Hundreds of ancient Lombards to be autosomally tested

if you are interested: Migration Route of Lombards in Italy

Lombard_Migration.jpg

one of the best maps I have seen to describe the longobards

Hello,
Patrick Geary is not going to make a paper on it. The information about lombards genes research has disappeared from his web page.
http :// www .hs .ias .edu /geary

and they where told to pay because they where not vandals........
Then the leaders of the Wandals, that is, Ambri and Assi, moved with their army, and said to the Winniles: ‘Either pay us tribute or prepare yourselves for battle and fight with us.
Vandals are not Scandinavians they most likely are a mix of continental germans and baltic peoples. Bronze-age population between the elbe and oder rivers was baltic tribes. The germanics coming from jutland traveled from west to east along the coast....over time, these people mixed.

where did you read East the Elbe was 'baltic' at Bronze Age - who knows that??? never red nor heard - a proto-satem or a not well evolved "between" I-E language, possible - it is not the same - the eastern Y-R1a of today East germany is not genuine in this land, it was surely carried there by High-Middle-Ages Slavs tribes which reached Hamburg surroundings + (it is proved by surnames inquiry) by modern Slavic emigrants - the Schleswig-Denmark region seems very well being the germanic cradle (with perhaps South Sweden), for we know at this date, not only the West of the Elbe (Laba)...

but if you have some proofs, I'm buyer!
good afternoon and good Sunday

where did you read East the Elbe was 'baltic' at Bronze Age - who knows that??? never red nor heard - a proto-satem or a not well evolved "between" I-E language, possible - it is not the same - the eastern Y-R1a of today East germany is not genuine in this land, it was surely carried there by High-Middle-Ages Slavs tribes which reached Hamburg surroundings + (it is proved by surnames inquiry) by modern Slavic emigrants - the Schleswig-Denmark region seems very well being the germanic cradle (with perhaps South Sweden), for we know at this date, not only the West of the Elbe (Laba)...

but if you have some proofs, I'm buyer!
good afternoon and good Sunday

my error, i meant Oder and not Elbe in the bronze-age

This thread has been viewed 26974 times.

Back