Wilhelm

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celtiberians
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-S26
mtDNA haplogroup
H1
To Maciamo : Seems like Taranis and LeBron are having fun sending me infractions everyday, only because I like to speak the truth. I am not doing anything different than I did in the past, and certainly im not going to change a slight, so if they don't like what I say, they just have to put me on their ignore list. I hope you can address this problem.

Hm... you have gotten two warning-level infractions (0 points), and only one actual infraction, which seemed deserved. I can't speak for Maciamo but I don't think the other new mods have been doing poorly.

Hm... you have gotten two warning-level infractions (0 points), and only one actual infraction, which seemed deserved. I can't speak for Maciamo but I don't think the other new mods have been doing poorly.
Deserved ? Only because I pointed out something true in the thread of the Southwest-Asian Dodecad map.

Deserved ? Only because I pointed out something true in the thread of the Southwest-Asian Dodecad map.

If you only respond about the comments/links given in the post and not at the person giving it , you will be OK

To Maciamo : Seems like Taranis and LeBron are having fun sending me infractions everyday, only because I like to speak the truth. I am not doing anything different than I did in the past, and certainly im not going to change a slight, so if they don't like what I say, they just have to put me on their ignore list. I hope you can address this problem.

Let me get this straighted out: first, I don't have fun sending infractions - like at all, and second, from the perspective of moderation I don't care in the slightest wether what you say is the truth or not. It just borders on ******** when you go into a thread (even if it's actually a related topic, such as autosomal Southwest Asian DNA) and claim again that there is no non-European influence whatsoever on the Iberian penninsula, which you did in the past few previous posts elsewhere (notably the now-locked Celts of Iberia thread). Actually, to quote myself from said Celts of Iberia thread:

I'm growing tired of these endless discussions between non-Iberian board members arguing the non-Europeanness of Iberians and Iberian board members denying any bit of non-Europeanness of Iberians. I think that these discussions are not only totally pointless but also borderline racist. On top of that this has very little to do with the original thread topic, which is the Celtic-speaking peoples of the Iberian peninsula.

Also, let me get this very clear: it's nothing personal against you. What applies to you applies to other board members as well.

Let me get this straighted out: first, I don't have fun sending infractions - like at all, and second, from the perspective of moderation I don't care in the slightest wether what you say is the truth or not. It just borders on ******** when you go into a thread (even if it's actually a related topic, such as autosomal Southwest Asian DNA) and claim again that there is no non-European influence whatsoever on the Iberian penninsula, which you did in the past few previous posts elsewhere (notably the now-locked Celts of Iberia thread). Actually, to quote myself from said Celts of Iberia thread:
Seriously, you are inventing things, you have paranoia. What I said on the Southwest-Asian thread, which is based on Dodecad participants, is that the only Southern-Portuguese there has 0% Southwest-Asian which is TRUE !! It's not my fault that he has 0%. And then you send me an infraction because you didnt like that truth.

That wasn't even the one that actually got you dinged points, the one that got you dinged points was:

It is clear what your agenda is Oreo. Enough of this bullshit. The post of Dean is 100% clear.

You can view your infractions by going to "My Profile" and clicking on the "Infractions" tab. If it's yellow, it's not worth any points. If it's red, it will say how many points it is on the right.

That wasn't even the one that actually got you dinged points, the one that got you dinged points was:
Yes, that one I got an infraction too , here you have :

Dear Wilhelm,

You have received a warning at Europe Forum.

Reason:
-------
Disruptive/provocative behaviour

Wilhelm, I'm growing tired of your denial about even the slightest bit of non-European influence on the in Iberian penninsula. Your only purpose in that thread was to to do exactly that. I've given more than one informal warning in the Celts of Iberia thread, now you leave me no other choice but to give you an infraction.
-------

Original Post:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=383361
Something about the map in Iberia : There is only one southwestern Iberian and he has 0% SW-Asia

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Europe Forum

Seriously, you are inventing things, you have paranoia. What I said on the Southwest-Asian thread, which is based on Dodecad participants, is that the only Southern-Portuguese there has 0% Southwest-Asian which is TRUE !! It's not my fault that he has 0%. And then you send me an infraction because you didnt like that truth.

Honestly, it does not matter in the slightest wether what you state is true or false, or if I agree with your views or not. My own personal views do not, and indeed should not, affect my judgement as a moderator. And I find that the behaviour posting in a thread to avidly pursue a topic in rather trοllish manner about which said poster already started a flame war in other threads as a practive that is highly inappropriate. This is why you received a formal warning. Not because I agree with you or not (and mind you: I stated actually basically agreed with you in the Celts of Iberia thread where I gave the formal warning to both sides).

I have to add: if I gave you the impression that it was personal, I would hereby like to humbly apologize for that, because I can assure you that wasn't my intention.

Whatever. Knovas and Cambria have read all my posts, ask them If I have behaved trollish like you say.

I think oreo doesn't create the mentioned posts to provoke anybody, although I understand some participants can use the posts to have fun with strange agendas. Well, that's not important.

As I said in the other posts, I think Maciamo used the haplogroup frequencies (¿J2?) to list Southwest Asian in a slightly higher range. In my opinion it's possible he'll have to change it as more samples come, but for the moment there's not much to do there.

The observation made by Wilhelm is true, I don't think it's enough to put an infraction. I think the correct option is explain why is the range listed this way when the only sample available does not correlate. And finally, I assume that if Wilhelm recived an infraction, users like Atila with a Pathological denial insistance, have also recived several of them. I think it's not necesary to quote posts we all read a few days ago, it's very easy to recognize the behaviour I mention.

I think oreo doesn't create the mentioned posts to provoke anybody, although I understand some participants can use the posts to have fun with strange agendas. Well, that's not important.

As I said in the other posts, I think Maciamo used the haplogroup frequencies (¿J2?) to list Southwest Asian in a slightly higher range. In my opinion it's possible he'll have to change it as more samples come, but for the moment there's not much to do there.

The observation made by Wilhelm is true, I don't think it's enough to put an infraction. I think the correct option is explain why is the range listed this way when the only sample available does not correlate. And finally, I assume that if Wilhelm recived an infraction, users like Atila with a Pathological denial insistance, have also recived several of them. I think it's not necesary to quote posts we all read a few days ago, it's very easy to recognize the behaviour I mention.

I would like to elaborate this: first off, Wilhelm received only a warning-level infraction from me, and not a proper infraction. The parts where Wilhelm received proper infraction (from Maciamo and LeBrok, respectively) were justified (the former even predates my time as moderator). As for Attila, this was the Celts of Iberia thread. I gave two informal warnings, regarding both sides of the discussion, and LeBrok eventually locked down the thread, thus laying the case as acta. Thus there was no need for further warnings in my opinion.

The case where LeBrok gave a proper infraction to Wilhelm was absolutely justified.

The case where LeBrok gave a proper infraction to Wilhelm was absolutely justified.
Of course it was not justified. A typical anti-spanish latino guy like Canek was obviously t.rolling (saying in a thread dedicated to Andalusian cheeses that nobody cares about spanish cheese, and I said to him that nobody cares about his opinion, that was the right thing to do, to anyone with a minimal sense of defense ) and his second infraction was only because I used the word bullshit, when everyone uses it quite often. It's obvious you guys want me out because I reveal too much truths (specially in genetics ,like in the thread of the Celts of Iberia).

PD: Anyways, I know what kind of person LeBrok is, I've been here longer than you, and his record of anti-spanish posts is quite large. He is not the most indicate person to teach me lessons.

Of course it was not justified. A typical anti-spanish latino guy like Canek was obviously t.rolling (saying in a thread dedicated to Andalusian cheeses that nobody cares about spanish cheese, and I said to him that nobody cares about his opinion, that was the right thing to do, to anyone with a minimal sense of defense ) and his second infraction was only because I used the word bullshit, when everyone uses it quite often. Please, you guys want me out because I reveal too much truths (specially in genetics ,like in the thread of the Celts of Iberia).

Excuse me, what? For the recorded, I supported your position against Atilla regarding the legacy of the Celts in Iberia. I think that the accusation that I have an anti-Iberian stance of some sorts completely unfounded. Also, I do not want anybody out, not you or anybody else.

Of course it was not justified. A typical anti-spanish latino guy like Canek was obviously t.rolling (saying in a thread dedicated to Andalusian cheeses that nobody cares about spanish cheese, and I said to him that nobody cares about his opinion,...
...and you ended it with GTFO (or something similar), right?

Infraction was not only for language, but also for clearly ignoring that warning from previous day.

Now you are playing innocent? Wilhelm, stop whining and start playing within the rules.
In case you've forgotten that there are any on Eupedia forums, here they are:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/announcement.php?f=31

There are users who come here just to pursue idiotic anti-Spanish / Iberian agendas. Such individuals are generally intellectually dishonest and should not only be given infractions but permanently banned. Insults directed at other members need to be dealt with but so do the absurd lies and distortions some members inveterately spread on Eupedia about Iberians. The playing field needs substantial adjustment.

There were quite few people banned for that reason already, weren't they.
With newly hired moderators situation will only improve.
Rest assured, we are watching. :83:

I think in general terms the new moderators are an improve. It's true that time ago LeBrok had strange interventions, as for example claiming I was Lynx to put some discredit in me. That was really bad, simply false, so I understand Wilhelm's point of view.

Anyways, I don't want problems. I hope the forum will get better.

Special thanks to sparkey. He checked some IP's from very suspicious users, showing he really wanted to pay attention at some strange behaviours. This seemed to be forgotten, and now the probabilities to catch fraudsters are notably increased.

Taranis and Sparkey were very good choices as moderators. I like them both.

I think the moderators chosen are good. ..........when the horse bolts ( forum ), the driver ( moderators) needs to restrain it hard, before slowly releasing it to gain the freedom to gallop.

The voting system is bad .........i am too controversial ( annoy people ) to have a vote gain

This thread has been viewed 17130 times.

Back