Person/s behind eupedia.com/genetics? Maciamo Hay?

MarTyro

Reaction score
Hello to all (this is my first post)!
I enjoy (genetic) genealogy and has come over eupedia.com/genetics-information many times in my internet researches in the last months.
The information and especially the graphics are very valuable and good.
As I like to use some of the Eupedia-Information in my publications I really search for information of the person/s behind all this data and the methods used to build some of the statistical tables and distribution-maps (haplogroups).
I'm sad that nowhere I could find information about the autor/s of the provided data; "About Eupedia" and "Contact" give no more information, only an e-mail.
Searching in the forum I found the probable autor:
Maciamo May from Belgium - Brussels resident of Lothier? and his FB-Profile.
Can Maciamo or someone confirm this and give some more details? I wrote this in the Forum as I think more reserchers are looking for this info.

Found some more, where one can understand the path of Maciamo, in the Wa-pedia Japan Forum from Dec. 2005:
Maciamo said:
As you will have noticed from my country flag, I have left Japan and now live in Belgium. I am not planning to live in Japan again soon. But I will of course continue to manage this website and forum with Thomas. I will probably put more emphasis on the European section of the forum, and work more on Eupedia than JREF. Anyhow, I am pretty satisfied with the Japan Travel Guide and various article sections on JREF ... with my other experiences of living in foreign countries. Japan was the 7th country where I have lived for at least a few months ...I have lived in 5 other countries than Japan and Belgium and the only one where I didn't feel much like staying too long (because of similar ignorance to Japan, although not half as bad) was Australia.
@Maciamo: Keep up the great work here. Try to constructively interact with other DNA-insiders to improve your work. Especially with those belonging not to your haplogroup or your culture. And ignore the forum users, which out of various hopes and faiths follow personal, religious and racist opinions. Only that will bring us further along in the DNA genealogy.
And please: Sign every Page and Picture inside Eupedia/Genetics with a date and at least your pseudonym. It would be very helpful if you make also a sources list and possibly make downloadable some raw data.

I confirm that I am the author of all the pages on Eupedia.com (outside the forum) as well as Wa-pedia.com. That's all I will say.

Found some more, where one can understand the path of Maciamo, in the Wa-pedia Japan Forum from Dec. 2005:
@Maciamo: Keep up the great work here. Try to constructively interact with other DNA-insiders to improve your work. Especially with those belonging not to your haplogroup or your culture. And ignore the forum users, which out of various hopes and faiths follow personal, religious and racist opinions. Only that will bring us further along in the DNA genealogy.
And please: Sign every Page and Picture inside Eupedia/Genetics with a date and at least your pseudonym. It would be very helpful if you make also a sources list and possibly make downloadable some raw data.

Good suggestions.

Some genetic maps have been posted on Eupedia by people other than Maciamo that are most innacurate. Those have never been used in any serious compilation, to my knowledge.

This thread has been viewed 14628 times.

Back