Ötzi-mania

"I2" females: it's to say: the previous females of the Y-I2 male bearers group! (short cut!) surely you had understood?

Yes I have.

The point you are making is surely a valid one. A continuous influx of autosomals from female side can rapidly change ones autosomal results.

The second point is whether autosomals also influence craniometry and anthropological traits in the same fashion (and rapidly). And I think you are right here. It could have changed G2 original traits very fast. But then, this could have changed anyone's original traits.
This produces an underlying problem that undermines anthropological results in finding "original types" of haplogroups (It still holds value in differentiating ethnicities and therefore can be used as a supplemental tool to help find the answer) .The question arises: What are then the "original traits" of some group?, and can we be sure which are those.

What is then I2 or R1b original trait. Can we say this could have happened with Group I when encountering neanderthal females. Can we also consider these I2 women to be a kind of vector for transfering original neanderthal autosomals.

I myself come from the male line which is 99,9 % blue eyed and pale white. Concerning this I thought, I was going to be I1. And yes, I like I1 aura. I can identify with them. But then when I found out my Y dna is G, I found even more similarities, (psychological) and to some extent physical (my observations), and am very happy finding my tribe. Also I have found out that even my G1 kin from Assyria is just like his brother rather pale and blue eyed. Considering where they live it is quite unusual.

This made me think whether you are basing your conclusions too much on a perception that G came from Levant, especially with the fact that Armenia shows 0,90 in percentage of G types while Azerbaijan is the second highest. I myself like the way ideas are debated here, and I have some affinity towards Maciamo's way of thinking, but Levant is a bit too much for me to comprehend as a G starting point.
I have a problem with G alone coming from Levant. It is rather strange to be that uniform in terms of settlers - so called, farmers HGs. It looks like it came from some place G was in majority (my opinion). Also Yemen and Oman had much of recent settlers from tribes such as Brahui, Pathans and especially Baluch where some types of G are elevated.

Last edited:
I agree with you concerning the weak links between autosomals and Y-DNA HGs after human groups mate one together and cross themselves at high scale: here some drifts or biased social conditions (male elites or the contrary if one) can cut the ancient statistical links off (bzetween genes of same previous group origin)
about Y-G, I believe it's from an area not to precisable for now, between W-Anatolia and W-India-Pakistan - what remains true is that Y-G2 was among the Cardial AND Danubian Neolithic farmers at the beginning, in Europe... (I think Y-E1bV13 was stronger enough among Danubian ones than among Cardial) -
to keep on doing bets, I should say (I put no money on it) that the 'mediterranean' ('sardinian') component could be (before) associated with Y-I2* + downstreams, and 'S-W-asian' or 'red sea' with Y-E1b ... some traits among the COON's 'danubian gracile mediterranean' type seam confirm that (a Palestinian origin or stage)
BY THE WAY I NEVER ESTIMATE THAT Y-I COULD BE ASSOCIATED WITH NEANDERTHALIAN FEATURES (influences by crossings? maybe, but why only Y-I?)
thanks for your suggestions

BY THE WAY I NEVER ESTIMATE THAT Y-I COULD BE ASSOCIATED WITH NEANDERTHALIAN FEATURES (influences by crossings? maybe, but why only Y-I?)
thanks for your suggestions

I know you did not. It was my assumption based on your idea concerning female side influences and Maciamo's posts about neanderthal/homo sapiens crossings. IMO it offers a better (more plausible) scenario for human forms differentiation, in such a short (in evolutionary terms) timetable concerning all sons of F.

I just used haplogroup you mentioned in your post as an example. I think interbreeding with human forms begun in the middle east. So this hypothesis concerns all sons of F and all HGs in general, and offers a clue for human forms variations we nowadays recognize as distinct anthropological features in HGs.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 176065 times.

Back