46801 times.

Back