Modern Assyrians (split from "Were the Aryan who ruled the Mitanni"...)

Green = Kurds. Kurds of Iraqi origin, and Zaza Kurds. And, sorry, this is what I thought he had stated in his thread on ABF. I thought he was definitively Zaza. But, he is Alevi, with "possibly some Zaza."

"Alevi Kurds from Dersim (possibly some Zaza), with oral ties to Khorasan."

All of the Assyrians participating identify as such. Whether they attend the Chaldean Catholic, Syriac Orthodox, or Nestorian Church.

Ok good I understand. Like I mentioned before. People usually have a wrong picture of demographics in the East. The area is pretty hard mixed between Kurmanj-Zaza. Dersim alone has 30% Kurmanj speakers, while 65% are Zaza.

This thread, frankly, is ridiculous. And I am not speaking in particular about you, Che. Although I absolutely, in the strongest sense, disagree with your suggestion that Adiabene was Kurdish. Why are we arguing about costumes, when we have genetic data right in front of our eyes?

Humanist how has genetic proven Adiabene being anything? I simply wrote that Arabs called Adiabene, Akrad Al -Adiab and its not only the costumes. It isnt hard to connect and assume that Izates II ruling exactly were Kurds live today, being Iranic , wearing the same costume and even the name Izates (still exists as Izzet among Kurds) had most probably a connection to the Kurds in that area. Most probably the ancestor of them. However Adiabene was as much Kurdish as it was Assyrian. Namely almost zero. Adiabene was a Roman province were Kurdish ancestors and Assyrians lived under rulers changing from Roman to Parthian.

Cobol19, you were right. There simply is no point trying to discuss things with that other individual.

Disagree; Goga is passionate about topics and gets worked up, but I've helped to change his mind on a different topic before. This one may be too personal for him, though.

Back on topic, Goga was asking about Assyrian deep ancestry, so this may be as good a place as any to bring up Assyrian Y-DNA R1b. It's quite common among Assyrians and is a clade that cuts unexpectedly close to Western IE clades (L23+ but L11-). Does its introduction to the population predate the distinct Assyrian ethnicity, I wonder? I suspect that the fact that it is L11- indicates that it is not along an IE line, but is rather just about the closest non-IE R1b cousin we can get to the IE Western Europeans. That could help narrow down a couple of interesting problems: the origin of Western European R1b, and the earliest genetic input into the Assyrians.

Disagree; Goga is passionate about topics and gets worked up, but I've helped to change his mind on a different topic before. This one may be too personal for him, though.

Agree. I had the same passion not too long ago. However when I smell trol.ing, it comes up again.

I wonder why some people do not see this

attachment.php

Kreter-Patras-1.png

pontioi3.jpg

Kurds Cretans Pontians-Greeks (Black sea rumlar)

the difference is the below

Baltimore,+Hopkins+AIA+B8.image

Scythians always wear a uniform in every pic
and sometimes a hat like that

images

That hat is also known as Phrygian hat
very famoys among Makedonian army, with the every day Kaysia,

MacedonianHelmet.jpg

220px-Antialcidas_Indo_Greek_coin.jpg

even Alexander wears the Phrygian hat
lionhunt.JPG

the common of these population is also in Linguistic since are considered same time developed IE (LPIE)

the name for Cretans was Κουρητες Curetes or Quretes, an old name for Kurds is Qurtie
Kuretes are mentioned that went from Crete to Northern Greece and even more far to Illyria Dalmatia area were Brygians later developed
Kuretes means dancers
and from all cultures, especially the kurds who read my post, know that many Kurdish,Pontic and Cretan dances are almost the same,
the common among these population in gennes?

you figure out,

all I know is J2a I2a and R1a
remember that Greek language and Iranian language share the same ancestor,

thank you

BTW I don't believe that Kurds have connection with Assyrians but with Qurtie and Phrygian and Northen Iranic populations

Yes Kurds are traditionally known throughout the Near East for their dances and costumes.

Kurds usually wear pointy heads see in the video

some Photos. Kurdish
cavalryman from 1730 picture drawn by a German.
stockphotopro_17300KAQ_0400000220.jpg

Kurd from Caucasus with typical red pointy head.
kurdman_1780_engravings.jpg

some variation of pointy heads among Kurds today.
heads.jpg

Last edited:

There's no room for personal passion when it comes to DNA facts, the dude needs to calm down and stop being paranoid, if he reads something he does not agree with he starts accusing people of being anti-Iranic or whatever, it's a personal issue, not a Kurdish issue, because we generally (Myself and Humanist) have great respectful discussions with other Kurds on different forums.

Back on topic, Goga was asking about Assyrian deep ancestry, so this may be as good a place as any to bring up Assyrian Y-DNA R1b. It's quite common among Assyrians and is a clade that cuts unexpectedly close to Western IE clades (L23+ but L11-). Does its introduction to the population predate the distinct Assyrian ethnicity, I wonder? I suspect that the fact that it is L11- indicates that it is not along an IE line, but is rather just about the closest non-IE R1b cousin we can get to the IE Western Europeans. That could help narrow down a couple of interesting problems: the origin of Western European R1b, and the earliest genetic input into the Assyrians.

This may be a Neolithic connection, from what I know, the Assyrian R1b that resembles Western European R1b's is R1b1b2a1c, I'm not sure whether this specific subclade exists in Europe or not.

all I know is J2a I2a and R1a
remember that Greek language and Iranian language share the same ancestor,

I won't go into detail but I will say that these haplogroups are not only connected with Indo-European languages, mind you, I2a is absent in Asia, meaning it had no connection with the major Iranian umbrella.

I won't go into detail but I will say that these haplogroups are not only connected with Indo-European languages, mind you, I2a is absent in Asia, meaning it had no connection with the major Iranian umbrella.

I2a exist in west Iranian population,

comparing Iranian population we find them from minor asia to deep central Asia,
Now when we speak about Iranian populations of today it is different with Iranian population of Past,
in another thread there is much talk and debate about I2 in West Iranian population,
the case of Kuretes who travel from Iran to Greece to central Balkans Dancing and fighting could be connected with the spread of IE language,
Besides these types of dances, as also the uniform clothes are common in J2a populations and DO NOT exist in north West European R1b or North East Europe R1a,
these circle dances that can be found from Balkans to Kalash come from relative and parallel cultures,
HG is not a nation, moving of Haplogroups creates Nations and culture,
Iranians are not the same Nation with Greeks and Kalash etc but maybe all share a culture ancestor in south of caucas,

There is a fine line between being passionate, and being disrespectful. This gentleman, from my perspective, has crossed that line a number of times. This includes instances where the issue being discussed pertained to Assyrians, or where an Assyrian forum member was engaged in the discussion. There is no need for it. Both Cobol19 and I respect and support the Kurds, and their pursuit for an independent homeland. But, there are Kurds (and there are Assyrians of the same ilk), who, for whatever reason, have an exceedingly myopic take on certain issues related to genetics. This may be due to an insufficient understanding of the subject, or a problem of a different sort. Whatever the case, I do not appreciate it. Regardless from which direction it comes. Be it Assyrian or Kurd.

R-L584 is swallowing up a significant chunk of our R-M269 haplotypes. R-L277 (or however it is later defined), may do the same, albeit not to the same extent. Thus far, only Armenians, Assyrians, Cohanim, and a man identifying as a "Turk of the Alevi faith," have tested positive for R-L584. The handful of European men have tested negative. Iraqi Arabs have also tested negative for the SNP.

Many populations in the ME have not been studied. But, significant R-M269 frequencies, from whatever data is available, does not appear to be limited to Armenians and Assyrians in the ME.

Relatively high frequencies of R-M269 among certain populations of NW Iran were found in a study from a couple of years ago. Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2009 Dec;4(1):e53-5. Epub 2009 Jun 5. A Y-STR database of Iranian and Azerbaijanian minority populations.

For Y-DNA data on N Syrian Alawites ("Eti" Turks), now living in Adana, Turkey: Dönbak L., Bajanowski T., Brinkmann B., Hohoff C. (2006), 'Y-STR haplotypes in populations from the Eastern Mediterranean region of Turkey', Int J Legal Med 120(6), 395-396

For recent Y-DNA data on Druze, now living in Israel: Nadia Al-Zahery , Maria Pala , Vincenza Battaglia , Viola Grugni , Mohammed A Hamod , Baharak Hooshiar Kashani , Anna Olivieri , Antonio Torroni , Augusta S Santachiara-Benerecetti and Ornella Semino (2011), 'In search of the genetic footprints of Sumerians: a survey of Y-chromosome and mtDNA variation in the Marsh Arabs of Iraq,' BMC Evolutionary Biology

The Druze, in the Al-Zahery paper referred to above (N=37), were 49% R-M269. The N Syrian Alawi, in the 2006 paper (N=104) on East Med populations of Turkey, based on 9-STR haplotypes put through Whit Athey's predictor, came out ~35%-40% R1b(likely R-M269), with more than half carrying DYS393=13.

A few Caucasian populations may also have similar rates of R-M269. See Balanovsky et al., and Yunusbayev et al.

There is a fine line between being passionate, and being disrespectful. This gentleman, from my perspective, has crossed that line a number of times. This includes instances where the issue being discussed pertained to Assyrians, or where an Assyrian forum member was engaged in the discussion. There is no need for it. Both Cobol19 and I respect and support the Kurds, and their pursuit for an independent homeland. But, there are Kurds (and there are Assyrians of the same ilk), who, for whatever reason, have an exceedingly myopic take on certain issues related to genetics. This may be due to an insufficient understanding of the subject, or a problem of a different sort. Whatever the case, I do not appreciate it. Regardless from which direction it comes. Be it Assyrian or Kurd.
You're a wolf in sheep's clothing. You're a cheater and a liar.

All you do is manipulating data to make Assyrians look native to Kurdistan and Kurds not. I know your agenda, but you will not succeed with your amateurish propaganda. Why? Because it's way to absurd and miles away from the reality.
Every historical achievement in Kurdistan was done by Assyrians, right?

With some hocus-pocus you connect Assyrian DNA to Kurdistan. And make Kurds alien to their own homeland. But under what conditions? Every person with some brains knows that. Too bad that most Kurds don't have brains (otherwise Kurds would waged a big war against Turkey, Syria and Iran now, since they're still in denial of Kurdish rights. Also most Kurds don't understand that if they want free Kurdistan they must liberated it by force, because nobody will it give it to Kurds voluntary. Millions of Kurds MUST die.)

Buddy, you're a cheater and a liar. Deep in you heart you hate Kurds with all you passion. You're a racist. That's why I don't respect you and your people and I will never respect them. How can I respect somebody who hates me?

And believe me and always remember that there're folks who are smarter than you! Once again, you're a wolf in sheep's clothing!

Aaaand infraction. Let's tone down the rhetoric here and get back to talking about Assyrian genetics.

All you do is manipulating data to make Assyrians look native to Kurdistan and Kurds not. I know your agenda, but you will not succeed with your amateurish propaganda. Why? Because it's way to absurd and miles away from the reality.
Every historical achievement in Kurdistan was done by Assyrians, right?

It is true that Humanist did "manipulate" and false interpreted Kurdish DNA a time ago to make them look as foreigners but he did already apologies for this openly on the Assyrian board Forum-Biodiversity. You shouldnt put Humanist or especially Cobol in the same category as the frustrated Admin of Biodiversity Elias, who did ban me because of an ironic remark I made towards a hateful tro.l while a Turkish User who constantly called another member Bi... and me son of a .... did not even get a warning even though I reported him 5 times!

It is true that Humanist did "manipulate" and false interpreted Kurdish DNA a time ago to make them look as foreigners but he did already apologies for this openly on the Assyrian board Forum-Biodiversity. You shouldnt put Humanist or especially Cobol in the same category as the frustrated Admin of Biodiversity Elias, who did ban me because of an ironic remark I made towards a hateful tro.l while a Turkish User who constantly called another member Bi... and me son of a .... did not even get a warning even though I reported him 5 times!

For the record, Humanist did not do such thing, his information consisted data analysis from Dr. McDonald (Who is very respected and well known by the genetic communities online), it was not Humanist who placed Kurds in Northwest Iran, it was Dr. McDonlad, if anyone is not happy with that, they can go argue with him, then again, he's probably a wolf in sheep clothes too :LOL:

To be precise and on topic, Dr. McDonald's analysis places the Kurds in Northwest Iran (Which were mostly Iraqi Kurdish samples) with the exception of one Kurdish sample (Zazaki) that ended up in East Turkey (Around Agri province), the Assyrians are a little west of the Kurdish samples in North Iraq, in historical terms, Northwest Iran was known as Madai and North Iraq as Assyria, seems like Dr. McDonald's analysis seems very close to the truth.

Off topic, but I had to post it before I forgot.

@Yetos more Kurds with Scythian/Phrygian pointy heads.

headp.jpgheadpr.jpg

There's nothing to say about the ancient Assyrians. I mean everything is well known about them. They're far from an enigma.

They're northern Semites that are mixed with the Hurrians and Kurds.

I've got a question for the Assyrian fellow members on this site. Do you guys think that you're related to the ancient Mitanni & Guti? Please, I really want to know that...

For the record, Humanist did not do such thing, his information consisted data analysis from Dr. McDonald (Who is very respected and well known by the genetic communities online), it was not Humanist who placed Kurds in Northwest Iran, it was Dr. McDonlad, if anyone is not happy with that, they can go argue with him, then again, he's probably a wolf in sheep clothes too :LOL:

wrong, read here.
http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showpost.php?p=302246&postcount=54

He indeed had a bias against Kurds. We dont claim that he did false "Genetic§ studies on Kurds but that he indeed did interpreted the Results false.

To be precise and on topic, Dr. McDonald's analysis places the Kurds in Northwest Iran (Which were mostly Iraqi Kurdish samples) with the exception of one Kurdish sample (Zazaki) that ended up in East Turkey (Around Agri province), the Assyrians are a little west of the Kurdish samples in North Iraq, in historical terms, Northwest Iran was known as Madai and North Iraq as Assyria, seems like Dr. McDonald's analysis seems very close to the truth.

You know as much as me, that Dr. McDonald places all samples a bit too far East. All samples used so far were actually from Iran and Iraq. Even the one Kurd from Anatolia tested before had his origins documented from Northwest Iran. Even ethnologists placed the origin of his tribe (Sinemli) in North Iran who settled in Central Anatolia.
Read here
http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showpost.php?p=528599&postcount=36
His dialect is more close to Kurmanji from Northwest Iran than Anatolia. So it is no surprise that Zert is the only Kurd so far, who is placed by Dr. Mcdonald on Anatolia. Simply because he is the only real Anatolian Kurd tested so far.

And like I mentioned he is not a Zazaki Speaker. I already had to explain this Humanist. Please red my former comments. Dersim might be in majority settled by Zazaki speaking Kurds but 30% (almost ever third) is Kurmanji speaking.

North Iraq in his first step was never called "Assyria" but Hurria-Mitanni, Gutium. In second step Assyria and in third Median confederation. The Time line lies so much in the past that it seems very absurd to discuss about which Empire first appeared in North Iraq. Everything b. c. is very old in this area and can be seen as native.
Please Cobol19 dont start with this kind of things. And like I said Madai were only a confederation build up by tribes who early moved into this Region like Gutians, Hurrians, Scythians, Cimmerians and so on.

It is true that Humanist did "manipulate" and false interpreted Kurdish DNA a time ago to make them look as foreigners but he did already apologies for this openly on the Assyrian board Forum-Biodiversity
He apologized because his lies were caught by others. But if he wasn't caught and if others didn't conceal his lies he would never apology!

Remember Kurds have no friends but mountains. If somebody is friendly against you, it's for his/her purposes (own good). He wants something from you. And never trust an Armenians or an Assyrian. They trully HATE Kurds. Believe it or not when I went to college here in Amsterdam an Assyria guy was my classmate. We became never friends and I felt his hatred toward me.

You can trust a Turk, but a Turk will only accept you if you say that you're Turkish and the whole world (from Japan to the USA) is Turkish too. And Iranians are much worse than Turks...

Goga have you ever thought why?

First try to answer the Question why even Today Kurds are divided,
the story of Kurdistan reminds me the story of Greece at Ottoman's time,

Greek were divided to those who expect Venice to Help them,
to those who trusted Ottomans and have agreement with them,
to those who expected God and church to help them,
to those who expect nothing more than a bread every day to eat, and did not care,

the problem is inner and you know it, and not from outside,

This thread has been viewed 55924 times.

Back