What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy?

There are many instances where they don't go hand in hand and other instances where they do I suppose, I don't know it would be interesting to further discuss this maybe I can learn some more.

Zanipolo I am haplogroup T L299+, but I'm literally the only person in the genographic project that had a new subgroup created for me, T-PF7443 , whatever that means. Do u have any info on this lol...I saw on ISOGG website that L299 positive puts me in T1a1 and I ordered ftdna project for more detailed info but do u have any idea where this subclade of T is found most

Adamo, Anthro- is spot on. Y-haplogroup membership techniquely has no effect on skin color. As more and more ethnic mixing occurs, the racial aspect to y-dna will disappear.

This next part is my opinion only though. I think there are aspects effected by y-dna that science either hasn't figured out or are not keen on sharing. I think some haplogroups have an earlier onset of puberty than others, and that some y-haplogroups have higher testosterone levels than others. DNA is more complicated and linked in ways that we may never fully realize.

That last segment is rubbish I have met individuals, men in particular, from all racial backgrounds and colors that when I took a look seemed to have low testosterone. Some where tall others very dark others white....testosterone varies on an individual basis considering even within a population there is 85% of the variability/diversity found throughout the entire world. And haplogroup membership does have an effect on skin color but there are many exceptions. For example mtdna haplogroup J is found at 20-25% across the Arabian peninsula and the Middle East. It's also found in certain Danish and German women. It has been in the same spot on the Arabian peninsula for thousands of years without moving, the Arabian variety. Those J women from Denmark and Germany look just like most Germans though, because their J traveled very far from its origin point to colder temperatures Europe over thousands of years and then subsequently diluted itself/mixed in with R1b or I1a depending on the locale they where in. So instead of mixing in with similar middle eastern paternal haplogroups as in the Middle East, over thousands of years of being diluted with men from a different haplogroup, they lost their trademark J looks. So there are many exceptions but say J2 men for example, some of them came over to Italy during greek colonization or the Etruscans of 800 B.C. , they came much later, still holding on to their darker complexion, even though they mixed in with local mtdna H women so many don't look olive anymore etc, but there are exceptions

Trust me, I don't. way way WAY too many exceptions for it to be considered a rule. Low and high testerone is found in all races, colors, ethnic groups across the world.

Trust me, I don't. way way WAY too many exceptions for it to be considered a rule. Low and high testerone is found in all races, colors, ethnic groups across the world.
Sort of like your theory on skin complexsion right? Its funny how you denounce one correlation with many exceptions, but support another that we have proven to have many exceptions.

Adamo, at least you're consistently inconsistent. :)

No lol testosterone is inconsistent, considering it can be raised with execercise and musculation and lowered if out of shape. It varies on an individual level, even from birth within males of the same population.

Several years ago I remember hearing about a study that found the average African American had a much higher testosterone level than the average Caucasian male in the U.S. (It was either on the radio or an article I read-- can't recall the exact source.)

Does anyone have any knowledge of these findings? Maybe the link is correlated to y-haplogroup rather than skin color. This report would have pre-dated haplogroup science by several years and maybe the researchers missed the linkage.

No lol testosterone is inconsistent, considering it can be raised with execercise and musculation and lowered if out of shape. It varies on an individual level, even from birth within males of the same population.
Skin complexsion varies too. If you live in Florida and your white odds are youll be darker than your white canadian counterpart. Its called getting a tan, why are you still driving your flawed argument?

So being a negroid man with paternal Y-DNA A and mtdna L0 and being darker than the night is also just getting a tan? Hey? Where's jimmy? Oh he's just over there burning in the sun , getting a tan you know burning to a crisp lol. Of course to a certain degree it is linked to certain traits. And personal, black men having more testosterone than white men is a myth. There are black men with higher testosterone than certain white men, and vice versa. It varies individually, based upon the genetic inheritance from both sides, you know, at other 98% of your genome ? : ). If your paternal side from both his parents total testosterone inheritance is low, and same from your mothers side ( whatever her father had and her mother was given via her ancestors also) then having all across the board inherited low testosterone genes, you'll probably have low testosterone. If one side has higher and the other family side low you may have medium testosterone, another sibling may have high and the other low. If both sides inherited medium testosterone then your likely to have medium/ relatively high testosterone. A man with high testosterone may have had many ancestors with high testosterone and even some with low levels, he just inherited more traits from another side of his family whereas his brother is more like some other ancestor. It's very complicated, and as we look back at your parents (2) grand parents (4) great grandparents (16) etc. you can see how this starts to become awfully random of an event.

So being a negroid man with paternal Y-DNA A and mtdna L0 and being darker than the night is also just getting a tan? Hey? Where's jimmy? Oh he's just over there burning in the sun , getting a tan you know burning to a crisp lol.

Point is its like what you stated with test levels, they can change according to certain factors that are not genetically predetermined. Your argument was working out changes testosterone levels, and my counter is tanning changes skin complexsion, how much it changes can vary according to different people, but the same is true for testosterone.
Of course to a certain degree it is linked to certain traits. And personal, black men having more testosterone than white men is a myth. There are black men with higher testosterone than certain white men, and vice versa. It varies individually, based upon the genetic inheritance from both sides, you know, at other 98% of your genome ? : ).

I agree that test levels vary even within the specific ethnic population, but so can skin complexsion, i.e some italians are darker than others, but in a broader observation, we can see on average Italians are darker than Brits, and the same can be said for test levels. READ THIS STUDY.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12608929

If your paternal side from both his parents total testosterone inheritance is low, and same from your mothers side ( whatever her father had and her mother was given via her ancestors also) then having all across the board inherited low testosterone genes, you'll probably have low testosterone. If one side has higher and the other family side low you may have medium testosterone, another sibling may have high and the other low.
Yes, and the same goes for skin complexsion, I am considerably darker than my brother, yet we both have the same Y DNA, you see more holes forming in your argument?
If both sides inherited medium testosterone then your likely to have medium/ relatively high testosterone. A man with high testosterone may have had many ancestors with high testosterone and even some with low levels, he just inherited more traits from another side of his family whereas his brother is more like some other ancestor. It's very complicated, and as we look back at your parents (2) grand parents (4) great grandparents (16) etc. you can see how this starts to become awfully random of an event.
Again, all the same for skin complexsion, as you said its an awfully random event, and this is the case for all genetic traits, including skin complexsion, so NW's theory is just as valid as yours.

Thanks for the link Anthro-. Interesting to note that of the three groups tested, the one with the lowest testosterone level was also the shortest.

Thanks for the link Anthro-. Interesting to note that of the three groups tested, the one with the lowest testosterone level was also the shortest.
Another thing to look at, in this context, is the amount of testosterone receptors. One can have high testosterone level but also can feature very few testosterone/androgen receptors. This combination will produce symptoms comparable to low testosterone level.

Another thing to look at, in this context, is the amount of testosterone receptors. One can have high testosterone level but also can feature very few testosterone/androgen receptors. This combination will produce symptoms comparable to low testosterone level.

Very true. I wonder if the genetic researchers are looking for items like this.

Well I'm not sure if you match up with cretin people bro you'd have to decide by yourself lollll, no but seriously, yes if you share the same haplogroup group as someone, even if you live in a country where most people are a different haplogroup, it means you cluster more with individuals from other areas/countries that have the same haplogroup as you, there are subclades or subgroups within haplogroups also that have their own places of distribution, but overall, being in the same haplogroup as someone pretty much indicates you have the same region of origin. So if your an italian J2 (20% national level) you have origins in Mesopotamia/ the Fertile Crescent ( the northern Iraq/turkey/Syria region of the Middle East). If your a E1b1b italian ( 10% national level) you find your origins somewhere in North Africa ( possibly Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria etc.) if your a G2a italian (6-8%) you are probably linked to the central Caucasus adyghe I people or certain Georgians, Azeris) note that J2 is also found in Georgians and Azeris, if your R1b italian (50%) your closest to where highest R1b frequencies are found ( Irish , English, French , Belgian) but then your subgroup also tells a very crucial part of the story...most Italians from example are R1b U-152, this is a branch of R1b found most frequently in north-central Italy, Switzerland and France. So most R1b Italians have a branch of R1b making them similar to Swiss and French men, same for all other haplogroups ad their subclades. And don't worry about the questions, we like them! : ) this is what this wonderful forum is for so ask away all day : )

Totally agree, the phenotype also confirming your post, but the south Italians do not accept their past and they get angry with this subject. They consider themselves "Mediterranean" without ancestry in Africa and Mesopotamia (their DNA is for the 50% J2 and E1bu1) and of course they do not consider "Mediterranean" the country such Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Iraq, etc. ... strange, right?

Totally agree, the phenotype also confirming your post, but the south Italians do not accept their past and they get angry with this subject. They consider themselves "Mediterranean" without ancestry in Africa and Mesopotamia (their DNA is for the 50% J2 and E1bu1) and of course they do not consider "Mediterranean" the country such Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Iraq, etc. ... strange, right?

Hello feduzzonitti, How interesting. Can you please refer to haplogroups and percentages in South Italy that are directly related to Egypt, Tunisa Algeria (I think you forgot Morrocco and Libya in your analyse) Iraq etc? Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Hello feduzzonitti, How interesting. Can you please refer to haplogroups and percentages in South Italy that are directly related to Egypt, Tunisa Algeria (I think you forgot Morrocco and Libya in your analyse) Iraq etc? Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

There is a funny video on youtube, you can find it search: Russel Peters-Speaking Italian[h=1][/h]it is really true but referred about the south italians.

This thread has been viewed 83599 times.

Back