Autosomal map : European admixture (from Dodecad)

All those results are nonsense for an ethnic North Italian. The only explanation is that you have unknown ancestry, or you're simply using a genotype file with just a few markers covered by the tests...in other words, perhaps you didn't test your "full genome" (AIMS), and you are testing whatever thing we still don't know LOL.

..what do you mean by a recent admixture , what number of years are we talking about......I have a continous family line trail to northeast Italy until the 18th century, then a broken trail to northeast italy from the 15th century.

Admixture changes significantly when recombination takes place, approximately 50% of your genome belongs to the most recent recombination event, namely when your mother's Autosomal DNA was introduced to your genome. This means that admixture can become very fragmented after 5 or 6 recombination events (5/6 generations ago) leaving very little trace of older Autosomal DNA.

If a component is scarce in a region (Altaic in Venice); then we can assume that a strong signal was introduced recently, between two to five generations. It can take a single recent recombination event to significantly alter one's admixture. In most cases women are the carriers of the alternative markers.

All those results are nonsense for an ethnic North Italian. The only explanation is that you have unknown ancestry, or you're simply using a genotype file with just a few markers covered by the tests...in other words, perhaps you didn't test your "full genome" (AIMS), and you are testing whatever thing we still don't know LOL.

I do not understand what you mean.

I uploaded by Gedcom from ftdna ( 37 marker) into gedmatch........the only thing I did not include was the optional choice of ethnicity ( which I left vacant) asked by Gedmatch............should I include this? Will it change anything. ?

Admixture changes significantly when recombination takes place, approximately 50% of your genome belongs to the most recent recombination event, namely when your mother's Autosomal DNA was introduced to your genome. This means that admixture can become very fragmented after 5 or 6 recombination events (5/6 generations ago) leaving very little trace of older Autosomal DNA.

If a component is scarce in a region (Altaic in Venice); then we can assume that a strong signal was introduced recently, between two to five generations. It can take a single recent recombination event to significantly alter one's admixture. In most cases women are the carriers of the alternative markers.

So, let me understand something.......My grandmother is a Baseggio , which is one of the 26 families that where founders of venice in 462CE approx, are you saying that her line dating back very far gave me the north italian?
or would my greatgrandmother Amadio ...give me the germanic component because she was mixed with the germanic and veneti people in the alps of north italy
or
my direct mother which comes from veneto just near tyrolese austrian border

Anyway , when I get the SNP finally tested it seems it will not give me anything regardless if it leans to norwegian or british matches ( lucky I did not pay for it, lol)

here is dodecad.

Again I state , that these admixtures are fantasy based on known markers in there database ( pity there is no world wide union of this data)

1W_Africa45.39
2Europe19.89
3S_Africa10.92
4E_Africa8.14
5Biaka7.72
6SW_Asia3.68
7Mbuti2.41
8NW_Africa1.85

note....no or little central or SW asian

and the population below , and ........I cannot find any negroid in my ancestors or myself, father etc etc
172.8% Kongo + 27.2% North_Italian @ 6.37
274% Fang + 26% North_Italian @ 6.95
372% Bamoun + 28% North_Italian @ 7.19
472.6% Kongo + 27.4% Tuscan @ 7.42
573.8% Fang + 26.2% Tuscan @ 7.91
678.6% Fang + 21.4% French_Basque @ 7.98
771.8% Bamoun + 28.2% Tuscan @ 8.07
877.7% Kongo + 22.3% French_Basque @ 8.17
977.1% Bamoun + 22.9% French_Basque @ 9.46
1070.8% Kaba + 29.2% North_Italian @ 9.66
1170.5% Kaba + 29.5% Tuscan @ 10.29
1269.3% Hausa + 30.7% North_Italian @ 11.14

so, to conclude, it seems we as individuals can satisfy our needs or phobias by hunting for a company that gives you the results you want............tell me what value is this?
These cannot be the results of a north-italian LOL. there is an error here, you either used another person's file or your raw data is not really yours. And it's not about "hunting for a company that gives you results you want" since all the results are the same, betwee admixture runs (be it Eurogenes, Dodecad, McDonald or genetic studies such as Rasmussen or Behar)

I do not understand what you mean.

I uploaded by Gedcom from ftdna ( 37 marker) into gedmatch........the only thing I did not include was the optional choice of ethnicity ( which I left vacant) asked by Gedmatch............should I include this? Will it change anything. ?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that this test only concerns haplogroups (Y-DNA and/or Mt-DNA). So if I'm right, you did not upload a full genotype file, just a few markers. Hence, those results are totally spurious and mean nothing (lack of thousands of ancestral markers). Dorian knows more than me about FtDNA, let's see what he says.

These cannot be the results of a north-italian LOL. there is an error here, you either used another person's file or your raw data is not really yours. And it's not about "hunting for a company that gives you results you want" since all the results are the same, betwee admixture runs (be it Eurogenes, Dodecad, McDonald or genetic studies such as Rasmussen or Behar)

LOL, your funny!

First of all , Sparkey knows all my results and ftdna number , he can see my closest markers are a Mr. Parker from Kent and others from the british isles.
Secondly, I am trying to prove here that these admixture formulas are a load of guesses by these companies and surely a waste of time .........unless as stated, I should have put italian in the ethnic optional box in Gedmatch which might change something.

If my gedcom is in error then its Ftdna fault and not what I have done.

Just understand , I am not paranoid about where I am from because I know all of us came via africa or middle-east.

Some cultures are too paranoid about this, I find, portugese, english, italian, swedes, finns and are not so paranoid as other cultures ( unwilling to name them), based on this forum and other forums like, rootsweb, ftdna, igenea etc etc

So, let me understand something.......My grandmother is a Baseggio , which is one of the 26 families that where founders of venice in 462CE approx, are you saying that her line dating back very far gave me the north italian?
or would my greatgrandmother Amadio ...give me the germanic component because she was mixed with the germanic and veneti people in the alps of north italy
or
my direct mother which comes from veneto just near tyrolese austrian border

Anyway , when I get the SNP finally tested it seems it will not give me anything regardless if it leans to norwegian or british matches ( lucky I did not pay for it, lol)

sory Baseggio or Basaggio?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that this test only concerns haplogroups (Y-DNA and/or Mt-DNA). So if I'm right, you did not upload a full genotype file, just a few markers. Hence, those results are totally spurious and mean nothing (lack of thousands of ancestral markers). Dorian knows more than me about FtDNA, let's see what he says.

Ok, then is this genotype file done by Ftdna via ? the finder calculator.

Maybe my T project manager who is guideing me, can eventually give me some answers

but this below is the only FTDNA map for T
http://www.arslanmb.org/ArmenianDNAProject/subcladetmapupdated.png
I fall in the friuli area if you are interesed and also I am tested L131 positive which is also seperated on the map

thanks for info....my motto...always learning

Ok, then is this genotype file done by Ftdna via ? the finder calculator.

Maybe my T project manager who is guideing me, can eventually give me some answers

but this below is the only FTDNA map for T
http://www.arslanmb.org/ArmenianDNAProject/subcladetmapupdated.png
I fall in the friuli area if you are interesed and also I am tested L131 positive which is also seperated on the map

thanks for info....my motto...always learning
Well, according to what you say, you CAN'T test your admixture proportions. It seems you only tested your Y-DNA with maybe some additional markers. That's the reason why you get such impossible results, because you didn't test the thousands of ancestral markers required to get reliable figures. The problem are not the tests, I can assure you they usuallly work (specially Dodecad and Eurogenes, I wouldn't pay attention to the others at the moment), so I think if you want to know your admixture proportions you'll have to get a full genotype file: in the range of 700.000 - 1.000.000 markers aprox.

You can get this via FTDNA, 23andme, etc.

LOL, your funny!

First of all , Sparkey knows all my results and ftdna number , he can see my closest markers are a Mr. Parker from Kent and others from the british isles.
Secondly, I am trying to prove here that these admixture formulas are a load of guesses by these companies and surely a waste of time .........unless as stated, I should have put italian in the ethnic optional box in Gedmatch which might change something.

If my gedcom is in error then its Ftdna fault and not what I have done.

Just understand , I am not paranoid about where I am from because I know all of us came via africa or middle-east.

Some cultures are too paranoid about this, I find, portugese, english, italian, swedes, finns and are not so paranoid as other cultures ( unwilling to name them), based on this forum and other forums like, rootsweb, ftdna, igenea etc etc
You are not fooling anyone. There are as much chances of seeing a cow flying than a native North-Italian getting 45% west-african on a DNA test...are you really sure what you took was a Autosoma Admixture run ?? (thousands of SNP's )

I add that the option of telling the program your ethnic background wasn't available before, and the analysis worked (even if slightly different, because Gedmatch uses a different seed compared to Dodecad, Eurogenes, etc.). Also, when using DIY Calculator, there's no way to tell about your origins, and the major components are always reflected. But of course, spreadsheet results are always far more accurate than Gedmatch or DIY software.

@ zanipolo
There is a possibility that your data file was partially downloaded onto gedmatch (incomplete). When the file is incomplete the bychr function (by-chromosome) should indicate that only the first and perhaps 2nd chromosomes were downloaded. I would suggest running the file on a home pc first and then compare with the same calculator using gedmatch, to make sure that the gedmatch file was downloaded properly.

If you need assistance running your file I can do this for you. You may have to contact gedmatch and request that your file be deleted so that you may try downloading it again.

I add that the option of telling the program your ethnic background wasn't available before, and the analysis worked (even if slightly different, because Gedmatch uses a different seed compared to Dodecad, Eurogenes, etc.). Also, when using DIY Calculator, there's no way to tell about your origins, and the major components are always reflected. But of course, spreadsheet results are always far more accurate than Gedmatch or DIY software.

thanks for this ,

But gedmatch does use 4 companies, Dodecad, Eurogenes, happa??? and I think MLDP or something like this. My results are all over the place. and also their eye test based on your genes which is supposed to be 90% plus accurate was 0% accurate for me.

Maybe it was my data presented to Ftdna of my 220 continous ancestry names ( my father and mothers line) in which I excluded all the place and date of births which could also cause some issue ....especially on the mothers side.
BTW- 10 hours ago, I received information that my fathers line can now be stretched back to reflect info written in 1639 by a Pietro Giovanni Capriata ( i will need to confirm this).....will this change anything if I add these missing details and dates and birth places in Ftdna or others?

Then again , my marker is too small to give an accurate set of data

On that note - I will retract my comment on these admixture programs until I gain this extra info and test them.

Again , thanks for clearing this issue of admixtures

@ zanipolo
There is a possibility that your data file was partially downloaded onto gedmatch (incomplete). When the file is incomplete the bychr function (by-chromosome) should indicate that only the first and perhaps 2nd chromosomes were downloaded. I would suggest running the file on a home pc first and then compare with the same calculator using gedmatch, to make sure that the gedmatch file was downloaded properly.

If you need assistance running your file I can do this for you. You may have to contact gedmatch and request that your file be deleted so that you may try downloading it again.

what info do you need or how do I run my file ?
Will updating Ftdna information change this because they only thing ftdna has confirmed for me is HG T1b* L131+ P327- all other markers they say "could be positive". Maybe this is why my project manager are paying for the new L446 and L447 tests

I did resend my ftdna info again to gedmatch yesterday ( after my written dialog in this forum) and obtained another number, I now have 2 there. My reason is because I continualy update my ancestry tree ( which is 220 names both sides of the family) . I am going to see my parents today to get further info from my mother who gave me an ancestor name older than what I placed in ftdna , name is Minotto ( a quick check on the net and he was the ambassador for venice in Constantinople when it fell in 1453. I am not saying they are associated )

@ zanipolo

Have you done the Family Finder at FTDNA? I am referring to the Family Finder data file.

To my understanding he didn't...xd

@ zanipolo

Have you done the Family Finder at FTDNA? I am referring to the Family Finder data file.

no, I was advised not to do it until all my SNPs are done

EDIT -
I am talking about this
Re: National Geographic and Family Tree DNA Announce Geno 2.0

Geno 2.0
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/about/

* Does not include STRs -- does not replace Y37/Y67/Y111 tests
* Does not predict family relationships -- does not replace Family Finder
* Is not a full mitochrondial sequence -- does not replace FMS
* Contains no medical information (avoid wrath of Big Brother)

* If pre-ordered from National Geographic, will ship no later than 30 Oct, but expected to go out in early September
* 6-8 weeks for results, no waiting list expected
* FTDNA customers will have the option to test an existing sample at an upgrade price. Link will appear on the myFTDNA page if the kit is eligible (late summer, early fall)

* Does replace the current Deep Clade tests
* No cost to transfer results from National Geographic to FTDNA
* 12,000 Y SNPs
* 3,352 mtDNA SNPs (if you see 32,000 referenced, they are referring to the number of probes necessary to accurately sample 3,352 mtDNA SNPs)
* Some 130,000 autosomal and X-chromosomal Ancestry Informative Markers, derived from roughly 450 populations around the globe
* Focus is deep ancestry, not finding relatives
* Raw data will be available for download
* Reference population data will be downloadable
* 400 WTY and 500 Y Samples were tested as proof of concept -- 5,291 new nodes found to add to the haplotree

Per Thomas Krahn:
* Cutoff on Y SNPs was rough Nov 2011; new DF, L, Z SNPs found after that won't be included [but will be in a future custom chip update]
* Not all "known" Y-SNPs will be available -- "not all SNPs can be typed on a chip"
* Spencer Wells has a paper pending; once that is published, information on markers being tested will be available via Thomas's db. [this fall for the paper??]

This is the new thing in ftdna and although it does not replace family finder I was told it was the better way to go.......unsure at the moment as I await my results before reading into it

http://genealem-geneticgenealogy.blogspot.com.au/

In eurogenes , they state that gedmatch and supportmix show genetics for your tests as far back as neolithic times, apparently if you want a test for a few hundered years then use 23andme

http://bga101.blogspot.com.au/2012_08_01_archive.html

So, with this info one needs to eveluate in which direction he wants to gather his/her data and for what purpose.........

This thread has been viewed 206381 times.

Back