z196+ subclasses

Aljamiado

Reaction score
Good afternoon, a pleasure to say hello to you all.

I am Z196+, M343+, S116+ and (  M153,M165,M167) -

This as far as I am able to find takes me down to being either L176.2 or S68.

I know that most likely my paternal line comes from north eastern Iberia or southern France, however certain company that I have used and follow its recommendations for all that testing turns out now to being unkind enough to ignoring my questions about the posibility of further refining the point either by testing for the last two mentioned subclases or at least with some profesional or expert comments.

I would apprecciate any enlightment about my point from any of the distinguished members of this forum.

Thanks

Good afternoon, a pleasure to say hello to you all.

I am Z196+, M343+, S116+ and ( M153,M165,M167) -

This as far as I am able to find takes me down to being either L176.2 or S68.

I know that most likely my paternal line comes from north eastern Iberia or southern France, however certain company that I have used and follow its recommendations for all that testing turns out now to being unkind enough to ignoring my questions about the posibility of further refining the point either by testing for the last two mentioned subclases or at least with some profesional or expert comments.

I would apprecciate any enlightment about my point from any of the distinguished members of this forum.

Thanks

Did you mean L165 instead of M165? L165 and S68 are the same thing.

Do you have 437=14, 448=18, and H4=10? If so, you are in the "R1b North-South Cluster" and very likely L176.2- and Z209+.

Do you have a Ysearch ID you are willing to share?

Thank you very much.
Yes! it was L165 not M165 for which I am negatve as well as for L21, M153 and M167. I am also positive for S116.
My maternal subclade is U5a2b1
How does one get a YsearchID? I will be glad to share it.
Thanks again for your comments.

Thank you very much.
Yes! it was L165 not M165 for which I am negatve as well as for L21, M153 and M167. I am also positive for S116.
My maternal subclade is U5a2b1
How does one get a YsearchID? I will be glad to share it.
Thanks again for your comments.

Just go to http://www.ysearch.org/, click on "Create A New User", at the top, and follow the instructions. If you are a Family Tree DNA customer, it's easier. Just go to your Y-DNA Matches page and scroll down. There is a link there to automatically upload your results to Ysearch.

Am I understanding you right that you do have 437=14, 448=18, and H4=10? If so, you should order Z209, at least to start with. Chances are good you will be Z209+, although there are no guarantees.

Here is a draft tree based on research from the 1000 Genomes Project that should help:

http://www.u152.org/images/stories/Draft_P312_Tree_v005.png

Thanks a million rms2, I do not really know how or where to find if I am 437=14, 448=18 and H4=10. All the information I have posted here is from all the tests I have taken with Genebase which have been suggested by them, they do not say if the details you mention aré available or if they can be retreived from their page. Sorry for my ignorance on this matter, I will learn more. Thanks again.
Aljamiado

Thanks a million rms2, I do not really know how or where to find if I am 437=14, 448=18 and H4=10. All the information I have posted here is from all the tests I have taken with Genebase which have been suggested by them, they do not say if the details you mention aré available or if they can be retreived from their page. Sorry for my ignorance on this matter, I will learn more. Thanks again.
Aljamiado

I am not that familiar with Genebase, but they should have your haplotype listed somewhere. That is where you will see values for 437, 448, and H4.

Please consider becoming a Family Tree DNA customer so you can join the R-P312 and Subclades Project. P312 and S116 are just two different names for the same thing. I don't work for FTDNA, so I don't get any money or other benefits from them for recruiting new customers. They just have the best overall system for projects, comparing results, testing for new SNPs, etc. You can usually get a discount for transferring to FTDNA from another company.

There has been a Z196 thread on this forum since last summer. A good many of the links in it have stopped working because of the demise of DNA-Forums, but there is still some good background information there.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?26828

The most active and best informed current discussion includes a number of SNPs downstream from Z196 that have only become available for testing (at FTDNA) within the past six weeks or so. They aren't yet visible on the ISOGG tree. The forum on which they are being discussed is moderated by rms2, who has modestly omitted reference to the several relevant threads there. I'll paste in a link to one of them:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/forum/index.php?topic=9930.0

This thread has been viewed 8181 times.

Back