Is free energy possible. Was Tesla right?

I am by no means an expert on this death ray, but I know enough about Tesla's concepts to understand that it would be far more than an overpowered flashlight.

By the way, the Soviets are rumored to have spent more time and energy chasing after Tesla technology than even the Americans. I'm not going to expound on what I think the principles are behind this device because this is an international site and the Chinese could be smart enough to connect any and all dots.

And yes I know, that statement sounds bat shit crazy. :)

no, shooting EMR is basically like a flashlight. I guess a better way to explain it is that it's like an overpowered lazer.

even if anyone chases Tesla's technology. It's 100 year old technology. Utterly useless.

technology now makes use of quantum mechanics and relativity. Tesla did not utilize all the laws of physics yet. Quantum mechanics was barely known in his time, and He even initially neglected the theory of relativity. His inventions are all just outdated (compared to today) analog equipment. Tesla was just missing waayyy too many pieces of the puzzle we now call modern physics.
Tesla was just waayy too limited since at the time he only had access to the most basic theories of electromagnetism.

Any concept of a deathray would have been extremely difficult to master if he did not know quantum mechanics and neglected relativity. It would be like trying to go to space without rocket science (ie like the folk Wan Hu in the 14th century, who strapped himself to a chair full of fireworks and tried to go to space). It just doesn't work.

You're literally implying that this
i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/pencils_2010/tesla_zps3b172e84.jpg

is more advanced than this
apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1112/atlas_cern_3008.jpg

And I'd like to disagree with that.

Last edited:
...technology now makes use of quantum mechanics and relativity. Tesla did not utilize all the laws of physics yet. Quantum mechanics was barely known in his time, and He even initially neglected the theory of relativity. His inventions are all just outdated (compared to today) analog equipment. Tesla was just missing waayyy too many pieces of the puzzle we now call modern physics...

The irony in your arguement is that General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics don't jive with one another. You have to admit, the fact that these two concepts don't flow together isn't exactly a small fly in the ointment... this hints at a glaring weakness in modern physic's abilty to explain the universe (and by proxy a glaring weakness in your Tesla stance.)

Unless somebody came up with the elusive "theory for everything" yesterday and I missed the memo.

General relativity and Quantum mechanics don't link up, but we use both of them in everyday applications.

Take GPS for example.
The satellites are made following our understandings of general relativity, it finds your location based on the time it takes EMR to reach it, and from Relativity, we know that EMR doesn't experience time and that the signal will travel at the speed of light, regardless of where you are, and the EMR remains unchanged.
The clock inside is an atomic clock, which is made from the understandings of quantum mechanics

Also for electronics such as phones and computers that use the internet.
Compare resistors, transistors, inductors capacitors etc. today and 50 years ago. 50 years ago, they were HUGE, now they're the size of a grain. This can't be done without the understandings of quantum mechanics, the science of the very small.
The signals, again, use relativity.

Finding the Higgs Boson, what happens when small particles are smashed together, quantum mechanics
how the data is collected, relativity

We say that they conflict with each other because down to the tiniest levels of the atom, relativity no longer applies, but that doesn't mean that applications in the real life don't use both.

And yeah, it is problematic in the theoretical levels of physics. Hopefully string theory will shed light in the near future :p

Thanks Oriental-- nice link.

I was talking to a retired mechanical/electrical engineer at my jobsite about Tesla... I asked him what he thought of Tesla's idea of accessing energy in the upper atmosphere. He gave me the typical responses, but when he saw that I knew what I was talking about he opened up and stated how much of a genius Tesla really was. He also had a great story about how the founder of a well known world-wide communication company was repeatedly told his ideas would never work... until he showed them how in grand fashion.

Then the retired engineer later returned and gave me all of his old National Geographic magazines-- two big boxes of them!

Last edited:
I am a mechanical engineer so Tesla is really beyond my knowledge. My mechanical view of a earthquake machine would be two vibrators. The intersecting point would be the focal point much like the way our eyes focus on things using parallax. The natural frequency could be calculated using the moment of inertia of the building or house. Earth is a good conductor of sound especially solid ground or rock. Since the earth is a sphere so the focal point would have to be angled to get the distance to the location of the house. Tesla is an extraordinary person and truly a genius. His naivete on human connivance led to his problems.

Tesla discovered microwave, x-ray, wireless communications, (Guglielmo Marconi's radio patent was nullified by the US patent office. Marconi got his patent even though Tesla had patents on wireless communication. It is believed it had to do with J.P. Morgan he had investment in Marconi's company), etc.

Here is a good site for getting the latest gizmos.

http://www.gizmag.com/page/2/

Tesla's naivete did lead to his problems...
He didn't believe the atom could be split or that it could be changed into energy. He didn't believe that electrons existed. This would be considered ludicrous today.

He rejected everything about relativity For example, that space and time can't be curved, but we know now that it does because of GPS satellites. He believed that everything was "ether", an extremely outdated belief that existed since the ancient Greeks.

He was a genius, but also a bit arrogant, making up his own theories and rejecting the works of everyone else's. Thus leading everyone else to think that he's mad or crazy. He was ahead of his time in terms of ideas, but way far back in the sciences, and thus, much of his ideas could never work.

again, not trying to say he was stupid. Even Einstein did something similar in his final years, trying to create a unified field theory. He was missing the weak and strong nuclear forces, which were known at the time. But Einstein blindly and arrogantly rejected it all and stuck to his own theories, neglecting the works of everyone else.

Plus to get the product to the market, the idea itself and genius behind it is not enough. Every thing today is a product of collaboration of many scientists, engineers, capital funds (either from banks, investors or big companies), and good marketing. Genius alone is not enough.

If Tesla worked for a big company (with money) and had many engineers helping him, the story of Tesla would have been quite different.

You are mixing scientists and engineers.

Einstein worked in the Swiss patent office and he had approved patents on trains and railways. His wife was also a physicist and a Serbian. He hashed out many of his theories with his wife. Notice his relativity theory uses trains. Maybe his relativity came from the patents on trains. A patent officer has to imagine the workings of a patent to approve or disapprove it. Notice since his divorce and away from the patent office he produced very little. His ideas could have come from engineers' patents.

Tesla was an electrical and mechanical engineer and son of a priest. Though he didn't complete his university education his achievement is all the more astonishing. He had many patents. He was not a scientist. Successful people tend to value their own opinions more as they succeeded. This could lead one to think they are arrogant. He was quite modest and his ideas were maybe dated but he was not a scientist by trade. His discoveries were from his own lab work. Since he didn't complete his university education he was not up-to-date on scientific theories yet his work affect science in no small way.

You are mixing scientists and engineers.

So, what is your definition of scientist?

Can you be scientist and engineer at the same time?

Yes. Usually a scientist in modern times has a Ph.D. and does research in a university. Yes, Tesla could be a scientist. He is unique. But he is essentially an inventor. He was following Thomas Edison in establishing his own lab. Edison had a lab where he hired many people. It is hard to know for certain which invention he himself did and those his employees did but he owns them.

I should have been more specific about Tesla and Einstein. Einstein was a scientific Physicist while Tesla was an inventor in Electrical and Mechanical engineering.

Last edited:
Einstein's achievements continued even after relativity. I don't think patents could have boosted Einstein's ideas in any way, since his idea of relativity came from his unique perceptions of light. That's my opinion, since patents in Einstein's time were all analog inventions, and it is Very unlikely that Einstein would have worked with any major or important patents, the ones he saw required little to no science.
(for example, Tesla was able to create A/C circuits and X-rays despite disbelieving the existence of electrons as charge carriers, and both have something to do with electrons being the charge carriers)

It's just that he was always insistent that relativity was the answer to life, and that "God does not play dice", which ultimately lead to his downfall.

But still a fair points though. I think Tesla went as far as he could have gone with his limited understanding of the sciences. Anything mroe advanced and he would encounter many problems. For example, I don't believe Tesla would ever be able to make a cellphone since they use satellites and concepts from relativity, which he rejected greatly. As genius as his patents may have been back then, they are pretty much just common sense to today's engineers.

*Note that average IQ in the early 1900s in the USA was less than 75 when compared to today's average. People nowadays are A LOT smarter than Tesla's and Einstein's time.

*Note that average IQ in the early 1900s in the USA was less than 75 when compared to today's average. People nowadays are A LOT smarter than Tesla's and Einstein's time.
That's hell of an interesting info. Good nutrients and bombardment of information from youngest age must be the factor in rise of IQ. I hope people, who believe in destructive and polluting effect of technology and progress in general, will take a note.

That's my opinion

That is good.

The patent office job in many ways ideally suited Einstein. The Patent office had specifically needed a physicist who could understand the fundamentals of many new technologies based upon the burgeoning field of electromagnetism and wireless communication. This tied in with Einstein’s interest in Maxwell’s electromagnetism theory and his experience as a youth with his uncle Jakob developing ideas for the family business. The role included deciding whether an invention would actually work merely from drawings and specifications, a mental exercise rather like the thought experiments made famous by Einstein. “It enforced my many-sided thinking and also provided important stimuli to physical thought.”

June – Parent’s engineering company go into liquidation, the family move to Milan while Einstein remains in Munich with distance relatives to finish his schooling.

His father was an engineer.

http://www.einsteinyear.org/facts/timeline/

The year 1905 is sometimes called Einstein's annus mirabilis (miracle year). In that year he published four outstanding scientific papers:

• An explanation of the photoelectric effect indicating that light energy came in chunks or quanta. This changed thinking on the nature of light.
  • A discussion of Brownian motion demonstrating the existence of molecules.
  • The nature of space and time.
  • The dynamics of individual moving bodies.

I am not getting into a pi***** contest with you. We disagree and leave it at that. You are just a student anyway and they usually know everything.

There is an interesting video on energy transference without wire, through air at a distance (channel name is dutchsinse). Also, this evening I also watched recent episode of Nova that covered the electro-magnetic interaction between thunderstorms and the ionsphere. Bursts of energy periodically connect these two layers and scientists have captured the transfers on high speed film. Massive amounts of energy.

There is an interesting video on energy transference without wire, through air at a distance (channel name is dutchsinse). Also, this evening I also watched recent episode of Nova that covered the electro-magnetic interaction between thunderstorms and the ionsphere. Bursts of energy periodically connect these two layers and scientists have captured the transfers on high speed film. Massive amounts of energy.

I see where you're going with this, and the eventual outcome could be very interesting.

Decades ago Nikola Tesla was found ways for free unlimited energy.

http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/nikola-tesla-free-energy/tesla-free-energy/sbwire-181472.htm

I think for mankind better days are coming.
Could take some time and read post by Agitated. He explains why it is not possible.
As energy might be free, someone has to invest and build the infrastructure to capture it and deliver it to your house. For that reason you will still pay for this "free" energy. If this didn't happen decades ago when electricity was 10 times more expensive than today, surely it means that it is not going to happen today when prices are as low as 10 cents per kilowatt.

This thread has been viewed 83934 times.

Back