Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62

Thread: Racial classification - Is it racism or racialism?

  1. #26
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dorianfinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-08-11
    Location
    Milos
    Posts
    423
    Points
    7,432
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,432, Level: 25
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-U152 L2*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2

    Ethnic group
    Hellene
    Country: Greece





    Quote Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
    Also, is the need for racial classification something even more instinctive?
    To control something you need to classify it, place it in a box and exercise authority over when and how you would like to use it. Statistics and research is about taking control of the data.

    A person's need for control is directly proportional to their feelings of inadequacy or insecurity.

    The state collects personal details of the man in the street to better control society.
    Companies collect personal information of the man in the street to better control societies spending habits.

    Racial classification is a form of control, we would not be able to extract meaning from our data as easily otherwise.

  2. #27
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dorianfinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-08-11
    Location
    Milos
    Posts
    423
    Points
    7,432
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,432, Level: 25
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-U152 L2*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2

    Ethnic group
    Hellene
    Country: Greece



    People get upset when they feel not listened to. They want to relate to others and racial classification separates people.

    I believe the rationalization that people use to justify racial classification as an attempt to understand 'other people unlike themselves' shows just how far from reality some people are.

  3. #28
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    639
    Points
    5,705
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,705, Level: 22
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Germany



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorianfinder View Post
    It is called rationalization not insightful at all. He simply distanced himself from the emotional aspects.

    He got it wrong IMHO, a natural drive does not make people angry (role eyes or upset). Human nature is to associate not dissociate? To form relationships and to bond with others comes from a basic human drive, not to classify, predict, use numbers, scientific facts and all that snottiness.
    Oh sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough and created some confusion. I'm not sure whether you understood me so I'll try to explain it again.
    First of all I agree with Antigone and also believe that taking distance from other groups of people, dividing between 'them and us', also stereotyping, is a natural drive which exists in every human being. And it has a function, by tying together members of one's own group and thus strengthening the survival of it.
    It does become a problem when sentiments created by this natural drive have an influence on science. Of course, every field of science can be distorted by emotional perceptions, not only racial classification. But in this field the risk of distorting reality is exceptionally high, as describing the group (nation, culture, ethnicity, race etc...) someone belongs to is about the same as describing oneself. So objectiveness is on the brink. But I believe that most 'race scientists' or amateurs are not aware of this. They create numbers and alleged facts out of sentiments, without knowing.

    I think you understood that I was trying to explain how sentiments can be transfered to rational numbers, in order to make them understandable. Well, that would be scientific if someone at least tried to do this conscientiously. But that's not what most race researchers do. What they do is creating facts OUT OF sentiments, which is something completely different and unscientific!

    And as Maciamo already said, categorizing things as such (not only human races) is also an inate drive people use in order to get along with reality, otherwise we wouldn't have any science. But I believe that most people who are obessed with classifying humans didn't take humans just by chance of any subject, but because they are on the search of their own identity and perhaps also of their own value, which of course everyone hopes to be higher than that of others. But people are not aware of this, so when confronted with this question the answer are rolling eyes. Or the reply doesn't fit the question. Most frequent example:
    Q: "Why do you want to classify human races?"
    A: "Science as proved that races do exist!"

    (Well, it might be true, but that wasn't the answer to the question, or was it?)

  4. #29
    Regular Member Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    05-08-11
    Posts
    41


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
    Well the insecurity makes me want to laugh anyway, but sorry Milovan, you are barking up the wrong tree. I may live in Greece, am married to a Greek but am not of Greek ancestry myself.

    As I said, and from my experience, the racial purity angle is BS.

    All balkan nations when they bicker and insult each other you immediately start hearing them call each other turks and gypsies. you want a normally peaceful serb family to want to attack you, tell them they look like turks or gypsies. this works on greeks, romanians, bulgarians, and albanians too. you ever hear serbs and albanians argue with each other?
    the same I find to be true of italians and spaniards when someone says they look north african.

    every greek I've ever met is proud to be greek. is this just because they are stuck that way by birth and make the best of it or are they glad they aren't something else? the same can be said of other nations as well.

  5. #30
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dorianfinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-08-11
    Location
    Milos
    Posts
    423
    Points
    7,432
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,432, Level: 25
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-U152 L2*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2

    Ethnic group
    Hellene
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Mzungu mchagga View Post
    Oh sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough and created some confusion.
    Q: "Why do you want to classify human races?"
    A: "Science as proved that races do exist!"
    This is called a rationalization and in psychological terms highlighted as a 'Defense Mechanism'. Simply stated, you appear threatened by the emotional aspect of racial classification and it is easier for you to express yourself using scientific jargon. It feels safer, you can control it and it distances your personal opinion from the emotional debate. This is what upsets many people, people do not like it when we rationalize or intellectualize their feelings away in one foul swoop!

  6. #31
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    61
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Dorianfinder View Post
    This is what upsets many people, people do not like it when we rationalize or intellectualize their feelings away in one foul swoop!
    Look..
    I mostly talk for myself. The above sentence shows how the trick is done to pretend to speak for a majority.

    Like I said, I am from The Netherlands. My feelings about my country and the people are neutral.
    I know the Dutch have positive but also negative things.
    So, there is absolutely no reason to be proud, of being a Dutchman, or even what appears to be my own ethnic group.

    And, yes, I am a typical left wing libertarian.
    I guess because I make up my own mind.

    People who are afraid of the world, seek company to feel safe.
    It doesn't matter what image the group has, when the group paints their noses blue, they also do that.
    That tribal urge seems to be natural, as a defense mechanism.
    And so we see blue noses fighting red noses within a few days.

    But there is nothing scientific in putting them in a blue nose, or red nose category.
    It's just 2 different cultures.

  7. #32
    Regular Member Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    05-08-11
    Posts
    41


    Country: United States



    I like to make people think outside the box, to stir the pot. I like to use words that there is nothing wrong with but for some reason make people uncomfortable. I do this intentionally, their reactions to it tells me something about them as a person, how they think or you could say their mentality.

    Earlier I used the word mutt when referring to people, if you are offended by that word it tells me something about you, that for some reason you think that is a bad word and you wish people wouldn't use it because of an insecurity to it. I myself am a euro-mutt, my ancestry is from several nations, I am perfectly comfortable with the word mutt. If we were talking about dogs and used the word mutt or let's just say we used the word half-breed, no one would bat an eye but you say the same thing about people regardless if it's true or not or even a joke and you get a reaction. If your dog is a mutt or a half-breed do you have an inferior dog? of course not, then why do these so-called anti-racist types immediately think bad things if you use those same words in a different context? I believe it is their own insecurities that make them uncomfortable, they possibly even look for things to be uncomfortable about.

    The world is turning into George Orwell's 1984 newspeak, when you cannot even talk about things that are blatantly obvious without getting knee-jerk reactions and people instantly judging you because of the words you use. Why does the words "racial classification" instantly bring up bad thoughts? Why can't it be a good thing? The term aryan or IE whatever, highlights similarities between europe and parts of asia. The term caucasian groups europe together with the middle east, north africa and central asia.
    Is that, in and of itself a bad thing?
    When political correctness censors science because it does not like the results, there can be no progress. It has happened before, King Tut's y-dna, Tocharian mummies, many other examples where someone with a political bias trying to stand in the way of science.

  8. #33
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    639
    Points
    5,705
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,705, Level: 22
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Dorianfinder View Post
    This is called a rationalization and in psychological terms highlighted as a 'Defense Mechanism'. Simply stated, you appear threatened by the emotional aspect of racial classification and it is easier for you to express yourself using scientific jargon. It feels safer, you can control it and it distances your personal opinion from the emotional debate. This is what upsets many people, people do not like it when we rationalize or intellectualize their feelings away in one foul swoop!
    Ah, now I got what you mean! This is practically how other people react then on these scientific facts. Yes, I agree!

  9. #34
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    639
    Points
    5,705
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,705, Level: 22
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Germany



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milovan View Post
    I like to make people think outside the box, to stir the pot. I like to use words that there is nothing wrong with but for some reason make people uncomfortable. I do this intentionally, their reactions to it tells me something about them as a person, how they think or you could say their mentality.

    Earlier I used the word mutt when referring to people, if you are offended by that word it tells me something about you, that for some reason you think that is a bad word and you wish people wouldn't use it because of an insecurity to it. I myself am a euro-mutt, my ancestry is from several nations, I am perfectly comfortable with the word mutt. If we were talking about dogs and used the word mutt or let's just say we used the word half-breed, no one would bat an eye but you say the same thing about people regardless if it's true or not or even a joke and you get a reaction. If your dog is a mutt or a half-breed do you have an inferior dog? of course not, then why do these so-called anti-racist types immediately think bad things if you use those same words in a different context? I believe it is their own insecurities that make them uncomfortable, they possibly even look for things to be uncomfortable about.

    The world is turning into George Orwell's 1984 newspeak, when you cannot even talk about things that are blatantly obvious without getting knee-jerk reactions and people instantly judging you because of the words you use. Why does the words "racial classification" instantly bring up bad thoughts? Why can't it be a good thing? The term aryan or IE whatever, highlights similarities between europe and parts of asia. The term caucasian groups europe together with the middle east, north africa and central asia.
    Is that, in and of itself a bad thing?
    When political correctness censors science because it does not like the results, there can be no progress. It has happened before, King Tut's y-dna, Tocharian mummies, many other examples where someone with a political bias trying to stand in the way of science.
    Now you bring up a good point! "Racial classification" is not only about scientific correctness, but also about political correctness.
    First of all, using the word mutt, or also bastard, are no scientific terms and therefore shouldn't be used when we talk intellectually. It is about the same thing Dorianfinder mentioned before, these words have emotional connotations. If you use them you'll get suspected that all of your scientific work is emotionally driven and so without any further importance.
    Further, being called mutt or bastard may be no insult for you, but for most people it actually is considered a form of humiliation. PC was invented to prevent humiliation. Especially in racial classification you can intentionally take a lot of words which are on the dividing line between humilitation and scientifc expression.
    And if you demean or rise the "value" of people in words, then you have also a legitimate reason to treat them according to their alleged value in real life. And that is exactly what the Nazis did during their reign. I don't know exactly what it is like in other countries or languages, but basically all Nazi rhetoric, even if it doesn't sound politically incorrect on first glance, has been abandoned in Germany (e.g. aryan, negro, ethnic hygiene/pest/purity). Yes, in German even the word race as such, has been abandoned. I still have a school book from the year 1989, which shows a map of the distribution of human races (including Nordic, Alpine, Mediterranean etc...). One year later, with the next edition, this map was removed. That was about in the years of the end of the Soviet Union and the German unification, that also the Nazi past was reappraised again. Also the terms "First, Second and Third World" were abolished.
    But basic thing is, you actually can create violence and harm with words!

  10. #35
    Elite member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Antigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-11
    Posts
    451
    Points
    4,009
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,009, Level: 18
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Milovan View Post
    All balkan nations when they bicker and insult each other you immediately start hearing them call each other turks and gypsies. you want a normally peaceful serb family to want to attack you, tell them they look like turks or gypsies. this works on greeks, romanians, bulgarians, and albanians too. you ever hear serbs and albanians argue with each other?
    the same I find to be true of italians and spaniards when someone says they look north african.

    every greek I've ever met is proud to be greek. is this just because they are stuck that way by birth and make the best of it or are they glad they aren't something else? the same can be said of other nations as well.
    So?

    You are talking about differences between various cultures, not various races. Even so, it doesn't have a lot to do with the topic.

  11. #36
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    61
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Mzungu mchagga View Post
    But basic thing is, you actually can create violence and harm with words!
    I agree!
    That is what the consequences are of the hate speak of the lunatic Geert Wilders.

  12. #37
    Elite member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Antigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-11
    Posts
    451
    Points
    4,009
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,009, Level: 18
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Greece



    It is not only the use of offensive words and their consequence. There is something a bit creepy about someone who says they deliberately use hateful words just so they can see the reaction those words create.

  13. #38
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    61
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Of course.
    But my father told me that every racist word you use, is a brick in the wall of a Nazi concentration camp.
    He fought for liberty.
    So I have to do that also.

  14. #39
    Banned Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    23-01-11
    Location
    Moscow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    242
    Points
    2,872
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,872, Level: 15
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 8.0%


    Ethnic group
    Northern Russians - Slavonic & Finno-Ugric mixture, but hell it's just my guesses
    Country: Russian Federation



    I believe that racial classification have sense because races have different characteristics, far not only different skin colour.
    For example in sport: blacks always were very good runners, basketball players while white europoids & asians often dominate in strength kinds of sports, gymnastics etc... is not it real racial differences? And list does not end with sports.

  15. #40
    Elite member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Antigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-11
    Posts
    451
    Points
    4,009
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,009, Level: 18
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Greece



    A definition and explanation on the word race from a dictionary.

    race 1 (rs)
    n. 1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
    2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
    3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
    4. Humans considered as a group.
    5. Biology a. An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
    b. A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.

    6. A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.

    [French, from Old French, from Old Italian razza, race, lineage.]
    Usage Note: The notion of race is nearly as problematic from a scientific point of view as it is from a social one. European physical anthropologists of the 17th and 18th centuries proposed various systems of racial classifications based on such observable characteristics as skin color, hair type, body proportions, and skull measurements, essentially codifying the perceived differences among broad geographic populations of humans. The traditional terms for these populationsCaucasoid (or Caucasian), Mongoloid, Negroid, and in some systems Australoidare now controversial in both technical and nontechnical usage, and in some cases they may well be considered offensive. (Caucasian does retain a certain currency in American English, but it is used almost exclusively to mean "white" or "European" rather than "belonging to the Caucasian race," a group that includes a variety of peoples generally categorized as nonwhite.) The biological aspect of race is described today not in observable physical features but rather in such genetic characteristics as blood groups and metabolic processes, and the groupings indicated by these factors seldom coincide very neatly with those put forward by earlier physical anthropologists. Citing this and other pointssuch as the fact that a person who is considered black in one society might be nonblack in anothermany cultural anthropologists now consider race to be more a social or mental construct than an objective biological fact.

  16. #41
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    61
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Anton, Bear's den View Post
    I believe that racial classification have sense because races have different characteristics, far not only different skin colour.
    For example in sport: blacks always were very good runners, basketball players while white europoids & asians often dominate in strength kinds of sports, gymnastics etc... is not it real racial differences? And list does not end with sports.
    No, it's not true.

    People develop talents in any direction.
    Combined with the environment where a kid grows up, it's natural that some sports prevail in a certain area.
    Again, it has nothing to do with race, but only with culture.

    Why are the Dutch lousy ice hockey players? They skate very well, and they are also good football players.
    The answer is their lenght, not their race. The Dutch are simply to tall to play ice hockey.
    They can't sprint and stop, make the fast moves.

    Just look at the way a human is built, and you know what sports he/she may be good in.

    It's odd to tell this to a Russian, because the Soviet sports were based on this system.

  17. #42
    Banned Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    23-01-11
    Location
    Moscow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    242
    Points
    2,872
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,872, Level: 15
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 8.0%


    Ethnic group
    Northern Russians - Slavonic & Finno-Ugric mixture, but hell it's just my guesses
    Country: Russian Federation



    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    No, it's not true.

    People develop talents in any direction.
    Combined with the environment where a kid grows up, it's natural that some sports prevail in a certain area.
    Again, it has nothing to do with race, but only with culture.

    Why are the Dutch lousy ice hockey players? They skate very well, and they are also good football players.
    The answer is their lenght, not their race. The Dutch are simply to tall to play ice hockey.
    They can't sprint and stop, make the fast moves.

    Just look at the way a human is built, and you know what sports he/she may be good in.

    It's odd to tell this to a Russian, because the Soviet sports were based on this system.
    I just watched that video


  18. #43
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    61
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Yes, I told you ..

    But David Duke is just selling a book.
    I told you the real story for free. It hasn't much to do with genetics how kids develop, but a combination of factors.
    I have young Italians seen riding a motorbike up a mountain, like only the best off road champions can do.
    They grew up with it.
    When I was young in wintertime, I could skate faster than anyone else. Why? We have little lakes. With much grass peeking through the ice. I am 1.75 m.. An advantage on bad ice. Taller guys fell again and again.
    Again, I rode a motorbike years ago with -18 degrees Celcius without a problem. Other people freeze to death.
    I can resist cold better than warmth.

    So, it's partly genetic, partly cultural, partly physical.
    People develop in so many directions, but sports emphasize only a small part of it.
    That's why sports are not relevant to compare people.

    And another thing.. Never believe an American, or Englishman.
    Hidden racial propaganda all over the place!

  19. #44
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    639
    Points
    5,705
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,705, Level: 22
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Germany



    quote:
    "Without white people, America wouldn't have become the greatest nation on earth!" (David Duke)

  20. #45
    Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,884
    Points
    19,519
    Level
    42
    Points: 19,519, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c PF3881+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Do some Europeans consider David Duke reputable? That would be news to me. He's ignored over here.

  21. #46
    Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,884
    Points
    19,519
    Level
    42
    Points: 19,519, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c PF3881+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    And another thing.. Never believe an American, or Englishman.
    Hidden racial propaganda all over the place!
    That's some funny hypocrisy, Reinaert. Don't you notice it?

  22. #47
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    61
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    That's some funny hypocrisy, Reinaert. Don't you notice it?
    No. I am serious about that!
    Both Americans and English write a book for earning money, telling the greatest nonsense.
    Dan Brown?
    Need I tell more? Books about Apocalypse, 2012?

    All hogwash!

    Americans and English are lacking a feeling of scientific honor.
    Sorry to say that.

    And it is indeed in the Anglo-American world where racism was first accepted as a normal behavior.
    George Washington was indeed a slave trader! You can't deny that!

  23. #48
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    639
    Points
    5,705
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,705, Level: 22
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Do some Europeans consider David Duke reputable? That would be news to me. He's ignored over here.
    I've never heared about him before. But after I saw the first video I couldn't resist also watching David Duke's other videos. Though some thoughts seemed to be reasonable at first, he later turned out to become funnier and funnier. I can't understand how someone can seriously quote him.

  24. #49
    Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,884
    Points
    19,519
    Level
    42
    Points: 19,519, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c PF3881+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    Dan Brown?
    Need I tell more? Books about Apocalypse, 2012?
    Dan Brown exists, therefore you should never trust an American or an Englishman because they're all racist? That doesn't seem to follow to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    Americans and English are lacking a feeling of scientific honor.
    Sorry to say that.
    There are undercurrents of rejecting science in segments of American and English culture. OK. But we're still not a bunch of racists because of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    And it is indeed in the Anglo-American world where racism was first accepted as a normal behavior.
    George Washington was indeed a slave trader! You can't deny that!
    Huh? The Portuguese were trading slaves before the English. Have you heard of John Hawkins? He effectively started the English slave trade by capturing Portuguese ships.

    And Washington was a slave owner who freed his slaves in his will.

    That's not to excuse Americans and the English for past crimes, but there's little unique about them that warrants telling everyone to never trust them.

  25. #50
    Elite member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Antigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-11
    Posts
    451
    Points
    4,009
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,009, Level: 18
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Mzungu mchagga View Post
    I've never heared about him before. But after I saw the first video I couldn't resist also watching David Duke's other videos. Though some thoughts seemed to be reasonable at first, he later turned out to become funnier and funnier. I can't understand how someone can seriously quote him.
    I hadn't heard of him either, now I'm sorry I have. What a plonker.

    Besides, I'd never trust a person whose teeth are whiter than their shirt!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dating preference across racial groups
    By Maciamo in forum Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-06-14, 23:40
  2. Racism
    By smurf in forum Other Serious Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 20-01-14, 09:04
  3. Racial Humour, Funny or Not?
    By mad pierrot in forum Other Serious Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-12-13, 10:36
  4. Racial recognition gene located on chromosome 7
    By Maciamo in forum Autosomal Genetics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-05-10, 06:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •