King George V son = my grandfather??

Question 1 .... I see ultraviolet light can cause mutations .... could the high levels of sunshine in Sydney cause "extra" Y-DNA mutations vs other places with less sunshine i.e. Germany region (where Wettin man lives)?

It's doubtful that it would make a significant difference in a genealogical timeframe.

Question 2 ..... what is your prediction for the Haplogroup of "Wettin man"?

R1b-U106 is probably the safest guess, followed closely by R1a. I'm hoping for I2 of some flavor though... I2a2a is somewhat likely... as it would be the most famous I2 found so far. R1b already has lots of famous people known to have carried it.

Maciamo,

1. Do you agree that IF my Uncle Eric (FTDNA Kit No 207060) and "Wettin Man" are both Haplogroup L21+ AND GD <=7 @ 67 markers ..... then they are closely related?

2. I know you think L21+ is only a 1% chance ..... so what is your prediction for the Haplogroup of "Wettin man"?

Thanks,
Brad (The-Kings-Son.om)

Hi,

The results of the Y-DNA test is in from "Wettin Man" and I have a clear answer to my question "Was my Grandfather an "unacknowledged son" of King George V?"

Details are in (The-Kings-Son.com).

Thanks,
Brad

Hi,

The results of the Y-DNA test is in from "Wettin Man" and I have a clear answer to my question "Was my Grandfather an "unacknowledged son" of King George V?"

Details are in (The-Kings-Son.com).

Thanks,
Brad

Your website basically says that we need to buy your book to find out... So... this thread has basically turned into an advertisement for a book? That's not allowed under forum rules.

Unless you plan on telling us after a certain amount of time?

Sparkey,

I will be providing an overview of the result a bit later on.

However, there is a lot of detail - which is why I bothered to write it all down. It is too important a result to have documented on a blog. Up to others if they want the detail.

Regards,
Brad

All,

It was an interesting balancing point, re what you put on these blogs. Given how I started this thread, then I decided I needed to provide "the answer". My website won't be having any spoiler in it though.

The details behind the answer are in the book, and it is quite complicated - if someone is REALLY interested they'll read the details. I have now have "on the record" a significant genealogical result - which I have decided to share and publish.

However, I "think" a book is where we publish research still - not blogs where the info gets lost, and are not usually well laid out analysis - like in a book.

If that isn't acceptable for this blog - then so be it. I have shared my info.

Thanks,
Brad

Don't get me wrong, it's fine that you want to keep the in-depth details in your book, and refer us to it, I was just worried that you were using this forum to simply advertize it. That's how a "Want to know the results? Just buy my book!" type of post comes across.

What is his haplogroup, by the way? I think that's the little detail most of us are interested in.

Well folks ....

I'll call it a day with this endeavor. It has been a blast, and thank you to many of you who helped me.

The 200 page book is now firmly out there, for someone in the future to consult re "how to do this?" and "if they want to know what the Y-DNA markers and haplogroup looks like for King George V and half of the modern day European Royalty" etc etc.

Thanks,
Brad (The-Kings-Son.com)

Hi,

I decided to finish the job off ..... I have paid for a Deep Clade test for this "Wettin Man" Y-DNA sample. So this way there will be his STR markers and Haplogroup as well (for King George V and half the Royal Houses in Europe).

I also made the book "The King's Son" available to be read for free (via ebook) - refer to the website if you are interested.

I'll let you all know when I get the Haplogroup info.
Thanks,
Brad (The-Kings-Son.com)

Hi,

Deep clade testing of my Wettin man continues .... anyone want to post any guesses as to what the final answer will be? Sparkey - you seemed toup to the challenge ..... anyone else?

BTW, I have also made the book available to be read for free.

Thanks,
Brad (the-kings-son.com)

Deep clade testing of my Wettin man continues .... anyone want to post any guesses as to what the final answer will be? Sparkey - you seemed toup to the challenge ..... anyone else?

Blind, without even looking at preliminary STR results or anything... maybe R1b-U106?

Hi folks,

Just when I thought the story was completed, a new potential twist in the “The King’s Son” story that has arisen.

Therefore I'll be delaying the posting of “Wettin Man's” Haplogroup information for another six weeks or so - whilst I await validation of this new information.

So please stay tuned. More details about this update are on my webpage and facebook page.

Regards,
Brad (the-kings-son.com)

(The book is available for free e-borrowing via Kindle - Amazon T&C's apply).

I now have the Haplogroup test result for "Wettin Man" i.e. the relative of King George V who did a Y-DNA test to help me work out the relationship wth my Grandfather (William James Shepherd). The details are posted on my facebook account associated with my "the-kings-son.com" website.

So the Royal Haplogroup for a large number of European Royal Houses who are relatives of King George VI, King George V, King Edward VII, Prince Albert (Queen Victoria's husband) and then the whole Wettin line going back to around 950 AD is now known.

I am still working out the details in relation to the "new twist" I had mentioned on this blog elsewhere.

Regards,
Brad "the-kings-son.com"

Nice job you did there! Seems the result is in correspondence with the Germanic origin of the line.

Hey Brad, if you end up getting a noble title out of this, I am calling in a favour from you regarding a knightly title for me. Also: For the rest of us. We're cool guys. You should hook us up.

Thanks guys.

I don't think I'll be getting any Royal favors myself for this King's Son work, and having decided to have it published.

Having the Y-DNA pattern established for the Coburg / Wettin line is perhaps just the beginning of a process of the all the various "royal lines" being benchmarked as to establish what the pattern must be, in order for a person to be proven as the rightful heir to the throne?

I mean - what would happen if some of current sitting royal kings & queens were found NOT to be descended from their royal ancestors? Why isn't mandatory Y-DNA checking being put in place?

Food for thought.

Cheers,
Brad

Thanks guys.

I don't think I'll be getting any Royal favors myself for this King's Son work, and having decided to have it published.

Having the Y-DNA pattern established for the Coburg / Wettin line is perhaps just the beginning of a process of the all the various "royal lines" being benchmarked as to establish what the pattern must be, in order for a person to be proven as the rightful heir to the throne?

I mean - what would happen if some of current sitting royal kings & queens were found NOT to be descended from their royal ancestors? Why isn't mandatory Y-DNA checking being put in place?

Food for thought.

Cheers,
Brad

I'm fairly certain that DNA testing is probably very common amongst noble families today, especially if there are known cases of adultery. I highly doubt that prince Harry would be in the succession, for instance, considering his whore mother Diana.

Also: Illegitimate sons do not inherit noble titles. Period. Being a bastard excludes you from consideration unless the king in question vouchsafes your legitimacy and then provides you with a title as per his whims.

In other words: Even if you are George V's bastard grandson, you've only the blood, not the title, especially if your grandmother was a commoner.

Sparkey - looking back through the blog, your prediction is correct re U106.

JFWR - I'd prefer a softer view re Princess Diana (& Prince Charles) .... things happened in their lives that didn't turn out which then lead to their splitup.

Re inheritance, agree being from a father born out of wedlock - wouldn't help ones case. However, you always need to consult the law as it applies to the particular country in question. I did such an analysis in Chapt 8.15 of the book .... your black & white statement is incorrect - and the law has left an opening for such a case & claim to be made.

Thanks,
Brad

Sparkey - looking back through the blog, your prediction is correct re U106.

JFWR - I'd prefer a softer view re Princess Diana (& Prince Charles) .... things happened in their lives that didn't turn out which then lead to their splitup.

Yeah, but Diana was a nut from the start. She was bulimic and manic depressive. Charles got the short end of that stick, especially when Diana had like six lovers over the course of their marriage.

Re inheritance, agree being from a father born out of wedlock - wouldn't help ones case. However, you always need to consult the law as it applies to the particular country in question. I did such an analysis in Chapt 8.15 of the book .... your black & white statement is incorrect - and the law has left an opening for such a case & claim to be made.

Did you check civilian inheritance laws? Or succession laws? Because those are unique concepts. Succession does not follow standard inheritance laws.

I know someone who is an intimate friend with a non-titled Bourbon. His situation is essentially this.

This thread has been viewed 39016 times.

Back