Updated all autosomal maps

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have added the new data from Yunusbayev et al. (Caucasus, Ukraine, etc.) on all the maps based on the Dodecad admixtures. I have received a few admixtures from Croatia and Bosnia as well, which allowed me to revise a bit the map for that region too.

You will see that I have guessed the admixtures for the Kalmyks from the north-western shore of the Caspian Sea. They are almost 100% East Asian for both Y-DNA (except for 1% of hg G) and mtDNA, so I ruled out any European or Middle Eastern admixtures, except for 1% of West Asian. I also represented the Chuvashs and the Mordovians in the central Volga region, the Kazakhs (also inferred) due north of the Caspian, and the Turkmen on the north-eastern shore of the Caspian.

Good work! Excellent effort!

I still don't understand the shade in Southwestern Iberia, since all the Spanish and Portuguese tested are more than 36% West Euro...

I still don't understand the shade in Southwestern Iberia, since all the Spanish and Portuguese tested are more than 36% West Euro...

Iberia is in the 40-50% Northwest European, except the south-east which is slightly under 40% (the average for Portugal is 39%, but apparently because of members from South Portugal). Actually the average for Spain is 41%, so I expect some regions to be slightly under 40% too, but I don't know which ones.

Ok, I have serious difficulties to distinguish the shades. Thanks xd

Which shade is the mediterranean in the northern tip of North-Africa ? Should be 20-30 (northern moroccans have 28%).
Also the African map still has not updated Basques (0.3% African)

Great work, Maciamo. It's also really good to see all of the admixture maps assembled on one page, that way it's much easier to spot common patterns.

Iberia is in the 40-50% Northwest European, except the south-east which is slightly under 40% (the average for Portugal is 39%, but apparently because of members from South Portugal). Actually the average for Spain is 41%, so I expect some regions to be slightly under 40% too, but I don't know which ones.

The 23 & me northern and central Portuguese I know all tested over 40% Northwest Euro. I know another northerner who sampled with a university lab in Boston and he came out at just over 61%. The same software as Dodecad was used. His family, however, is from a region that usually married within their locality and was settled in the 10th century by Danish Vikings and Normans. He's going to do 23 & me and submit to Eurogenes, Dodecad and McDonald.

Which shade is the mediterranean in the northern tip of North-Africa ? Should be 20-30 (northern moroccans have 28%).
Also the African map still has not updated Basques (0.3% African)

North Morocco is 20-30%, but the northernmost tip is over 30%, like Algeria and Tunisia.

In relation with the Northwest European map, some Iberians sometimes get slightly less than 40%, but, if you have a look, they usually have higher East European than the average when this happens. Considering the East European in Iberia can't be listed over 1-5% range, I don't think it's necessary to change much zones in the Peninsula.

Splendid job! I've spotted one typo, Southwest Asian map title says West Asian.

This thread has been viewed 11865 times.

Back