Economy The US and European Economic crisis

Yetos, I feel your pain. Greece isn't the only party to suffer because of the global banking crisis. And yes it was made worse by systemic corruption--but life is short. Plant a garden if you have a plot of land, start fishing if your near a water source, get friendly with neighbors you may not know very well. Becoming independent from the financial grid is the best option, and it's one the banks deplore. Look to Iceland for an example.

Living well is the best revenge.

that is what I do, I predicted or feel it 5 years ago, and I close everything,
yet I can't fell ok, when my mother had to pay extra tax 3 times her monthly retirement salary, which is 45% of what she got, her insuline demands reach 150 E per month and her retirement is 380 E from 850, and the same time the .... force me to stay in Euro, force me to pay moore to solve a crisis they created, to pay what they steal etc,
No politician went to prison,
and the time that we know that oil is about to come out, (I knew it years before) the prime minister goes in secret to bank to sell the deposits, and we learn it from press,
how will you feel if you reach 70, pay 34 years stamps, and sudenly no insuline, and you pay to pay the damage that banks did or the stolen of politicians,
it reminds me middle ages, and tax collectors with soldiers who are coming to take your grain by force at not a normal ratio.

and if you are a fisherman, you have invitation by me to come for fishing,

All man really needs is sex, food, clean water, clean air, someone interesting to talk to, and perhaps a little bit of nature. Everything else is brainwashing to make us thing we need materialism. People don't need expensive cars, designer clothing, jewelry, etc.

I agree, but what you will say to your child when she tells you that she wants to study more and you know she is able?
what you tell your father who worked 40 years when he has to buy his medicine. that he has to die so goverment save the money to pay? and what about the money-stamps he payed?

the case of Milan is clear what is happening, the crisis is not in people, the crisis is a 'good reason' that found some to harash people, kill the elder, and murder the dreams and efforts of younger.

I agree, but what you will say to your child when she tells you that she wants to study more and you know she is able?
what you tell your father who worked 40 years when he has to buy his medicine. that he has to die so goverment save the money to pay? and what about the money-stamps he payed?

the case of Milan is clear what is happening, the crisis is not in people, the crisis is a 'good reason' that found some to harash people, kill the elder, and murder the dreams and efforts of younger.

Education should be free for those with good grades, and healthcare should be free for everybody. Taxes on rich should be relatively high (but not insanely high like in Scandinavian countries), military spending should be low, and free welfare money should be replaced by an increase in low-paying government jobs. All three of the things I just mentioned would ensure that debt doesn't rise too high.

Education should be free for those with good grades, and healthcare should be free for everybody. Taxes on rich should be relatively high (but not insanely high like in Scandinavian countries), military spending should be low, and free welfare money should be replaced by an increase in low-paying government jobs. All three of the things I just mentioned would ensure that debt doesn't rise too high.

there are cases in healthcare,
Helathcare is strange and multiple,
until today we all know that stamps was a solution, and I still think is a good idea in balancing the costs of an old man medicine, but what happens if bankers have spoted that money?

This should be included in curriculum in every high school. Make sure you are rested and loaded with coffee, as narration is fast and rich with knowledge. Written and narrated by professor of Harvard, Niall Ferguson. I wish I could speak like him.

PS. Just keep in mind that this is a TV show program after all, and for this purpose, program emphasizes dramatic historic events of financial markets. Watching a normal financial everyday operation, lets say, of Royal Bank of Canada, would be completely boring and unsuitable for TV, though more educational and more representative of industry.

Nevertheless, it's a great program to watch, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xx_5PuLIzc

Plus, Niall Ferguson views on how to fix our financial system, and run economy in general.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/ascentofmon...all-ferguson-host-of-the-ascent-of-money/109/

Thanks for posting those links LeBrok. This material was in large part a summary of things I already knew, but it was nice to see it packaged together in a higher production medium (please note--I only watched the first hour so far).

The best phrase I heard Niall utter...money is trust. Simple, true, and unavoidable. It's really why our financial systems are in such a horrible condition. Corruption by a few wealthy insiders shattered the trust of the common man. So I stand by my earlier recommendations; plant a garden, take up fishing, strengthen ties with neighbors. Time is the commodity that is most valuable of all, and it's one that the elite haven't been able to legally capture. Yet.

I liked it too, although I think that you went one bridge too far with your understanding. He meant that government (not banking) is "good" behind its money. We trust that government (owner of money) will do everything to keep its promise to keep its notes (the money) interchangeable for an equivalent in goods and services. Otherwise it is just a paper.
Well, if you use US dollars (even if you already hiding in secluded village), it means that you still trust US government in monetary policy.

there is no crisis. Its all schemas to make more money. Greece was the target because nobody cares about greece.

Well, yes LeBrok...but Niall mentions trust as it relates to even hard assets like gold and silver, so I don't think he limiting his theory specifically to fiat currencies. Gold is the final settlement for all debts (it doesn't get "more real" than gold the financial realm) but trust trumps even gold in the physical living world.

To get our system back on track, we need to figure out a way for the small guy to begin to trust the system again.

Well, yes LeBrok...but Niall mentions trust as it relates to even hard assets like gold and silver, so I don't think he limiting his theory specifically to fiat currencies. Gold is the final settlement for all debts (it doesn't get "more real" than gold the financial realm) but trust trumps even gold in the physical living world.

To get our system back on track, we need to figure out a way for the small guy to begin to trust the system again.
I totally agree with all you said here. Hopefully with new and hopefully improved regulations of markets, the bad guys will be kept in check, and trust in economy returns.
That's my wish for New Year. :)

Happy and Great Holidays to all.

there is no crisis. Its all schemas to make more money. Greece was the target because nobody cares about greece.
Well, I do and I have many greek friends. I wish Greeks a big economic improvement in 2013. Though unrealistic, it is still my wish. :)
Hopefully in the future they will pick up some strength, because as Kamani noticed, the weak ones are always kicked around by bullies of this world.

This should be included in curriculum in every high school. Make sure you are rested and loaded with coffee, as narration is fast and rich with knowledge. Written and narrated by professor of Harvard, Niall Ferguson. I wish I could speak like him.

PS. Just keep in mind that this is a TV show program after all, and for this purpose, program emphasizes dramatic historic events of financial markets. Watching a normal financial everyday operation, lets say, of Royal Bank of Canada, would be completely boring and unsuitable for TV, though more educational and more representative of industry.

Nevertheless, it's a great program to watch, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xx_5PuLIzc

Plus, Niall Ferguson views on how to fix our financial system, and run economy in general.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/ascentofmon...all-ferguson-host-of-the-ascent-of-money/109/

I am three hours through it, thanks for sharing this, it is "gold" ;)

THE miracle of Bulgaria.

in the time of crisis, in the most isolated corners of EU, next to G20 Turkey a huge country that manage to recover from 1973 crisis, is Bulgaria,

Bulgaria was behind the iron curtain, so it was shocked after Communism fail.
and away from Russia or Germany to have at least big markets near,
Yet she manage to recover and perhaps one of the only one countries that has + at the time of crisis.

Bulgaria manage to absorve 300 000 working places only from Greece and a good number from Italy.
It absoeve all the problematic industries, and all small corporations giving the chance to become big,

According the NSI (national statistics) has 0,5% raise of total income last 3 months and over 1% last year, when that was bigger before crisis,
Bulgaria manage to raise the standard lvls of living about 50% last decade,
if it goes like that in 5 years maybe a common citizen is better that Greek or South Italian.

all this by absorving corporations and industries that were problematic in other countries, giving them the change to stay on feet,
also with lowing coruption that was big in Communism times and in 90's
Bulgaria has almost 0 migration from other countries, especially outside EU

so crisis I believe has to do with more things, that news or politicians say to us, the ones that did not tell.
when a medium-small country of 8 millions manage to beat crisis then we must search elsewhere where some bankers or politicians tell us.

Bulgaria has almost 0 migration from other countries, especially outside EU

Why does that matter?

no bleeding to abroad currency,
no extra health care.
etc

You just gotta make sure that they pay their fair share of taxes and don't cause trouble, and then its fine. I think governments should lavishly award great immigrants and punish (deport and imprison) trouble makers. If a country lets you in and instead of appreciating you start being a criminal, then you are a very horrible human and you don't deserve the generosity given to you. So it is important to screen incoming immigrants and only allow the best ones in. Maybe the best way to do this is to force everyone to have IDs which can't be faked, and then make all commercial/economic activity impossible without said ID.

You just gotta make sure that they pay their fair share of taxes and don't cause trouble, and then its fine. I think governments should lavishly award great immigrants and punish (deport and imprison) trouble makers. If a country lets you in and instead of appreciating you start being a criminal, then you are a very horrible human and you don't deserve the generosity given to you. So it is important to screen incoming immigrants and only allow the best ones in. Maybe the best way to do this is to force everyone to have IDs which can't be faked, and then make all commercial/economic activity impossible without said ID.

I think that illegal immigrants should be shot.

Each country who wants labour hands must ask a number,

the rest are illegal fortune hunters.or modern slaves,

I think that illegal immigrants should be shot.

Each country who wants labour hands must ask a number,

the rest are illegal fortune hunters.or modern slaves,

Έχεις σοβαρό πρόβλημα έτσι;

BTW, I am writing in Greek so that we can understand each other better. I know it looks a bit rude but, in English, I can not understand what Yetos is trying to say (most of the time!).

Έχεις σοβαρό πρόβλημα έτσι;

BTW, I am writing in Greek so that we can understand each other better. I know it looks a bit rude but, in English, I can not understand what Yetos is trying to say (most of the time!).

haha.

Maybe I have a big problem,
but indeed I am tired of that situation,

shoot them the time they enter country, and in 1 year problem is solved.
FRONTEX really does nothing, things just did not went worse.

haha.

shoot them the time they enter country, and in 1 year problem is solved.

So, Yetos, you would kill most of your ancestors like IE and Macedonians, who at some point came illegally (by force) to Greece. Without them there wouldn't be Greece, there wouldn't be Yetos.

This thread has been viewed 157023 times.

Back