Map of Germanic paternal lineages

Do you have some problems with Italians?Stop to insult all the Italians here.

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of problems has Vallicanus, but he just disturbs this thread. By the way, some Slavs settled in Italy in the Byzantine era and it's historically documented.
In Molise there is a community who speak Croat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molise_Croats
Friuli Venezia Giulia has a Slavia Friulana. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavia_Friulana
Slavs in the Byzantine Calabria. http://www.academia.edu/6488810/Gli_Slavi_nella_Calabria_bizantina
Slavs settlement around Ragusa/Siracusa. http://www.europaorientalis.it/uploads/files/1983/1983.1.pdf

I will find other sources.

Thanks, very interesting info! I will check these links.

When you (Maciano) write "celto-germanic" as ethnic ancestry, are you referring to cymrian/kimbrian heritage (North Jylland tribe giving rise to the name of Wales in welsh- Cymru, who spoke a middleversion of protogermanic and celtic) or a more general suggested heritage from genetic tests compared to knowledge of human migrations history?

Is there something wrong with Phoenician or Greek or Arabic mixture?

Comment: That depends on what part of Italy there is talk about, for what time of history. There was never an "italian" ethnic group. Sicilia was mostly inhabited by greeks during the early roman age, and the Central Italy mostly by etruscans. Northern Italy has been a natural area of temporary stay for really many tribes through history, most of them proto-germanic and celtic. Most people in most countries including also many political leaders, tend to simplify their background or ethnic identity, due to modern national state borders ,religions, or due to other features of the society that is not directly relevant to Genetic and elder cultural history. We also see this effect in minority groups within nations.

Comment: That depends on what part of Italy there is talk about, for what time of history. There was never an "italian" ethnic group. Sicilia was mostly inhabited by greeks during the early roman age, and the Central Italy mostly by etruscans. Northern Italy has been a natural area of temporary stay for really many tribes through history, most of them proto-germanic and celtic. Most people in most countries including also many political leaders, tend to simplify their background or ethnic identity, due to modern national state borders ,religions, or due to other features of the society that is not directly relevant to Genetic and elder cultural history. We also see this effect in minority groups within nations.

Etruscans lived only in Tuscany, Emilia Romagna, Latium and parts of Campania and Umbria. And they were from the German Urnfield culture, so nothing exotic or Anatolian about them.

The rest of Central Italy was inhabited by various Celtic and Italic populations. Italics were also Indo Europeans who came from Central Europe.

I've remade the map with the correct data for Italy.

YO1yqyt.gif

Etruscans lived only in Tuscany, Emilia Romagna, Latium and parts of Campania and Umbria. And they were from the German Urnfield culture, so nothing exotic or Anatolian about them.

The rest of Central Italy was inhabited by various Celtic and Italic populations. Italics were also Indo Europeans who came from Central Europe.

Central European Urnfield, not "German".

Etruscan art was strongly influenced by Phoenician and other Near Eastern motifs so there was something exotic about Etruscans. (Even setting aside their much disputed genetic ties)

There was no Germanic ethnos in Bronze Age Central Europe, only groups speaking languages ancestral to Celtic and Italic.

More off topic from this t-roll.

Etruscans evolved from the Villanova culture which came from German Urnfield Culture.

The only close population to Etruscans were the Rhaetians which inhabited Tyrol, Austria and Southern Germany.

Etruscan art was copied by the Greek one.

Phoenicians colonized only Sardinia and Western Sicily.

Etruscan art was strongly influenced by Phoenician and other Near Eastern motifs so there was something exotic about Etruscans. (Even setting aside their much disputed genetic ties)

There was no Germanic ethnos in Bronze Age Central Europe, only languages ancestral to Celtic and Italic.

What? When a culture is strongly influenced by another culture, often one with which it trades, and adopts motifs from that culture into their art, that means that the adopting culture is itself necessarily exotic or looks like the people from whom it is borrowing certain motifs? Sorry, but I don't see any logic in that statement whatsoever.

In the 19th century, trade with the Orient resulted in the adoption of many "eastern" motifs. See below. I have one much like it; it's one of my most prized possessions. Does that mean that the English looked Chinese or that I do?
3103_1.jpg

Or, let's look at Russian Orthodox iconography. This is a famous Russian icon. Does the fact that they painted saints in this manner or bought art painted in this manner have anything to do with Russian phenotypes? Do these people look Russian to you?
diptych2.jpg

Etruscan art went through various phases. In the beginning it is virtually indistinguishable from Greek art and artifacts even when it is made by Etruscan artisans. As time passed it became more realistic. Would you like me to provide you with links to papers about it? I'll be happy to do so in a PM, but your commentary is, of course, off topic for this thread.

There was no Germanic ethnos in Bronze Age Central Europe, only groups speaking languages ancestral to Celtic and Italic.

there was "german" in the bronze-age...but only in Northern Germany and Denmark ...........no germans in central or southern germany

Yes etrucans mainly traded ouside ot Italy , basically with Phoencians and Greeks only...........the greeks, was usually for pottery. Archeologists can tell a rich etruscans house by the greek pottery found there.

More off topic from this t-roll.

Etruscans evolved from the Villanova culture which came from German Urnfield Culture.

The only close population to Etruscans were the Rhaetians which inhabited Tyrol, Austria and Southern Germany.

Etruscan art was copied by the Greek one.

Phoenicians colonized only Sardinia and Western Sicily.

What is wrong with correcting your anachronistic use of the term "German"?

BTW Etruscans learned more from Greece, even their alphabet, than vice versa.

Phoenician and Urartian elements were also common through trade and cultural diffusion.

OK OK

I've made a mistake.

I meant that Etruscans copied the Greeks art, which was influenced by the Phoenicians and the Egyptians.

What? When a culture is strongly influenced by another culture, often one with which it trades, and adopts motifs from that culture into their art, that means that the adopting culture is itself necessarily exotic or looks like the people from whom it is borrowing certain motifs? Sorry, but I don't see any logic in that statement whatsoever.

In the 19th century, trade with the Orient resulted in the adoption of many "eastern" motifs. See below. I have one much like it; it's one of my most prized possessions. Does that mean that the English looked Chinese or that I do?
3103_1.jpg

Or, let's look at Russian Orthodox iconography. This is a famous Russian icon. Does the fact that they painted saints in this manner or bought art painted in this manner have anything to do with Russian phenotypes? Do these people look Russian to you?
diptych2.jpg

Etruscan art went through various phases. In the beginning it is virtually indistinguishable from Greek art and artifacts even when it is made by Etruscan artisans. As time passed it became more realistic. Would you like me to provide you with links to papers about it? I'll be happy to do so in a PM, but your commentary is, of course, off topic for this thread.

Thank you for the offer, but I have books about the Etruscans.

You agree though that Etruscan art generally has Greek antecedents?

BTW I was only trying to correct an anachronistic use of the term "German".

The adoption by the Etruscans of Greek motifs in their art and artifacts has nothing to do with the phenotype of the Etruscans, which in turn has nothing to do with a map of "Germanic" lineages.

Are you forgetting the rules again, Vallicanus?

It's just an excuse for tro.lling Italians.

Vallicanus is on the same league as the Transexual from Boston.

It's just an excuse for tro.lling Italians.

Vallicanus is on the same league as the Transexual from Boston.

Leave the sexual orientations of others out of discussions, if you please.

This thread has been viewed 128676 times.

Back