Autosomal map : Mediterranean admixture (from Dodecad)

It depends on the plot: 23andme is different, this one is different, Doug McDonalds plot is different too...etc., etc. The only thing it represents is that they are isolated, not necesarily the most Southwestern people. I'm 100% sure they are not.

It's even difficult to fit this population with components. They get very different results from a test to another.

those blue on the top part are sardineans
MDS1600.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It depends on the plot: 23andme is different, this one is different, Doug McDonalds plot is different too...etc., etc. The only thing it represents is that they are isolated, not necesarily the most Southwestern people. I'm 100% sure they are not.

It's even difficult to fit this population with components. They get very different results from a test to another.
All the plots are pretty much the same, the same pattern. If you look at the McDonald map, is almost the same as 23andMe but 90 degrees to the right, like this :

mcdonald2.png

Yes, like this it's pretty similar. What I meant is that the meaning is just isolation, not necesarily pure Southwestern.

Going back to the thread, the Bosnian girl accepted me. I'll check the values and propose her to join Dodecad.

Last edited:
Interesting map!

I believe that the Mediterranean admixture in most folks in Asia & Africa is not from Europe!
If it was from Europe, 'Northwest European admixture' was there in very high ammounts too!

I believe that the Mediterranean admixture in Asia is Semitic/Jewish and native to the Levant, since it's very high among the native people of the Levant, but Northwest-European-admixture is almost abscent there! So it's not from Europe!

I mean these 2 maps don't correlate with each other outside Europe!

Mediterranean-admixture.gif

Northwest-European-admixture.gif

Since Northwest-European-admixture is very rare in the Levant, I came to the next conclusion:

Mediterranean admixture = native to South Europe (Europeans) + native to Africa (north Africans) + native to the Semites from the Levant (like Jews, Assyrians, Lebanese etc.)

Think about it and please share your thougts!

Since Northwest-European-admixture is very rare in the Levant, I came to the next conclusion:

Mediterranean admixture = native to South Europe (Europeans) + native to Africa (north Africans) + native to the Semites from the Levant (like Jews, Assyrians, Lebanese etc.)

I think the Mediterranean element represents Paleolithic Southern Europeans while in Europe, West Asian and to a lesser extent Southwest Asian represent Neolithic movements from the Near East (and simultaneously North African components would come in small amount into Southwest Europe).

I think the Mediterranean element represents Paleolithic Southern Europeans while in Europe, West Asian and to a lesser extent Southwest Asian represent Neolithic movements from the Near East (and simultaneously North African components would come in small amount into Southwest Europe).
Thank you for your reply!

But there's just way to much Mediterranean admixture in Africa. Also Semites who are originaly from the Levant, like Jews, Palestinians, Jordanians, Assyrians, Lebanese have very much of these admixture too, while non-semitic folks in the region, like Iranians and Caucasians don't have that much of it.

I mean Jews have for about 35% of it while Adygei only 8,3%.

Is the Mediterranean admixture JEWISH, since it's the most important and biggest component in them?

Thank you for your reply!

But there's just way to much Mediterranean admixture in Africa. Also Semites who are originaly from the Levant, like Jews, Palestinians, Jordanians, Assyrians, Lebanese have very much of these admixture too, while non-semitic folks in the region, like Iranians and Caucasians don't have that much of it.

I mean Jews have for about 35% of it while Adygei only 8,3%.

Is the Mediterranean admixture JEWISH, since it's the most important and biggest component in them?

I don't think so because it is also the largest component in Italians and Greeks. Also North Africans and Iberians have it too in great amounts so maybe it is a pan-Mediterranean component.

I don't think so because it is also the largest component in Italians and Greeks. Also North Africans and Iberians have it too in great amounts so maybe it is a pan-Mediterranean component.
I do agree with you!

I don't think that Mediterranean component belongs exclusively to South Europe, but also belongs (is native) to Africans and Semites in the Levant.

I think in Europe it is South European.
In Africa it's African.
And in the Levant it's Semtic.

Accroding to me it would make more sence if they would split Mediterranean admixture in 3 parts: Mediterranean-S_Euro, Mediterranean-Afro and Mediterranean-Asia!

I do agree with you!

I don't think that Mediterranean component belongs exclusively to South Europe, but also belongs (is native) to Africans and Semites in the Levant.

I think in Europe it is South European.
In Africa it's African.
And in the Levant it's Semtic.

Accroding to me it would make more sence if they would split Mediterranean admixture in 3 parts: Mediterranean-S_Euro, Mediterranean-Afro and Mediterranean-Asia!

I'd like to see Southwest as opposed to Southeast Europe quantified.

Yeah, that would be even greater!

Because I think what would happen is, Iberia would be strongly a mixture of NW European, SW European, with minor North African, whereas Greece would be a mixture of SE European, East European, and West Asian, with Italy depending on the region differing in one or the other direction.

Because I think what would happen is, Iberia would be strongly a mixture of NW European, SW European, with minor North African, whereas Greece would be a mixture of SE European, East European, and West Asian, with Italy depending on the region differing in one or the other direction.
Ok.

I guess that folks from Southwest Europe, would have 75% of Southwest European Mediterranean component, 15% of Southeast European Mediterranean component and 10% of African Mediterranean component.

While people on the other part of the sea in the Levant, like Labanese would have 70% of Asian Mediterranean component, 15% of Southeast European Mediterranean component and 15% of African Mediterranean component.

Interesting map!

I believe that the Mediterranean admixture in most folks in Asia & Africa is not from Europe!
If it was from Europe, 'Northwest European admixture' was there in very high ammounts too!

I believe that the Mediterranean admixture in Asia is Semitic/Jewish and native to the Levant, since it's very high among the native people of the Levant, but Northwest-European-admixture is almost abscent there! So it's not from Europe!

That's exactly why I also think that the Mediterranean admixture comprises some non-European element present as much in the Middle East as in North Africa. The only one that matches these criteria is E-M78. However I am pretty sure that the Mediterranean admixture can be split in two or even three separate admixtures, just like the Northwest European. This should split more neatly the E-M78 component from the I2a (+ G2a ?) component in the Mediterranean admixture.

Assyrians are not from the Levant.

I can't understand the insistance to put such non European element in the Mediterranean admixture, when there are the same or more evidences to do so in the West and the East European. I agree the Mediterranean cluster can be devided in two, but not necesarily must include haplogroup E. MtDNA in North Africa could perfectly explain the Mediterranean element there.

Some subclades of J2 (J2b and perhaps another one) and G2a subclades can perfectly fit in an Eastern Mediterranean element.

Last edited:
Maciamo congratulation for another great work but there are some amendments. The Mediterranean element in reality reaches 20-21% all the way into West Iran. I myself know one person from the border of Iran-Iraq he has 22% Mediterranean. Just like many scientist had found out earlier the Zagros seems like a barrier of Iran.

The red points show where this individual is from. And inside the black framed border, there is definitely 20-21% Mediterranean from my observation and the results I have seen so far. The reason why the Kurd_D cluster has only 19,8% is because there are only 5 individuals in that project so far and one of them is rather an outsider.

Maciamo congratulation for another great work but there are some amendments. The Mediterranean element in reality reaches 20-21% all the way into West Iran. I myself know one person from the border of Iran-Iraq he has 22% Mediterranean. Just like many scientist had found out earlier the Zagros seems like a barrier of Iran.

The red points show where this individual is from. And inside the black framed border, there is definitely 20-21% Mediterranean from my observation and the results I have seen so far. The reason why the Kurd_D cluster has only 19,8% is because there are only 5 individuals in that project so far and one of them is rather an outsider.

Iraq was the only country missing in the data list from the Middle East, so it's good to know. Does the person you know from the Iraq-Iran border have a Dodecad number ? If not could you send me a PM with the admixtures percentages ?

This thread has been viewed 104804 times.

Back