Iranians.. which Europeans can they overlap with? (Multiple choice)

Choose all that apply.

• Total voters
Iranians are NATIVE to Iran. And therefore there is an overlap with their neighbours.

Iranians in the east overlap with their neigbours in SouthCentral - Central Asia. And Iranians in the west do overlap with Kurds, and people of the Caucasus...

People from anywhere in Germany and Poland have more Nordic influence than anywhere in the Middle East, though. Also, people from those areas largely lack the Armenoid influence more common in the Middle East.
Nordic is just a depigmented med and Armenoids are brothers of Dinarics...

Why do they need to overlap? Just face the fact that the West is becoming multicultural. As an Australian (Australia is a multicultural nation) I can say that there are huge advantages. For example there can be a liberal exchange of ideas and seeing other customs and enjoying other cuisines. Most of my friends came from many different cultures including Iranian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, German, Italian and other Europeans. My life is richer for having had their friendship and input into my life.

Europeans have gone to other parts of the world, colonized countries, imposed their rules, traded to their own advantage and in many cases did a lot of damage. In some cases wiped out entire populations. Now that people from the rest of the world is going to Europe and under European terms, they don't like it.

I dont' vote because the term "overlapping" is not accurate in this excercice. If we take the auDNA components mean to construct distances, iranians don't overlap with any European country, when some oindividuals could pass in some countries of basic inhabitants of Europe, southern ones for the most, southeastern to be more precise. Because some of their diverse components are in common with Europeans ones, spite in different %'s.
That said we are speaking here of traditional inhabitants of Iran and Europe, not of future. The interest is to compare populations which sedentized over the centuries, creating diverse cultures, before progress gave way to quicker and denser moves of people and, almost sure, erosion of diversity in cultures: "comsomption" of diversitycan kill diversity but it's an other matter.
Your remarks are politic or phylosophic or both, and it's not the aim here in this very thread. It could be interesting for somebody in an other thread.

@Angela: I think %'s of individual phoenotypic features in a population is very often an indication concerning the ratios of "mother" populations involved in the process of cristallization of a new one, even if there is not question of one to one equation. But it requires a fine analysis very far from the superficial stereotypes evocated very often here and there, often enough in neo-Nazi or Afrocentric fora.

Deleted,,,

Last edited:
Iranians are 'europoids' as a whole and they show according to individuals and regions diverse subdivisions of the 'europoid' group, without true frontier' between these types, more than a kind of 'mediter' (from 'danubian' - seldom- to 'indo-afghan' - denser- + some seldom diverse east-asian, south-asian and north-european types: so some of them can overlap with individuals of almost any european pop! (it's the reason of these so boring cherry-picking photos in fora used as "proofs") - as an average, they are closer to some Near-East-South-Caucasus pops spite keeping their proper "centroid" aside - but this centroid for a big country is not too significant by itself! the average is more true concerning auDNA, but concerning some superficial features, individuals in almost every country show some heterogeneity in their own land and someones are closer to foreign individuals from elsewhere. So this kind of thread is a bit counter-productive, I think - no offense BTW -
an advantage in these threads: some collective pictures without biased selection

Iranians are 'europoids' as a whole and they show according to individuals and regions diverse subdivisions of the 'europoid' group, without true frontier' between these types, more than a kind of 'mediter' (from 'danubian' - seldom- to 'indo-afghan' - denser- + some seldom diverse east-asian, south-asian and north-european types: so some of them can overlap with individuals of almost any european pop! (it's the reason of these so boring cherry-picking photos in fora used as "proofs") - as an average, they are closer to some Near-East-South-Caucasus pops spite keeping their proper "centroid" aside - but this centroid for a big country is not too significant by itself! the average is more true concerning auDNA, but concerning some superficial features, individuals in almost every country show some heterogeneity in their own land and someones are closer to foreign individuals from elsewhere. So this kind of thread is a bit counter-productive, I think - no offense BTW -
an advantage in these threads: some collective pictures without biased selection

You've absolutely nailed it in my opinion.

This thread has been viewed 11691 times.

Back