i2b1 Y-DNA Haplogroups

Hello,

My Y-DNA haplogroup is i2b1 - I am trying to do a family tree and am looking for any genetic matches who share my i2b1 haplogroup, especially those based in Europe. Please get in touch if you are my genetic match, would be great to hear more information about our shared ancestors and their migratory patterns.

Thanks. :)

I am I2b1* from the United States. My ancestors were English Cavaliers who migrated to the Virginia Colony.

I don't understand why all this clamor about I2b1 in Ireland. I2b1 if quite rare in Ireland, Ulster or otherwise. I guess I just don't understand why we're splitting hairs over I2b1 in Scotland and Ireland when it is far more common elsewhere, and is even more rare in Ireland and Scotland than elsewhere.

Here is a map of known Mesolithic sites in Ireland. It is from Driscoll 2006 (from Waddell 2000).
waddell2000-driscoll2006.png

this map indicates from what is told in historical sources, the Ireland was initially infested by norwegian vikings, same as scotland, shetland and faroe
The danish vikings usually travelled thgrough the english channel

this map indicates from what is told in historical sources, the Ireland was initially infested by norwegian vikings, same as scotland, shetland and faroe
The danish vikings usually travelled thgrough the english channel

"initially" by norwegian vikings ?

"initially" by norwegian vikings ?

You do not think that all vikings came from 1 area and 1 Haplotype, do you.?

this map indicates from what is told in historical sources, the Ireland was initially infested by norwegian vikings, same as scotland, shetland and faroeThe danish vikings usually travelled thgrough the english channel
This map has nothing what so ever to do with Vikings. It shows MESOLITHIC sites some of which date up to 9,000 years before the arrival of the Vikings in Ireland.

I don't understand why all this clamor about I2b1 in Ireland. I2b1 if quite rare in Ireland, Ulster or otherwise. I guess I just don't understand why we're splitting hairs over I2b1 in Scotland and Ireland when it is far more common elsewhere, and is even more rare in Ireland and Scotland than elsewhere.

even a little presence of haplogroups can tell us something about History (a few members elite, a recent immigration or a dramatical losting representation by driving etc... and people here are trying too to localize the geographical an time origin of Y-I, by comparing the distribution or diverse downstreams - every fact has an importance -

even a little presence of haplogroups can tell us something about History (a few members elite, a recent immigration or a dramatical losting representation by driving etc... and people here are trying too to localize the geographical an time origin of Y-I, by comparing the distribution or diverse downstreams - every fact has an importance -

Well the I2b1 population in Ireland is just so minuscule, I guess I don't see the relevance. Of course, I think that if you're seeking explanations for Irish I2b1, it would be hard not to suspect the Normans.

Hi

I have just had my P78 test confirmed postive which makes me I2B1c I can only find one other Butler in the southern part of Ireland (kilkenny\Laois who is also I2B1c I wonder if someone can provide me with an insight into I2B1c.

I2B1D aka I-P95

anybody got any opinions on I-P95?

I am one.:rolleyes:

anybody got any opinions on I-P95?

I am one.:rolleyes:

It is called I2a2a3a1 now by ISOGG, or I2b1d by FTDNA, which is rather behind on the SNPs that have been discovered. It is part of the group nicknamed "Cont2b," which, like Cont2 as a whole, has always looked Germanic to me... lots of German representation with spillover into Norway, Britain, Poland, and even some Ireland, Italy, and Russia. The P95+ branch, although small relative to all of Cont2b, seems to fit the distribution pattern of the rest of Cont2b.

I2B1 Haplogroup

Hello,

My Y-DNA haplogroup is i2b1 - I am trying to do a family tree and am looking for any genetic matches who share my i2b1 haplogroup, especially those based in Europe. Please get in touch if you are my genetic match, would be great to hear more information about our shared ancestors and their migratory patterns.

Thanks. :)

I am also in the I2B1 haplogroup. I am in the US, and my family traces to a Johannes Simon, born in Germany in late 1600s or early 1700s. I would be happy to share genetic and family information.
Cheers,
Bart Simmons

I2a2a3a1-- any quesses on me? I2b1d I-P95

I suspect that as we learn more, we'll confirm our suspicions that I1 is ancient in Europe, but didn't expand significantly until after it became part of the proto-Germanic population.
I believe this to be true,i1 is ancient but most of its expanding was with germancs

This thread has been viewed 56746 times.

Back