New map of R1b-S21 (U106)

I read several charts with figures 21% r1b-s21 for england but in eupedia maps it is shown to be 30+ so which one is correct please give a good data.

which subclades do the 22% of R1b in England belong to? I have red the Oppenheimer data and it shows around 51% R1b for one subclade without naming it so could it be s21?

Hi there
this is my first post, and I guess it's the best thread to do it.
I'm born and living in France (so please excuse my bad english), and I'm a part of the 7% of the french individuals who belong to U106, my subclade is S264 (or Z156?), I don't know the deeper subclades.
I read that this haplogroup in France could be related to frankish people... I made some researches up to around 1600. My fatherline comes from East Auvergne and is possibly related to a noble family from le Puy de Dôme. The surname is typicaly frankish. My motherline comes from the Dauphiné and was maybe in Swiss before 1610.The surname is swiss. I hope I will learn a lot about this U106 haplogroup, and especially about this mysterious S264/Z156 subclade...

Hi there
this is my first post, and I guess it's the best thread to do it.
I'm born and living in France (so please excuse my bad english), and I'm a part of the 7% of the french individuals who belong to U106, my subclade is S264 (or Z156?), I don't know the deeper subclades.
I read that this haplogroup in France could be related to frankish people... I made some researches up to around 1600. My fatherline comes from East Auvergne and is possibly related to a noble family from le Puy de Dôme. The surname is typicaly frankish. My motherline comes from the Dauphiné and was maybe in Swiss before 1610.The surname is swiss. I hope I will learn a lot about this U106 haplogroup, and especially about this mysterious S264/Z156 subclade...

Hey Magister, welcome to the forum. :beer1:

I'm also underneath Z156, via its subclades Z306 and DF96. It's quite an old haplogroup (Around 4.5 thousand years old by Dr Iain McDonald's estimate) and would most likely require deeper testing but I would agree that Frankish origins seem rather likely. I'm unable to post links at the moment but it's worth looking at some of his studies, the deeper subclades seem to certainly be prevalent along the Rhine River, which was somewhat of a frontier between Germania and the Roman provinces.

The land around Baia,Neamt ,has some R1b-S21,because the Moldavian rulers have granted autonomy to the Saxon administrators,that's why the cities have kept their foreign names;
even if Neamt is Romanian, it was kept the sense of "German" city,market.

Still,I don't think that S21 from the area is supported by the NW admixture,because the Moldavians ,including those, are very high on Balkan admixture.

If you look how Y DNA is spread in Germany, you see that the concentration of R1B is raising as you are moving towards the Alps and is decreasing in the North.
After physical look, is quite clear South Germans are more Celtic/Gaulish and less Germanic and North Germans, which are a lot more blonde, are more Germanic.
So this physical look and the R1B and the history rather support the idea that R1B-S21 was also spread most by some Gaulish/Celtic people.
There were no Saxon settlers in Neamt county, my paternal grandmother is from there and I have spent plenty of time in Neamt county and Saxon settlers did not came there in such numbers, to explain 7.4% R1B-S21.
But whatever, I just informed Maciamo, if he wants to modify the map, very well,if he does not want,very well again.

About the 1 - 5% being distributed throughout Albania. Is this accurate?
Have there been tested samples?

If you look how Y DNA is spread in Germany, you see that the concentration of R1B is raising as you are moving towards the Alps and is decreasing in the North.
After physical look, is quite clear South Germans are more Celtic/Gaulish and less Germanic and North Germans, which are a lot more blonde, are more Germanic.
So this physical look and the R1B and the history rather support the idea that R1B-S21 was also spread most by some Gaulish/Celtic people.
There were no Saxon settlers in Neamt county, my paternal grandmother is from there and I have spent plenty of time in Neamt county and Saxon settlers did not came there in such numbers, to explain 7.4% R1B-S21.
But whatever, I just informed Maciamo, if he wants to modify the map, very well,if he does not want,very well again.

I think at the opposite that U-106 as a whole is NOT Celtic, but Germanic. We cannot, since the LN/BA, put all subclades of R1b-L23 in the same bag. R1b-U106 is stronger in North and Northwest Germany than in Southwest Germany. Rhine doesn't seem the highway having distributed U106 haplo's into Germany and elsewhere, not at first. It became this only by the expelling of Celts by Germanics from North IMO.
Maciamo accumulates diverse surveys and I suppose we can rather rely on its %'s.
"Saxons" of Romania were not true Saxons of Sachsen but rather south Germans, according to some study.

This thread has been viewed 132624 times.

Back