guess the haplogroups of famous people

foryouandme

Reaction score
mtDNA haplogroup
Ursula
i know you can't tell what haplogroup a person is just by looking at them or the way they behave etc, but i thought it would be fun just guessing. for example in bryan sykes' book the seven daughters of eve, maria mulder was the guessed model for ursula, jennifer lopez - velda, yasmine le bon -jasmine.

i'll start

madonna - helena

Jennifer Lopez haplogroup V? I doubt it. I'd be guessing an Amerindian (A, B, C) or African (L) for her.

Jennifer Lopez haplogroup V? I doubt it. I'd be guessing an Amerindian (A, B, C) or African (L) for her.

yes, i think that's more possible. i would guess demi moore and johnny depp to possibly be an amerindian mtdna haplogroup.

Attachments

• 220px-Demi_Moore_2010_Time_100_Shankbone.jpg
    220px-Demi_Moore_2010_Time_100_Shankbone.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 175px-Johnny_Depp_%28July_2009%29_2_cropped.jpg
    175px-Johnny_Depp_%28July_2009%29_2_cropped.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 71
Johnny Depp is a Frenchman he is of a Huguenot family. And they entered America the same place and settlement as my family Manikin Town VA.

I believe Madonna has been possibly reading this forum or maybe other DNA forums because she has named her tour MDNA and according to Bella magazine:

BELLA MAGAZINE
Madonna is reportedly so concerned fans could steal her DNA, she has a 'sterilisation team' to clean any dressing room she may have been in while on tour.

I believe Madonna has been possibly reading this forum or maybe other DNA forums because she has named her tour MDNA and according to Bella magazine:

BELLA MAGAZINE

MDNA (MaDoNnA) is a joke on MDMA (ecstasy), a common club drug.

According to wikipedia

Napolean Bonaparte, Adolph Hitler, Albert Einstein, Wright Brothers, Lyndon Bianes Johnson are of Hg E1b1b1 African and Jewish(?) lineage

According to wikipedia

Napolean Bonaparte, Adolph Hitler, Albert Einstein, Wright Brothers, Lyndon Bianes Johnson are of Hg E1b1b1 African and Jewish(?) lineage

"African" probably very distantly in the case of the European origin folks there. Some E1b could have gotten to Europe as early as the Mesolithic, and certainly was there by the Neolithic.

Thanks Sparkey. I always thought that people would cross over the Gibraltar straits and I was right. So R1bs wiped out the E and I people or almost. Could the Basques be a left over of the E people? It is an isolate language as the E people were more or less wiped out. The women folk must have taught the children the language as most Basque males are R1b.

Thanks Sparkey. I always thought that people would cross over the Gibraltar straits and I was right. So R1bs wiped out the E and I people or almost. Could the Basques be a left over of the E people? It is an isolate language as the E people were more or less wiped out. The women folk must have taught the children the language as most Basque males are R1b.

The Basques have the lowest E1b frequency in their region, so it seems unlikely that they're connected to the earliest E1b folks. It's interesting, though, that the Basques have very high I2a1a diversity, and I2a1a is a Paleotlithic remnant with its main expansion alongside western G2a in the Neolithic. So maybe I2a1a with a minority G2a and E1b is the "original" Basque haplogroup collection. I don't know... the Basques are an isolate linguistically and a local isolate genetically, so we don't really have anything to compare to. At this point, we're just guessing.

It is unlikely they wiped out the people. I is the second most common haplogroup family in Europe. It is more likely that I's were a fairly small population to begin with, on the account that they were hunter-gatherers during the ice age, and at best pastoralists before the coming of the neolithic farmers.

In fact, R1b is old enough to say that they were pretty darn early in European history. I don't think they are associated with Neolithic farmers.

With Haplogroup E(-V13), it's a bit unclear: it's possible that it was a Neolithic newcomer, but it's also possible it already arrived in the Mesolithic. As Sparkey said, there's samples of Haplogroup E-V13 from Neolithic Spain, so we know it must have been in Europe since at least the Neolithic. But what is peculiar is that there's little evidence for an ancient presence of Haplogroup I in Mediterranean Europe, so the Mesolithic origin may be accurate.

What is peculiar, of course, is that today, Haplogroup E-V13 is most common on the Balkans (especially in Greece and Albania).

With Haplogroup I, I'd say that all modern lineages are basically Mesolithic survivors inside Neolithic lineages that happened to be greatly expanded by later events: this applies most drastically to Haplogroup I1.

With the Neolithic hunter-gatherers, their dominant Y-Haplogroup appears to have been G2 - it occured in Derenburg, in Treilles, in that Catalonian site, and Ötzi the Iceman too was a bearer of Haplogroup G.

On R1b, I'd say "pretty darn early" is inaccurate: the oldest case of R1b thus far comes from a Beaker-Bell Culture sample from Germany. But I admit that we still have no clue where R1b was earlier and by what route it got to Western Europe.

Taranis is right. All clues seem to show that R1b is fairly recent, at least, in Western Europe (who knows if maybe in Eastern/Southeastern Europe is older). Of course they are not associated with the Neolithic Farmers...some people can't stand with the fact that the so called Farmers were in Europe surely long before any R1b carrier arrived. I think it's time to accept it.

With Haplogroup E(-V13), it's a bit unclear: it's possible that it was a Neolithic newcomer, but it's also possible it already arrived in the Mesolithic. As Sparkey said, there's samples of Haplogroup E-V13 from Neolithic Spain, so we know it must have been in Europe since at least the Neolithic. But what is peculiar is that there's little evidence for an ancient presence of Haplogroup I in Mediterranean Europe, so the Mesolithic origin may be accurate.

What is peculiar, of course, is that today, Haplogroup E-V13 is most common on the Balkans (especially in Greece and Albania).

With Haplogroup I, I'd say that all modern lineages are basically Mesolithic survivors inside Neolithic lineages that happened to be greatly expanded by later events: this applies most drastically to Haplogroup I1.

With the Neolithic hunter-gatherers, their dominant Y-Haplogroup appears to have been G2 - it occured in Derenburg, in Treilles, in that Catalonian site, and Ötzi the Iceman too was a bearer of Haplogroup G.

On R1b, I'd say "pretty darn early" is inaccurate: the oldest case of R1b thus far comes from a Beaker-Bell Culture sample from Germany. But I admit that we still have no clue where R1b was earlier and by what route it got to Western Europe.

I remember seeing a movie or TV show where the an Italian coastal town were regular raided by Muslim Berbers. They have festival and also they have an opera(?). Many Italians have "Arab" blood which really would be Berber(?). The Barbary Coast was encouraged by the Muslim Turks. The Berbers were Hg E and I think they must have had a pirate cove somewhere to raid nearby Italian coastal town. The Balkans were under Turkish rule so they would not object to Muslim Berber pirates.

Don't forget the Roman Empire stretched across North Africa as well. The Romans destroyed the Carthagians and enslved them and I think many Hg E people could be among them. The Roman armies didn't just have soldiers. They must have had slaves to build the roads, forts and camps. Slaves could become free men too so who knows. The Balkans were in the Roman Empire. Also the Roman Empire was a mixer of peoples.

Somerled-R1a
Saint Nicolas II and every president besides Thomas Jefferson-R1b
Thomas Jefferson-T
Sir Francis Drake-R1a

"African" probably very distantly in the case of the European origin folks there. Some E1b could have gotten to Europe as early as the Mesolithic, and certainly was there by the Neolitic.

I agree. There are a few E1b in Norway, too - Norwegian farmer lines. No reason to think any of them were Jewish or Africans.

Somerled-R1a
Saint Nicolas II and every president besides Thomas Jefferson-R1b
Thomas Jefferson-T
Sir Francis Drake-R1a
I doubt that a few presidents were haplogroup I too!

This thread has been viewed 28844 times.

Back