3WEST_MED15.24
4NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO11.6
5WEST_ASIAN10.31
6MIDDLE_EASTERN7.48
7SOUTH_BALTIC6.55
8EAST_EURO5.48
9SOUTH_ASIAN0.61
10WEST_AFRICAN0.05

And somehow I have more "West Asian" than both the Jew, and Italian samples.

My Combined MENA and West Asian = 18%
Italian = 18%
Jew = 25%
Greek = 25%

Did you run out of appropriate threads for posting your gedmatch results?

You don't want to turn into a Sikelliot, do you? It's not a good path.

You should probably first define what is North Italy and what is South Italy. I feel that Italy, just like France, is a country too diverse for such a simplistic dichotomic partition.
Personally I perceive at least 4 major ethno-cultural macroregions among ethnic Italians (Aosta Valley and Südtirol are thus excused), which are based primarily on genetics and culture:

- Northern Italy: Piedmont, Lombardy, Veneto, Trentino, Friuli Venezia-Giulia
- Central Italy: Liguria*, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Marche, Umbria and Latium*
- Southern Italy: Abruzzo, Molise, Campania, Apulia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily
- Western Italy: Sardinia

*Now Liguria and Latium are the tricky ones: Liguria genetically is transitional between Central Italians and North Italians (with the western half being closer to the North Italian cluster and the eastern half basically merging with Tuscans/Romagnols), however its culture, climate, architecture, lifestyle and overall "feel" resemble more that of Corsica and Tuscany in my opinion than anything north of the Po.
Likewise, Latium is genetically transitional between Central and Southern Italians; as for the culture though it's very much intertwined with Central Italy I reckon, except maybe the southernmost parts. So this is why I grouped these two regions with Central Italy.

Moving on. About the North Italians and the Celtic look nonsense, please define the Celtic look: is Celtic look that of the irish Conan O'Brien or perhaps that of the breton Benoît Hamon? People need to realize that Celtic is a language family, not an ethnicity. Just like the label Slavic, you can range from obvious balkanites like the Bulgarians/Macedonians to Russian speaking "pseudo-Balts" living in Latvia and Northwest Russia.
Either way, North Italians look phenotypically halfway between Central Italians and the Swiss while Southern Italians probably more like halfway between Central Italians and Cretans.

And now you have the Lega Nord perspective on Italian genetics and culture. I told you we had some of these people.

My sincere advice: ignore.

In fact you should ignore the whole thread. It's typical anthrofora nonsense. Who gives a damn what foreigners and racists think?

And now you have the Lega Nord perspective on Italian genetics and culture. I told you we had some of these people.

My sincere advice: ignore.

In fact you should ignore the whole thread. It's typical anthrofora nonsense. Who gives a damn what foreigners and racists think?

What is exactly a Lega Nord perspective, and most importantly what makes it inherently wrong? I'd like my comment to be posted and disproved if some of the points I outlined are incorrect. I'm here to discuss and hear different points of view

EDIT: My original post (feel free to rip it apart, Angela)

"You should probably first define what is North Italy and what is South Italy. I feel that Italy, just like France, is a country too diverse for such a simplistic dichotomic partition.
Personally I perceive at least 4 major ethno-cultural macroregions among ethnic Italians (Aosta Valley and Südtirol are thus excused), which are based primarily on genetics and culture:

- Southern Italy: Abruzzo, Molise, Campania, Apulia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily

*Now Liguria and Latium are the tricky ones: Liguria genetically is transitional between Central Italians and North Italians (with the western half being closer to the North Italian cluster and the eastern half basically merging with Tuscans/Romagnols), however its culture, climate, architecture, lifestyle and overall "vibe" resemble more that of Corsica and Tuscany in my opinion than anything north of the Po.
Likewise, Latium is genetically transitional between Central and Southern Italians; as for the culture though it's very much intertwined with Central Italy I reckon, except maybe the southernmost parts. So this is why I grouped these two regions with Central Italy.

Moving on. About the North Italians and the Celtic look nonsense, please define the Celtic look: is Celtic look that of the irish Conan O'Brien or perhaps that of the breton Benoît Hamon? People need to realize that Celtic is a language family, not an ethnicity. Just like the label Slavic, you can range from obvious balkanites like the Bulgarians/Macedonians to Russian speaking "pseudo-Balts" living in Latvia and Northwest Russia.
Either way, North Italians look phenotypically halfway between Central Italians and the Swiss while Southern Italians probably more like halfway between Central Italians and Cretans.
"

Last edited:
I do not agree with any of the statements. Southern Italians don't look like Middle Easterners.

My partner took her DNA test and she is around 20-30% Southern European according to two different tests (FTDNA/Myheritage). She wasn't expecting those results as she always thought she was just English, bit a bit of Dutch thrown in as her grandad is essentially half Dutch (from Gouda). I don't know whether she does look the slightlest Italian, or even Spanish.

This is her Myheritage results:

FSlS6CW.jpg

And this is her:

9psNBLz.jpg

I myself am Colombian obviously mixed with Amerindian. I have been to both Venice/Rimini and can say even though I felt a tad bit darker than the rest of the Italians, I did not feel too out of place. Interestingly most of my European is Iberian Peninsula mixed with some Northern European. Most of my Colombian family (90%) have light blue eyes. I myself have more hazel like eyes with a green hue. I rarely saw many people with blue eyes or lighter shades in Rimini. Lovely place though!

This is me below (several years ago).

S2j4gNj.jpg

Interesting. Her Southern European is greek/italian and Iberian, going by these results.

I myself am Colombian obviously mixed with Amerindian. I have been to both Venice/Rimini and can say even though I felt a tad bit darker than the rest of the Italians, I did not feel too out of place. Interestingly most of my European is Iberian Peninsula mixed with some Northern European. Most of my Colombian family (90%) have light blue eyes. I myself have more hazel like eyes with a green hue. I rarely saw many people with blue eyes or lighter shades in Rimini. Lovely place though!

This is me below (several years ago).

S2j4gNj.jpg

You look exactly what you're. A south American.

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all! lol

You should probably first define what is North Italy and what is South Italy. I feel that Italy, just like France, is a country too diverse for such a simplistic dichotomic partition.
*Now Liguria and Latium are the tricky ones: Liguria genetically is transitional between Central Italians and North Italians (with the western half being closer to the North Italian cluster and the eastern half basically merging with Tuscans/Romagnols), however its culture, climate, architecture, lifestyle and overall "feel" resemble more that of Corsica and Tuscany in my opinion than anything north of the Po.
They ''Lega Nord'' want North Italy segregated than the rest of Italy I guess purely based on the fact that they are North Italians

My edit:

"'Lega Nord'' want North Italy segregated than the rest of Italy I guess purely based on the fact that they are losers"

:)

My edit:

"'Lega Nord'' want North Italy segregated than the rest of Italy I guess purely based on the fact that they are losers"

:)

The men in the group are hypocrites

Well I hope they're gone now.

The choices on this poll are stupid. Some southerners have a Greek look, but lumping that in with middle eastern doesn't make sense. Also, No choice for southerners to have "southern European culture"?! North Italy would have a culture that's a blend of Southern and Central European. Both have a culture and look that's distinctively ITALIAN, with regional differences. The north look a bit more central European, the south looking a bit more Greek. This thread is an abomination.

The choices on this poll are stupid. Some southerners have a Greek look, but lumping that in with middle eastern doesn't make sense. Also, No choice for southerners to have "southern European culture"?! North Italy would have a culture that's a blend of Southern and Central European. This thread is an abomination.
I agree 100 percent there is nothing Middle or Near Eastern about South Italians I can usually tell the difference right away. Middle Easterners have larger eyes different shaped foreheads and longer faces.

Only ignorant people make those blanket statements

I agree 100 percent there is nothing Middle or Near Eastern about South Italians I can usually tell the difference right away. Middle Easterners have larger eyes different shaped foreheads and longer faces.
Only ignorant people make those blanket statements

Everyone in Europe has something near eastern about them by way of the Neolithic Migrations. All Europeans and Near easterners also have Caucasian ancestry.

If you look at a Global PCA, West Asians are not far off from Europeans, especially compared to other populations in the world. They share many similar ancestral origins. The two even cluster more closely than the other groups by themselves.

zwklls7.png

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/files/2010/07/indo1.png

And another thing as well I want people to stop making stupid comments about Greeks having a connection to the Near East they don't apart from Asia Minor

Where do you think the Neolithic Farmers came from? They didn't grow out of the ground in Europe.

This thread has been viewed 90957 times.

Back