King George V son = my grandfather??

All academic re the topic of succession anyway ..... I'm not making any claim!

Regards,
Brad

All academic re the topic of succession anyway ..... I'm not making any claim!

Regards,
Brad

True, true. Still, it would have been cool.

This was a very interesting project, no doubt.

I have now added a new webpage to my website that lists and links all the ~600 King's and Prince's who share the "Royal Haplogroup".

I'm unable to post weblinks, so please go to my website, and click on the "Royal Haplogroup" page tab.

Sparkey - if you wish, please paste my weblink in to "Haplogroups for Kings and Queens" blog page.

Thanks,
Brad (the-kings-son.com)

THE KING’S SON - UPDATE: DEC 26th 2012BRF COUSIN FILE MATCHINGPeriodically, over the last year, I have been contacted by a number of people who have a strong family "rumor" that they have an ancestor in their family tree that was fathered by an ancestor of the current British Royal Family (BRF).
I have been collecting Family Finder "Excel cousin files" from these individuals and have been performing a data compare, so as to assist with determining the validity of their rumor. I am getting some very interesting results - which I intend to share on this website in the next few months, after I complete my data analysis.
I will not be revealing the identities of the participants of my study - just the overall results. It has been important to these individuals for their identity to be kept secret, and I intend to maintain their confidence.
Please stay tuned & Happy New Year,
Brad (the-kings-son.com)

I am looking forward to compare these results. There has been another presumed descendant of the Wettin dynasty on the forum who turned out to belonged to I2a-Din, as opposed to your R1b-L21. So far it's impossible to tell if either lineage is truly royal. If we get a few more identical results then you'd probably have a case.

Stuff like this is fascinating to me...

Maciamo,

It is possible to tell that my data and information is the Royal Haplogroup for the Wettin line i.e. U106 (Z305+). It is based in triangulated Y-DNA testing (via FTDNA) of two known and documented Wettin line descended men. All the details, testing etc etc are published in my 200 page book and displayed on my website the-kings-son.com under the "Royal Haplogroup" tab. Additionally, the data and information has been vetted by a few FTDNA Project Administrators over the last year.

This is more data and basis for fact, than most of the other sources that you have used to compile your list of Haplogroup info for Royalty. Would additional proof are you expecting?

Re this other chap (Conte de Haito) I haven't seen any data or proof put out there that connects his assertions back to the Wettin line. The person who he states he is linked back to doesn't have any documented ancestors ..... to prove his case he needs to obtain a comparison with two "other" known and living Wettin men - then we would have a real debate on our hands re how his Haplogroup info is different to mine.

Conte de Haito,
The challenge is launched - will you reply?

Cheers,
Brad (the-kings-son.com)

Thanks Brad. That's interesting indeed. If your uncle and two other proven descendants of the Wettin lineage share the same subclade of R1b-U106 (namely Z305*) and the same STR haplotype, then there is little doubt.

Could you perhaps tell us how many generations separate your uncle from the two Wettin men ? I am curious about how far in the ascending lineages the triangulation works for certain. Non-paternity events could have happened any time in over 1000 years, even in royal families.

Maciamo,
The two living Wettin men (from different lines) triangulate back to Prince Franz Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld b. 1750 d. 1806.
All the details on the Y-DNA STR, how I got a hold then them to do the test, etc etc is detailed in The King's Son (The Evidence).
Will you consider referencing my discovery re the Wettin Haplogroup on your list of European Kings & Queens?

Also - I am now investigating options re the Hanover King's Haplogroup (as they are ancestors of the British Royal Family) ..... given you use a King George III avatar - is there anything you can share re possible DNA details .... based on your experience?
Cheers,
Brad (the-kings-son.com)

Brad,

I already added the House of Wettin to the famous R1b individuals, mentioning your research.

I have just added now the Kings of this lineage the list of Royal DNA.

Maciamo,

1. Do you agree that IF my Uncle Eric (FTDNA Kit No 207060) and "Wettin Man" are both Haplogroup L21+ AND GD <=7 @ 67 markers ..... then they are closely related?

2. I know you think L21+ is only a 1% chance ..... so what is your prediction for the Haplogroup of "Wettin man"?

Thanks,
Brad (The-Kings-Son.om)

I may have totally misunderstood this, but I thought you were posting on the U106/S21 Yahoo Group message board that U106 was the haplogroup of Kings.... at least, that is their interpretation over there.

What's what?

Re: this question , that is now answered that King George V is not Michael's Grandfather, however, interesting enough as I read Maciamos list of Y-DNA of Kings of England, it appears that you may be a direct male line (illegtimate) of King James ii (1633-1701) or a paternal cousin line, because his haplogroup is the same as yours, R1b L21+. As history records when Queen Victoria married Prince Albert, the King James y-dna in direct royal line was "daughtered out) and a new y-dna was introduced as R1b U106 (Z305). Thus, of course you now know that King George is not your ancestor (no y-dna match).Then, when Queen Elizabeth married Prince Phillip (she also "daughtered out" the direct line of succession, ) another New y-dna was introduced to Prince, Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry .Since Prince William and "Kate", are with child presently, IF the child born to them is a female, if and when she marries, she too will "daughter out" Prince Phillips y-dna, unless of course this child next in line, Princess marries a direct male (y-dna) cousin line of Prince Phillip's or his direct male ancestors. It appears to me that your descent from a King or at least a male paternal relative (may be even prior to KG James) of King James II is quite probable (legitimate or otherwise). So, your circumstancial information may have "some truth in fact (y-dna, does not lie, we humans are quite well known to do so at times. )

Melusine - thanks for the note. No, based on the Family Finder (FF) cousin results of my known direct family i.e. brother, 1st cousin & uncle - we are getting between 1/8 to 1/4 of their FF cousins with ancestors from predominately Germany, some Austrian, Hungarian, Slovakian & Norwegian ...... which fits the hypothesis regarding a more recent connection to Germanic royalty. However, so far have not been able to 100% firm up the actual candidate - HOWEVER there are a few options being investigated. Until we have a confirmed analysis, then we'll keep further theories out of the limelight. Stay tuned to my "the kings son" facebook account if you are interested in more granular development updates. Thanks, Brad (the-kings-son.com)

This thread has been viewed 39034 times.

Back