Dienekes has just released a new European calculator for the Dodecad Project. It doesn't use the same admixtures as the k=12. The new admixtures are :
- Caucasus : really specific to the Caucasus, especially the North Caucasus. It combines part of k=12's West Asian and Mediterranean admixtures. It's interesting to note that the Argyll Scots have the highest percentage in Europe (9.2%) before the South Italians, then come the Dutch and the Irish just ahead of the Greeks and the Brits. So it looks like there were two migrations from the North Caucasus, one to Greece, and the other to the Netherlands and the British Isles. I noticed before that the Dutch have more haplogroup J2 (6%) than the Belgians or (4%) or the Germans (4.5%). The highest percentage of J2 in the world is to be found among the Chechens (56%) and Ingush (88%) in the North Caucasus. Coincidence ?
- Southeastern : Comprises mostly the total of the West Asian and Southwest Asian admixtures, but adding some Mediterranean and removing the Caucasus element above.
- Southwestern : Correspond mostly to the slightly downsized Mediterranean admixture minus the Caucasus. For example, the Irish, who scored 21% Mediterranean now have 7.2% Caucasus and 10.2% Southwestern.
- Northeastern : a very similar Balto-Slavic admixture to the East European of the k=12, but much more amplified to get rid of as much West European interference as possible.
- Northwestern : Ditto but with the West European of k=12.
- African : quite close different from the total of Paleo, Neo, East Africans but without the Northwest African component.
- Far_Asian : it may look as a combination of Northeast Asian and Southeast Asian, but it's not. The Finns and Turks both score a bit higher on the new Far Asian.
These new admixtures confirm a few interesting points :
- The Sardinians have no (North) Caucasian ancestry despite of their elevated percentage of G2a (15%) and J2 (10%). They correspond here to the Southeastern Europe admixture, peaking in Armenia, Anatolia and Greece. The Sardinians are also the only Europeans completely lacking the Northeastern admixture.
- The Basques also lack the Caucasian admixture, but have a much lower percentage of Southeastern, which is in agreement with the low percentage of G2a, J1 and J2. Only traces of Northeastern admixture (0.4%).
- Even after purging East Europeans from the West European admixture, the Lezgins , Kumyks and Chuvash still show a considerable level of Northwestern European (13%, 11.5%, 19%) in accordance with their relatively high level of R1b for their region.