Why no mtDna maps?

The x chromosone from a father? ..........clear this up for me.
X comes only from the maternal line, that is the maternal lines of males and females of you mother...none of your paternal line is present in X

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hulseberg/DNA/x inheritance man 6 gen.pdf

The male gives EITHER an X or a Y. The female only has two Xs so she always gives an X to the baby. If the baby gets a Y from the father it's male, if it gets an X it's female. So males do pass on their X but only to females.

Intelligence is highly X linked. So is muscle strength. Since women have two X then get only half the mental retardation of men and a similarly less amount of muscular distrophy.

So while you can't give a direct trace back to "eve" or anything with X it's very important. Not as useful as a marker but functionally speaking it's much more important.

And it's interesting to me to see this is the case, that women are the ones responsible for the brains of their male children and men only pass half the intelligence genes to daughters, so 2/3 of these genes come from women not men. Which means if you want smart and strong kids you need to select a good female to mate with.

The male gives EITHER an X or a Y. The female only has two Xs so she always gives an X to the baby. If the baby gets a Y from the father it's male, if it gets an X it's female. So males do pass on their X but only to females.

Intelligence is highly X linked. So is muscle strength. Since women have two X then get only half the mental retardation of men and a similarly less amount of muscular distrophy.

So while you can't give a direct trace back to "eve" or anything with X it's very important. Not as useful as a marker but functionally speaking it's much more important.

And it's interesting to me to see this is the case, that women are the ones responsible for the brains of their male children and men only pass half the intelligence genes to daughters, so 2/3 of these genes come from women not men. Which means if you want smart and strong kids you need to select a good female to mate with.

lets clear this up....as per the chart I linked, the male gets zero from his paternal line for his X chromosome. The male does get some from his maternal grandfather ( see chart ) etc. So a male gathers , as per what you state , all brains and all muscle from his maternal lines, be it maternal paternal line and maternal maternal lines.

The paternal line plays nothing for X chromosome for a man

lets clear this up....as per the chart I linked, the male gets zero from his paternal line for his X chromosome. The male does get some from his maternal grandfather ( see chart ) etc. So a male gathers , as per what you state , all brains and all muscle from his maternal lines, be it maternal paternal line and maternal maternal lines.

The paternal line plays nothing for X chromosome for a man
Nope.

Also he only gets it from his maternal grandfather half the time, not always. You could have maternally linked X going all the way back in time, though it should fall out eventually and will recombine anyway.

Last edited:
Never say never, lol. I read up on mtDNA on wiki and there was one reported male where the male form of mtDNA made it in during fertilization. I guess it is really rare. The sperm tail holds the mtDNA, but is usually destroyed upon fertilization.
Granted. Sometimes weird things happen in nature. :)

Isn't it autosomal?

http://www.powells.com/biblio/9780275959036

Maybe this can explain some of it. Not all intelligence comes off of X, but it has some big effects. I have to wonder if some complex things need to stay together as a sort of package to function properly. Also when you think of rape, it seems like this would be a way to somewhat limit its effects, like a natural defense mechanism to preserve the mother's dna. One could wonder if negative blood types worked the same way in ancient times to keep out foreign dna.

OK, but "The author presents a theory that major genes controlling the growth of human intelligence, both left- and right-brain attributes, are on the X-chromosome."

So we can't say it's conclusive yet.

This thread has been viewed 16293 times.

Back