Balkanian look

No it is not always Dinaric, Dinaric is big in Kosovo, Hercegovina,Montenegro,parts of Albania,Bosnia,Croatia,so the western Balkans but in Bulgaria,Macedonia and Romania the biggest things are Pontid and Gorid with Dinaric,Nordic and West West Baltid also presents and Turan observed.

Certainly it shows a great deal of Dinarid influences.

I think if you want to find the real Balkanic look, you need to visit: Montenegro,North Albania,Herzegovina and Dalmatia.
That would be if u want to find Balkanic Dinaric, for the just as typical Pontid and Gorid come to Bulgaria,Macedonia and Romania

the main look in Balkans is Pontid,

I agree with u if it is for the East, but in the West Dinaric
West Balkans- Dinaric, Borebby, Alpine,West Baltid,Nordic with some Pontid and Dinarized med
East Balkans- Pontid, Gorid/Alpine,West Baltid,Dinaric with some Turan(really low)

the dinaric look is spread only around Montenegro widely and its suroundings and spotted elsewhere,
the tall, small head, straight hair,
Pontid is spread from Romania to Crete and from Albania to Turkey.
Anatolid is spread in Greece Albania Bulgaria Turkey Slavic Makedonia.

in Balkans we also have a strange look very wide, the one with short-middle height and big head, that is spread all over except Dalmatia Slovenia and is low in Croatia

There is no Anatolid in Bulgaria.
Bulgaria is Pontid,Gorid, West Baltid, East Nordic,Dinaric, Turan. The biggest is Pontid and Gorid ,the smallest Turan!

Is it always Dinaroid?

no, it is not that common but its present.

Croatia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_hypotheses_of_the_Croats#Genetic_studies
http://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=42706&lang=en

Anthropologically, the craniometrical measurements made on the Croat population show Croats from Croatia are predominantly dolichocephalic (Dalmatia) and brachycephalic (Central Croatia).

Eugene Pittard on Serbs:

http://www.unz.org/Pub/PittardEugene-1926-00278

eugene1.png

Bosnia and Herzegovina:

eugene2.png

I shall not speak about all this '---id' types of uncertain basis (at least for me: they mix pops means with types means and do'nt help to interprete history of crossings and foundations of pops) -
concerning cephalic index, don't be abused by terms imployed by some scholars (old ones?), look at average CI and graphic curves of distribution of these indexes in a pop; and if we can, let's take in account the maxi of states to go closer to reality, not only this or that lone study;
except islands of Adriatic Sea, mesocephalic roughly said, there is no region in ancient Yugoslavia which was dolicho, and even meso; based on series of the 1930/45, almost no region under CI 83 (Serbia) and a lot over 85 (I think the maxi about 87 were in Southern Bosnia, or some parts of Crna Gora-Montenegro; Tosks Albanians and NW Greeks seem having been the most brachy. I have not all that at hand just now, the fact I retain is all these lands were between sub-brachy- and marked brachycephaly.
What is true is that Eastern Serbs in the 20th Cy were the least brachy ones except Adriatic.
I avow I'm still puzzled by the changes of the pops there and I cannot seriously tell today the part of local drifts/selections/mutations of the part of immigration from other places. All I believe I know is that the specific brachy types so typical of some today "Yugoslavians" appeared for the first time (or: was found, what is not the same) about the 4000/3000 transition in N-Germany-Denmark, at proximity of so called 'borreby' types; could it be the result of crossings between some kind of high 'submediter' types with robust post-mesolithic brachy types??? ('mediter-alpine' was one of the thoughts of Coon, I don't know if he changed his mind later? But he spoke of meetings of 'borreby'-'dinaric' types in Monte Negro and he wrote somewhere the 'dinaric' types in W-Balkans seemed as come from North, maybe Germany!); I don't exclude earlier Steppes mixings but I have not the sufficient states to emit a valuable personal opinion (but sometimes I think in the question of today mountains Tadjiks and brachy/sub-brachy crania in some places of ancient Steppes). To date, I stay confused. I remember forumer Spongetaro thought as I did sometime that 'borreby' types (the cromano form, i think) could be tied to some Y-I2a2 lignages. Let's see the following development of the "sery".

When it comes to stereotypical Balkanic look i'd associate with these types.

Selvedin-Beganovic.jpg

Barcelona-v-Paris-St-Germain-UEFA-Champions-League-Quarter-Final.jpg

Dragos_Bucur_1329286226.jpg

albania-amazing-artist-celeb-Favim.com-3441608.jpg

And of course this :D

latest

Seenly Photo HOMbrnsp(1).jpgIMG_4313.JPG
here is a photo of me in my natural habitat, am i dinaric or pontid? asking...for a friend

DNZ, thank you that is a relief to hear! :) Angela you are very sweet, thank you too :)

This thread has been viewed 17334 times.

Back