Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What ethnic groups have the least amount of Neanderthal genetic markers?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    L.D.Brousse's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-03-12
    Posts
    141
    Points
    2,304
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,304, Level: 13
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1a1b5aSry2627

    Ethnic group
    French Celtic German
    Country: USA - Indiana



    What ethnic groups have the least amount of Neanderthal genetic markers?



    What ethnic groups have the least amount of Neanderthal genetic markers?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Knovas's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-05-11
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,437
    Points
    6,065
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,065, Level: 23
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberian / Catalan
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    To my knowledge, this are basically deep Sub-Saharan populations, not sure about specific ethnic groups though. My guess are specially Mbuti Pygmies, Biaka Pygmies, and a few San from Namibia, who are the best preserved African populations in genetic terms.

  3. #3
    Passione Mediterranea Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    julia90's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-09-10
    Location
    Florence-Prato
    Posts
    1,076
    Points
    19,840
    Level
    42
    Points: 19,840, Level: 42
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Tuscan
    Country: Italy



    yep, both in "Caucasians" and "Mongolids" you find neanderthal genes, this is due to the fact that Homo Sapiens in emigrating out of africa encountered in the arabian peninsula some Homo Neanderthalensis , there happened some mixing between the two species (even if today scientist have to modify the fact they were of two dinstinct species, since they were able to procreate a fertil offspring, so they weren't of "different specie"); then this genes spread with both proto mongolians people who moved in east asia from the arabian peninsula, and to proto caucasians who headed in europe, north africa and south asia.
    Also amerinds have neanderthal admixture obviously,
    Sub saharian africans are pure Homo Sapiens.
    Today the adimxture of neanderthal in non-subsagarians is of 4-5% of genes

    Where the Neanderthal inhabitated

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    L.D.Brousse's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-03-12
    Posts
    141
    Points
    2,304
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,304, Level: 13
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1a1b5aSry2627

    Ethnic group
    French Celtic German
    Country: USA - Indiana



    Do you think this mixure made Europeans White ?

  5. #5
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    268
    Points
    3,028
    Level
    15
    Points: 3,028, Level: 15
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 11.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
    yep, both in "Caucasians" and "Mongolids" you find neanderthal genes, this is due to the fact that Homo Sapiens in emigrating out of africa encountered in the arabian peninsula some Homo Neanderthalensis , there happened some mixing between the two species (even if today scientist have to modify the fact they were of two dinstinct species, since they were able to procreate a fertil offspring, so they weren't of "different specie"); then this genes spread with both proto mongolians people who moved in east asia from the arabian peninsula, and to proto caucasians who headed in europe, north africa and south asia.
    Also amerinds have neanderthal admixture obviously,
    Sub saharian africans are pure Homo Sapiens.
    Today the adimxture of neanderthal in non-subsagarians is of 4-5% of genes

    Where the Neanderthal inhabitated
    Good post, although one thing: Scientists don't really have a legitimate definition of "species". The idea that two populations cannot breed and produce fertile offspring isn't the case in many distinct species of animals. Neanderthal was certainly still a different species, but it was still close enough to be able to produce fertile offspring.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    1,977
    Points
    9,037
    Level
    28
    Points: 9,037, Level: 28
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1 - L446
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H26a1

    Ethnic group
    Venet
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
    yep, both in "Caucasians" and "Mongolids" you find neanderthal genes, this is due to the fact that Homo Sapiens in emigrating out of africa encountered in the arabian peninsula some Homo Neanderthalensis , there happened some mixing between the two species (even if today scientist have to modify the fact they were of two dinstinct species, since they were able to procreate a fertil offspring, so they weren't of "different specie"); then this genes spread with both proto mongolians people who moved in east asia from the arabian peninsula, and to proto caucasians who headed in europe, north africa and south asia.
    Also amerinds have neanderthal admixture obviously,
    Sub saharian africans are pure Homo Sapiens.
    Today the adimxture of neanderthal in non-subsagarians is of 4-5% of genes

    Where the Neanderthal inhabitated
    i recently saw a BBC show on this topic and this map is correct.
    The show ( recently made) basically made these points

    1 - humans and neanderthals where both equal in intelligent in tool usage, hunting and other issues and the reason neanderthals eventually died out was the very low sperm count. They recently found a 30000 year old neaderthal flute in southwest germany.

    2 - the last refuge of the neaderthals was gibraltar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorham%27s_Cave

    3 - lighter skin pigmentation was only due to evolution in allowing vitamin D to enter the body. Basically darker skin has a need for a greater time in daylight in colder climates. So the pigmentation changed over time for the human. There was no malform neaderthal bones found, but here was human ones found in europe.

    4 - human where slightly taller and had a oval rib cage, while the neaderthals was a barrel type of rib cage

    5 - there are about 10% of today's europeans which have neaderthal genes, these are only found in todays, HG of I, K, L, T, G and F ..........I might have missed some

    6 - The oldest grain area was on today's borders of syria and turkey. Grain is still agricultured today in small quanties

    this below was part of the program
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

  7. #7
    Passione Mediterranea Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    julia90's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-09-10
    Location
    Florence-Prato
    Posts
    1,076
    Points
    19,840
    Level
    42
    Points: 19,840, Level: 42
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Tuscan
    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by L.D.Brousse View Post
    Do you think this mixure made Europeans White ?
    No, thought at the beginning the mixture could have accelerated the process of getting the skin more white; but even if they didn't mix, at the end homo sapiens living in temperate climates (europe and central east asia) would have slowliy changed his pigmentation...

    also aborigines are part neanderthals, because they discends from the same people who spreaded in east asia, but they have adapted to retain dark sikin because living near the equator

  8. #8
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Knovas's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-05-11
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,437
    Points
    6,065
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,065, Level: 23
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberian / Catalan
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by zanipolo View Post
    5 - there are about 10% of today's europeans which have neaderthal genes, these are only found in todays, HG of I, K, L, T, G and F ..........I might have missed some
    ┬┐Sorry? All Europeans carry Neanderthal genes, there's no exeption. And by the way, I don't see the point mentioning haplogroups, since we don't know anything about Neanderthal haplogroups. It's too much of an assumption saying some of their haplogroups survived untill nowadays.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    1,977
    Points
    9,037
    Level
    28
    Points: 9,037, Level: 28
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1 - L446
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H26a1

    Ethnic group
    Venet
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Knovas View Post
    ┬┐Sorry? All Europeans carry Neanderthal genes, there's no exeption. And by the way, I don't see the point mentioning haplogroups, since we don't know anything about Neanderthal haplogroups. It's too much of an assumption saying some of their haplogroups survived untill nowadays.
    sorry , the program stated 10% and it was a 2 year old program, I since have only found this below
    . An estimated 1 to 4 percent of the DNA in Europeans and Asians (French, Chinese and Papua probands) is non-modern, and shared with ancient Neanderthal DNA rather than with Sub-Saharan Africans (Yoruba and San probands).[87] Nonetheless, more recent genetic studies seem to suggest that modern humans may have mated with "at least two groups" of ancient humans: Neanderthals and Denisovans.[88] While modern humans share some nuclear DNA with the extinct Neanderthals, the two species do not share any mitochondrial DNA,[89] which in primates is always maternally transmitted. This observation has prompted the hypothesis that whereas female humans interbreeding with male Neanderthals were able to generate fertile offspring, the progeny of female Neanderthals who mated with male humans were either rare, absent or sterile.[90]


    which indicates lower than 10%

    There is a university in germany who studies the neanderthal genes, why do you say there are no markers? what did they have then?

  10. #10
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Goga's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-06-11
    Posts
    1,552
    Points
    7,165
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,165, Level: 25
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 40.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Knovas View Post
    To my knowledge, this are basically deep Sub-Saharan populations, not sure about specific ethnic groups though. My guess are specially Mbuti Pygmies, Biaka Pygmies, and a few San from Namibia, who are the best preserved African populations in genetic terms.
    They can be mixed with other non-Homosapien humanoid species only local to Africa.

    But you're right that it might be that they're the purest Africans.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Knovas's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-05-11
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,437
    Points
    6,065
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,065, Level: 23
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberian / Catalan
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by zanipolo View Post
    sorry , the program stated 10% and it was a 2 year old program, I since have only found this below
    . An estimated 1 to 4 percent of the DNA in Europeans and Asians (French, Chinese and Papua probands) is non-modern, and shared with ancient Neanderthal DNA rather than with Sub-Saharan Africans (Yoruba and San probands).[87] Nonetheless, more recent genetic studies seem to suggest that modern humans may have mated with "at least two groups" of ancient humans: Neanderthals and Denisovans.[88] While modern humans share some nuclear DNA with the extinct Neanderthals, the two species do not share any mitochondrial DNA,[89] which in primates is always maternally transmitted. This observation has prompted the hypothesis that whereas female humans interbreeding with male Neanderthals were able to generate fertile offspring, the progeny of female Neanderthals who mated with male humans were either rare, absent or sterile.[90]


    which indicates lower than 10%

    There is a university in germany who studies the neanderthal genes, why do you say there are no markers? what did they have then?
    The fact is all Europeans carry Neanderthal genes. First of all, % of the DNA and % of todays Europeans does not mean the same. Also, I'm not saying there are no markers, just pointing that those markers have absolutely nothing to do with haplogroups. There's no info available concerning Neanderthal haplogroups, hence, it's impossible to find any similarity with modern ones. They simply compared parts of the genome which seem to be common in both Neanderthals and modern Europeans, that's all.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Knovas's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-05-11
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,437
    Points
    6,065
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,065, Level: 23
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberian / Catalan
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by Goga View Post
    They can be mixed with other non-Homosapien humanoid species only local to Africa.

    But you're right that it might be that they're the purest Africans.
    I don't know if they still carry some Neanderthal genes, but it would be pretty insignificant compared to other populations. Don't forget we are discussing which populations have the LEAST amount of Neanderthal genes ;)

  13. #13
    Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    07-08-12
    Posts
    66


    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
    yep, both in "Caucasians" and "Mongolids" you find neanderthal genes, this is due to the fact that Homo Sapiens in emigrating out of africa encountered in the arabian peninsula some Homo Neanderthalensis , there happened some mixing between the two species (even if today scientist have to modify the fact they were of two dinstinct species, since they were able to procreate a fertil offspring, so they weren't of "different specie"); then this genes spread with both proto mongolians people who moved in east asia from the arabian peninsula, and to proto caucasians who headed in europe, north africa and south asia.
    Also amerinds have neanderthal admixture obviously,
    Sub saharian africans are pure Homo Sapiens.
    Today the adimxture of neanderthal in non-subsagarians is of 4-5% of genes
    No, they're a mix between H.erects and H.sapiens

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •