The elusive non-Germanic I1

i forgot to mention its only found in england

any takers......not sure if this would quillify for germanic or not

what do you all think of i1as7eL121+, L123+, L124+, L125+, L1274+, L1275+, L157.1+, L186+, L187+, L343+, L345+, L64+, L75+, L80+, L81+, L840+, M253+, M91+, P30+, P40+,
here is some snps thanks

Those SNPs define you as "I1". You would need to get further tests to determine if you were I1a1, I1a2, I1a3, I1a4, etc.

any takers......not sure if this would quillify for germanic or not

It could be anything... but all bets are on Germanic or something along those lines?

i believe it defining markers are L1274 and L1275

anybody got any ideas about the snps that turned up negative

any body know if the negatiuve snps make this look more like germanic or non germanic

317706_2443511247096_296264300_n.jpg

i believe it defining markers are L1274 and L1275

"L1274 and L1275 are approximately at M253. Listed 1 December 2012." - ISOGG 2013 Haplogroup tree
http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpI.html

anybody got any ideas about the snps that turned up negative

The SNPs that are negative look like a lot of the SNPs that define the subgroups of I1. If you are negative for DF29 you will be "I1*".

any body know if the negatiuve snps make this look more like germanic or non germanic

Hard to say, but somewhere down the line at some point in your tree on many sides (and probably your yDNA line) was some Germanic peoples.

I also wonder about i1p in the british isles?i1as7e is located mostly in Yorkshire and in south west england

What's the situation with I1 SNP grouping M227? Could this be the link between I and the later lines of I1 (or maybe the bridge between I1 and I2?)

also ken knordvedt has the tmrca for i1p,i1as4 and i1 as7e to be about 2700 yrs ago

What's the situation with I1 SNP grouping M227? Could this be the link between I and the later lines of I1 (or maybe the bridge between I1 and I2?)

M227 is interesting because it's on the same branch as I1-P/AS4/AS7E, the one with the non-Germanic feel to much of its distribution, but it's a greater outlier than the others, and its TMRCA is older than all the others put together. So even though we may be having visions of all kinds of interesting populations when looking at its erratic distribution ranging from the West Country of England to Tatarstan, it may be that multiple migrations and populations are responsible for it. Unfortunately, it's not really common enough to get more specific about, AFAIK.

I commented about it before, and not much has changed since then:

sparkey said:
I'm not sure we know enough yet about I1-M227 to be entirely sure about it, but it looks promising to have expanded from east of the Germanic core area. As with all I1, we'll need to stay geographically to the North in our analysis of where it launched from. Since it currently has a distribution from Ukraine to Sweden, and into Lithuania, my best guess right now is a connection with what is now northern Poland. Nordtvedt gives it a TMRCA of 3000 YBP. I'm not sure yet what populations match that pattern.

im thinking i1as7e ,and i1as4s parent clade might came with the celts I don't think there was any i1 there before then,i think the parent clade came to the isles when the celts mingled with northern folks(pre-Germanic).the parent clade would have been in the isle before anglo Saxons,but I don't think it came before the celts its seems there would be a lot more non Germanic i1 if it did.thanks

after talking to mr.knordvedt today it does seem that i1as7e and i1as4 are pre Anglo-Saxon,he also mentioned another one,i1 df29*

This thread has been viewed 110675 times.

Back