Politics Morroco~ The 29th Member of The European Union

For this reason and other more, we are different, quite different, for us religion is essential in life,France is not as religious,but there are other European regimes that religion has much to do.

Whether a religion is essential for life or not, can take an ever ending debate and with all respect I am not sure if this can happen in Morrocco. Its not exactly a fertile ground for free thinkers and others who do not think like the establishment. In Europe people are allowed freedom of Religion, but even Atheists, free thinkers, and other minorities have their rights safeguarded and no one has a right to IMPOSE anything on anyone. No Government in Europe rules with religious law. That's something buried in a dark past and it will never return.

I wanted to say that it is not a serious problem that blocks the release of the Maghreb Union, this is a serious broblem for Libyans.

Got your point, but the current turmoil will also give a set back to a Maghreb Union. This is what I mean there is no real will for this to happen. Too many continuous events for such a long time for such a Union to materialism, when in reality a Maghrebi union would probably bring much more prosperity (in different ways) general speaking, to yourselves and the whole region.

May be, there are also Moroccan Berbers who support Israel and Zionists and have visited Israel several times, these Berber extremists minority are not Muslim,nor Jews, nor Christians, and do not represent the majority of the Berbers.

/watch?v=Bs-j2pPyz8c

No, they weren't interested in Israel, which they saw as an Arab problem. They said that the Moroccan school system was being used to destroy the Berber language and culture, and that those who continued to use the Berber language and practice Berber culture were being discriminated against by Berbers who had lost their language and culture and who just wanted to be Arabs. I've never been to Morocco, so I don't know how valid their concerns were, but I do know that if Morocco joined the EU, it would have to respect minority rights. Your comments make me think that Morocco and perhaps other moslem countries could never fit into the EU because of moslem attitudes about religion.

Got your point, but the current turmoil will also give a set back to a Maghreb Union.This is what I mean there is no real will for this to happen. Too many continuous events for such a long time for such a Union to materialism, when in reality a Maghrebi union would probably bring much more prosperity (in different ways) general speaking, to yourselves and the whole region.

No will to this to happen only by the Algerian regime,the other countries of the maghreb are delighted,for us in Morocco even is mentioned the union of maghreb in our new constitution of 2011.

The project of the maghreb union also has an official site : http://www.maghrebarabe.org/en/

No, they weren't interested in Israel, which they saw as an Arab problem. They said that the Moroccan school system was being used to destroy the Berber language and culture, and that those who continued to use the Berber language and practice Berber culture were being discriminated against by Berbers who had lost their language and culture and who just wanted to be Arabs. I've never been to Morocco, so I don't know how valid their concerns were, but I do know that if Morocco joined the EU, it would have to respect minority rights. Your comments make me think that Morocco and perhaps other moslem countries could never fit into the EU because of moslem attitudes about religion.

Berber language is an official language in Morocco beside the Arabic language, from the existence of the new Moroccan constitution of 2011, the Berber cultures are mentioned and well respected by the new constitution also, even the Hebrew part of Morocco.

Do not listen to extremists.

This thread has been viewed 37624 times.

Back