Politics Northern Kosovo

Elias2

Reaction score
With problems escalating there between the albanians and serbs, wouldn't the best solution be that nothern kosovo join with serbia? Why hasn't this simple solution been raised yet?

Because Albanians and they NATO allies do not won to give north Kosovo to Serbia( there is Trepcha mine, and there is also Albanian villages) , some of Serbian politicians propoused this solution ( Ivica Dačić- he also proposed joining of Kosovo and Albania ) but it was not oficial state politic because they dont won to loose diplomatical standpoint ( Kosovo as part of Serbia ) which is already tin( if they agree with south Kosovo independence what is they moral, political and any other reason to not keep North) .
Albanians calculate the would be able to force rest of Serbs out of Kosovo ( like they did with 100.000 of Serbs that are refugies in Serbia )

Again today NATO troops can not pass from one territory to another,

while neither Kossovo (Albanian site) Police,

Seems like Kossyfo is already 2 countries, while only in pappers the unity exists,

I guess the division of the territory to 2 parts and each join its mother country is a must,

the case reminds Moldavia and Hyperdneisteria at its worst form

In the Nothern part of Mitrovica there are Albanian villages (who by the way have been frequently attacked by civilians Serbs throughout the last 10 years). Regarding the Serbian population there, it is documented in the city archives that a massive number of those have migrated from different parts of Serbia after the '99 war, thus making a fallacious number of the "native population" in the Northern part of Ibër. Those who managed to buy flats from Albanians never really made it to change the name of the owner in the city archives in the southern part of Ibër, thus making those homes a juridical property of the given Albanian/s.
Serbs on this case have been rather violent in the latest maneuvers by attacking civilians and KFOR soldiers, which is documented through different videos, a few of those having been uploaded to youtube.
In reference to Bodin's say that at some point in history there has been a massive migration of Serbs from Kosovo, I would kindly ask for some documents (and I mean archive documents..) to prove of that.
On the other hand I do have some archival documents that prove the expulsion of Albanians from Kosovo in different periods in time, but for the time being I shall provide a well-known historical fact to most of us, that I fear needs to be reminded:

"The first systematic ethnic cleansing of Albanian-Muslims by the Serbs started in the year 1878. Namely, with the resolutions of the Berlin Congress in 1878, Serbia became independent and territorially stretched towards the south. Thus, in her frame then entered Nis, Pirot, Leskovac, Vranje and Prokuplje.(Vasa Cubrilovic, The Emigration of the Albanians: Roots of Greater-Serbian Aggression, pg.117). The entire Albanian-Islamized population that was expelled from these parts settled down on the territory known today as Kosovo."

In the Nothern part of Mitrovica there are Albanian villages (who by the way have been frequently attacked by civilians Serbs throughout the last 10 years). Regarding the Serbian population there, it is documented in the city archives that a massive number of those have migrated from different parts of Serbia after the '99 war, thus making a fallacious number of the "native population" in the Northern part of Ibër. Those who managed to buy flats from Albanians never really made it to change the name of the owner in the city archives in the southern part of Ibër, thus making those homes a juridical property of the given Albanian/s.
Serbs on this case have been rather violent in the latest maneuvers by attacking civilians and KFOR soldiers, which is documented through different videos, a few of those having been uploaded to youtube.
In reference to Bodin's say that at some point in history there has been a massive migration of Serbs from Kosovo, I would kindly ask for some documents (and I mean archive documents..) to prove of that.
On the other hand I do have some archival documents that prove the expulsion of Albanians from Kosovo in different periods in time, but for the time being I shall provide a well-known historical fact to most of us, that I fear needs to be reminded:

"The first systematic ethnic cleansing of Albanian-Muslims by the Serbs started in the year 1878. Namely, with the resolutions of the Berlin Congress in 1878, Serbia became independent and territorially stretched towards the south. Thus, in her frame then entered Nis, Pirot, Leskovac, Vranje and Prokuplje.(Vasa Cubrilovic, The Emigration of the Albanians: Roots of Greater-Serbian Aggression, pg.117). The entire Albanian-Islamized population that was expelled from these parts settled down on the territory known today as Kosovo."

maybe I agree with you but more south were alo Serbian villages, who went refuggees elsewhere,

yes indeed there are Albanian villages in North parts as also was the opposite in south,

an exchange of population of 20-30 000 people is better solution than a continues boom situation,

rememebr Greece and turkey found some peace after an exchange,

every body knows that alnbaians are majority in kossyfo, but from that to a continue boom status and the danger to expand north to bosnia or south to fyrom, it is better to exchange some villages,

and personally i believe that must be done while UN KFOR is still there, cause if they leave then the smell of sulfur will rise again I believe,

the situation is dangerous there, only clear boarders can solve it,

except if some want to earn from wars,

This thread has been viewed 8729 times.

Back